RC Qualifier

Who's buying one or more?

Now this is pretty darn cool. For a small truck. Bet it puts all those other mini crawlers to shame!
    Slash 4X4 PLATINUM EDITION, Revo 3.3 Crawler

RC Qualifier
    crawl rocks at 40 miles per hour...

don't know why i thought of that, really

if the body shell is durable, i'll have it for my merv, get rid of the rear wing and stuff. looks tougher, thanks to the exoskeleton.
    ... oh, and sorry about your wallet

RC Champion
    i don't think it will touch the mini crawlers. as they are made for that. and this is not.

but i will be getting one for the garden and gearing it low.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. eXtreme
    Bet it puts all those other mini crawlers to shame!
    You're saying this based on....what?

Even other mini crawlers have locking differentials. This stripped-down mini Summit has open diffs. It's a MERV. Would a MERV put other mini crawlers to shame?

Quote Originally Posted by turok
    i don't think it will touch the mini crawlers. as they are made for that. and this is not.
    That is true. The Summit isn't and never will be a true crawler, but the lockers at least made it capable of doing some crawling. This mini with open diffs is anything but a crawl-capable truck.
    Last edited by Jay 313; 10-27-2010 at 03:11 PM.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313

Even other mini crawlers have locking differentials. This stripped-down mini Summit has open diffs. It's a MERV. Would a MERV put other mini crawlers to shame?

That is true. The Summit isn't and never will be a true crawler, but the lockers at least made it capable of doing some crawling. This mini with open diffs is anything but a crawl-capable truck.
    Fine - you don't like it. That's clear. Leave it alone.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl
    Fine - you don't like it. That's clear. Leave it alone.
    Agreed, reading in thread after thread how lacking the mini Summit is when no one has had a chance to drive and test it is getting very old and bordering on uncalled for bashing.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    just thought i'd point out, nowhere i can see on traxxas's site does it claim the 1/16 car is a crawler. as far as the site goes, it's a monster truck. whereas the full size one is an extreme terrain monster truck.
    ... oh, and sorry about your wallet

RC Enthusiast
    This thing is not made for crawling. traxxas knows how to make a crawler, if they wanted to they could have done the same to the mimi summit. i think its a awesome 1/16 monster truck, and will be great for offroad bashing, but thats just my opinion
    brushless and nitro. Now your talkin'!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj
    Agreed, reading in thread after thread how lacking the mini Summit is when no one has had a chance to drive and test it is getting very old and bordering on uncalled for bashing.
    totaly agree, the truck isnt even out yet, nobody has it, and all people can do around here is bash on it.

if you have nothing good to say, dont say it atall.
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    Count me in for 1!!!!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Racer
    does it matter if it was MADE to crawl? you know, many things can and do what they are not designed to do. For instance: i race my rusty...and i win. and no, it is not highly modified, and does not have a very fast motor (stock), well, compared to others. Just lots of rpm, proline tires, and an integy chassis (for stiffness, and it looks awesome). this hobby is about being creative, and trying new ideas. And, imo, a full blown crawler is not nearly as fun as this little truck will be. Nice job, TRAXXAS

and i win win with my rusty(it is so much more fun to beat someone with a rusty than a t4...oh the shame they must feel )

RC Qualifier
    I'm buying this truck bc it dosn't have lockers yet, traxxas is giving us a chance to do some real modifing here! heck they even gave us a spare place to put another servo already, my truck will defenatly have lockers
    anything can be fixed with duct tape and zip ties

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by the rc joe
    I'm buying this truck bc it dosn't have lockers yet, traxxas is giving us a chance to do some real modifing here! heck they even gave us a spare place to put another servo already, my truck will defenatly have lockers
    HMMMMMMMMM
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Qualifier
    I plan on converting my MERV to a mini summit to match my 1/10
    SlashVXL-ERBE-Slash4x4PE-RustlerVXL-1/16SlashSW2

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jack b
    This thing is not made for crawling. traxxas knows how to make a crawler, if they wanted to they could have done the same to the mimi summit. i think its a awesome 1/16 monster truck, and will be great for offroad bashing, but thats just my opinion

does traxxas make a crawler? ive never seen a traxxas crawler so i think they are yet to prove they know how. not saying they cant because i would like to see one.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by newb
    does traxxas make a crawler? ive never seen a traxxas crawler so i think they are yet to prove they know how. not saying they cant because i would like to see one.
    I think Traxxas knows real crawlers are made, not purchased(I know the xr10 is close, but how many of those will even stay stock?). Traxxas sticks with RTR's that will sell because they are fun to play with, tough, waterproof and just like most other RC's can be modified into anything you want them to be. IMO 90% of the peeps like to go fast not slow. Crawlers are awesome I love crawling myself but it takes patience, a lot of patience.

If the LT suspension works the way I am hoping it will, I fully intend to make my MERV it a sensored/BL 1.9 or 2.2 crawler

RC Qualifier
    What I'm getting at is even the mini trucks built for crawling suck...

Allot of it has to do with how small they are... That and they fall apart.

