RC Racer

Nitro Stampede 4x4?

Does anyone know if there will be a nitro version of the Stampede 4x4? Since the Stampede is built off the Slash 4x4 platform could a nitro Stampede 4x4 be built off the Slayer platform?

RC Champion
    I had not thought of this. It's a possibility, but I doubt it would be based off the slayer. The nitro world needs a boost. C'mon, traxxas!
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Racer
    Nitro is dead. brushless lipo technology is just so easy and much faster, sadly I think it's time to face the music
    Cars can fly too!

RC Racer
    Yeah electric for sure has the new technology, speed, and response but a lot of people still like the sound and the "tinkering" that the nitro offers. I would definitely buy one if they produced it.

Nitro will never die.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Competitor
    It may never die, but I don't see traxxas investing anything in it. Traxxas is all about rtr and easy to use and sucking noobs into the hobby. I think they've given up on nitro, but I'd love them to prove me wrong with a NEW vehicle that isn't based off anything they already have...

RC Racer
    what someone needs to make is a 1/10 or 1/8 scale gasoline engine.

RC Champion
    Nitro is simply to much work to maintain, can be very expensive repairs and fuel... It also disrupts neighbors and prevents you from bringing it to places like the park or something. The way I see it nitro is not for everyone, electric very well could be. If I lived on a farm, or up north, pretty much away from others a good nitro car would probably be pretty cool because it goes all day and the noise is not a problem. but electric still dominates.
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

RC Competitor
    It would be cool if traxxas made a quiet and reliable four stroke engine

RC Champion
    Nitro is too much of a pain, traxxas won't invest in it. Anyways, the chassis would have to be completely re-designed, and traxxas has enough stuff going on right now!
    RC enthusiast!

RC Enthusiast
    i think a 1/5 scale gas truck from traxxas would be badass. maybe something to compete with the Baja. the only problem i see is it would prob cost a million dollars

Just a few years ago, people were complaining about the lack of new models in the electric category. Traxxas had introduced the Revo, the TRX 3.3 engine and they were the talk of the town. Then they hit us with the Velineon brushless motor system and subsequent brushless powered electric models. (1/16 too!) Their product line is a lot broader than it was just 5 years ago, and while they sell RTR models, they aren't just for n00bs. While nitro engines can be picky at times, they aren't all that difficult once you learn basic tuning skills. My son could tune a T-Maxx when he was 10 years old! Don't worry nitro guys, I'm sure that there will be some goodies in the future!
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?