Thread: Which One?

RC Qualifier

Which One?

Which one to buy? I'm stuck between a 1/16 Summit or a Rally as a base vehicle, I will more then likely buy the other parts to convert it back and forth but which one do i get first????????? Pros and Cons of each platform
    E-Maxx | T-Maxx 3.3 | (2) MERV's | YZ250F

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbyLover
    Which one to buy? I'm stuck between a 1/16 Summit or a Rally as a base vehicle, I will more then likely buy the other parts to convert it back and forth but which one do i get first????????? Pros and Cons of each platform
    All depends every vehicle is design for a purpuse so what is yours? I like the minirevo, so will get a summit and it will require less parts to convert, to convert a rally from a summit more parts are involved.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 10-27-2010 at 10:46 PM.

RC Qualifier
    im thinking of getting the rally first to run inside while we are flying our helis, I have an E-Maxx and T-Maxx for the off road stuff.
    E-Maxx | T-Maxx 3.3 | (2) MERV's | YZ250F

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I would say it depends on what you want to do MOST. If you see yourself wanting to run onroad the most... or even if thats what you want to do first, get the rally first. Then, order the parts to convert and while your waiting you can run the rally version. But if what you really want to do is run offroad... then get the summit first and order the rally parts. That way, while you wait for the parts you can be doing what you really want, not waiting for parts before you can do what you really want.

On another note, id do a quick study of what the most cost effective option is. Is it cheaper to buy a summit (higher base price) and convert to a rally, or is it cheaper to buy the rally (lower base price) and convert up to a summit. I think what you need is arms, rockers, wheels/tires, pushrods and a body. My guess would be, its cheaper to buy the summit first, then buy the rally parts, than it would be to buy the rally first and but the summit parts. I bet those summit wheels and tires arent cheap and I bet the summit body is pretty pricy. Wheras, any 1/10 TC wheel and tire will work for the rally and the rally body is just a lexan shell... no exo cage.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 10-30-2010 at 09:37 PM.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