I used to be in to crawling so been there done that.

I'm saying even though this may not be a "crawler" it's probably better then the other ones out there made for that. It's traxxas... Nuff said.

The 1/16 Summit is a fast, fun truck that looks like the big Summit. It's not meant to be a dedicated crawler, and we don't talk about it that way in ads or on its web pages. Now, that doesn't mean you can do things to make it more crawler-y, and get your hobby on.

One cool trick you may not know about is swapping gears in the trans to go from a 2.5:1 ratio to a 5:1 ratio, like so:

This will make the truck slower (or more accurately, less fast), but you'll have more torque. Gearing 101, right?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterV
    The 1/16 Summit is a fast, fun truck that looks like the big Summit. It's not meant to be a dedicated crawler, and we don't talk about it that way in ads or on its web pages. Now, that doesn't mean you can do things to make it more crawler-y, and get your hobby on.

One cool trick you may not know about is swapping gears in the trans to go from a 2.5:1 ratio to a 5:1 ratio, like so:

This will make the truck slower (or more accurately, less fast), but you'll have more torque. Gearing 101, right?
    Yeah, WHAT HE SAID!!! Now can all of the bashing stop, if you dont like it dont buy it!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cch1978
    Yeah, WHAT HE SAID!!! Now can all of the bashing stop, if you dont like it dont buy it!!!
    Bashing? I thought this was simply an information debate. We all love traxxas here and the mini summit is traxxas to the bone. Traxxas just is not in the dedicated crawler market and I believe we have all stated the same thing, just in different wording

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    Bashing? I thought this was simply an information debate. We all love traxxas here and the mini summit is traxxas to the bone. Traxxas just is not in the dedicated crawler market and I believe we have all stated the same thing, just in different wording

Agreed... Thanks PeterV That's a handy tip!

I don't care if this is built for crawling or not... It's Traxxas!

I've had other brands... But have been the most happy with any Traxxas I've owned...

My Electric 4Tec, My Revo 2.5 my Revo 3.3 my Slash 4x4, my Rustler VXL...

ALL AWESOME!! Brand X one of them was a Nitro and literaly went up in Flames... The others just not so fun IMO or as easy to work on...

Even though I only have the Revo 3.3 and the Slash 4x4 left...
    I only got rid of the other ones because I only have two hands...
    And can only drive one at a time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313

Why are so many of your posts so negative?

RC poster
    im getting one and stop your dang ranting, gt nothing nice to say then say nothing at all.

RC Racer
    im not ranting, just stating the obvious. i like traxxas and there way of thinking out of the box and constantly building new designs. if they built a crawler i would most likely look at buying it. i am going to transform the 2nd merv into somewhat of a summit as soon as the parts are available.

RC Champion
    I'm on the fence on this one. If it comes with the 550 I'm buying a pair of them for me and the kid. If they are only offered with the brushless system I'll most likely pass.

Great looking truck and I actually like the fact that they left the 2 speed and the locker off.
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Champion
    the way some people are talking. they are on both sides of the fence and sitting on it at the same time. lol

RC Racer
    Guys dont be suprised if you see traxxas come out with locking diffs as an upgrade. Dont forget traxxas is in this to make money. I bet some one will come out with locking diffs for this, just my opinion.

RC Qualifier
    not me. i'm just wondering how many "new" vehicles they will come out with on the exact same platform? i suppose it does have it's place seeing as how you can now go from a mini slash to mini rally car to mini summit to a mini revo all on the same vehicle. and i guess thats pretty cool, especially for those of us on a budget.

personally, i would like to see something that is genuinely new, not just a different version of what we already have available. but that's just me.

See post 8 of this thread: http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...71#post4619271. I don't begrudge you or anyone for wishing something was all-new because it's fun to see all-new stuff, but all-new doesn't necessarily mean "better." I would argue that Traxxas is the most adventurous manufacturer when it comes to innovating new stuff, but we're also smart about using the strengths of existing platforms to build new variations. --Pete
    Last edited by PeterV; 10-29-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    rustler 3s
    merv MMP/NEU 1112 4s
    ERBE 4s

Quote Originally Posted by icrashalot
    not me. i'm just wondering how many "new" vehicles they will come out with on the exact same platform? i suppose it does have it's place seeing as how you can now go from a mini slash to mini rally car to mini summit to a mini revo all on the same vehicle. and i guess thats pretty cool, especially for those of us on a budget.

personally, i would like to see something that is genuinely new, not just a different version of what we already have available. but that's just me.
    Hahaha - if you're on a budget, a vehicle based on a totally new platform is probably not for you. No parts to share, nothing to bring the cost down...
    Either way, this forum is for the 1/16 Summit, not for vehicles that might exist some day.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm buying two! One probably as soon as it hits the market, the other one in March for my birthday...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Sign me up for one asap, and this will be the truck that converts me to the electric side of the force. I cant wait to drop it on my backyard, and chase the squirrels around lol...
    "We know who you are"

RC Racer
    I'm good for at least two.
    3 Summits
    1 3905 Newer E-Maxx