RC Qualifier

What makes this any differant then the Slash 4X4???

It seems like almost the exsact same truck to me.
    Slash 4X4 PLATINUM EDITION, Revo 3.3 Crawler

RC Champion
    The chassis is shorter, so it has a shorter wheelbase. Personally I'd rather have a Slash 4x4 converted to an MT, the Stampede 4x4 looks like it will wheely too much like the Stampede 2wd.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

Here's what separates a Stampede 4X4 from a Slash 4X4:
    - New chassis
    - New center driveshaft (shorter than Slash 4X4)
    - Black-chrome All-Star wheels (Same as Stampede VXL)
    - Talon tires (Same as Stampede VXL)
    - Front and rear Shock Guards (note, you CAN run these with the optional swaybars)
    - Stampede 4X4-specific suspension settings and diff settings
    - Stampede 2WD receiver box
    - New gearing to accomodate bigger tires
    - New front and rear bumpers
    - New body mounts
    - Wheelie bar
    - Stampede body (same as 2WD Stampede but with 4X4-specific graphics)

Everything else is shared with Slash 4X4, including any running changes we've made along the way to materials or parts details to improve durability or performance.

Now, I know some of you guys think that using the Slash 4X4 as the basis of the Stampede 4X4 is a cheat, and every car should be a whole new platform. But when you've designed what you feel is the best solution to the problems posed by 4WD, why would you design something different just for the sake of difference? All you'll do is add cost (now you have new parts to tool) with no benefit or perhaps a reduction in benefit because making the part different also made it heavier, or less strong, or otherwise less than ideal.

The parts sharing between Slash 4X4 and Stampede 4X4 is pure benefit. It lets us offer the Stampede 4X4 for the same price as the Slash 4X4. If you have a Slash 4X4 already, you can share spare parts with the Stampede 4X4. Ditto for dealers; most of their Slash 4X4 parts can also be sold to Stampede 4X4 customers.

If an existing part can keep your cost low, your convenience high, and offer you all the fun, performance, and durability we strive for at Traxxas, then we'll use the existing part. But if only a new part (or a whole new platform) will do, rest assured, Traxxas will step up.

RC Qualifier
    I love it Pete! Cant wait till Christmas!

Thank you

Will a CC 2650 motor be able to drop in this?
    Traxxas start making dirt bikes! :)

RC Racer
    i cant wait for tower to sell it i already have my discount code ready

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterV
    - Front and rear Shock Guards (note, you CAN run these with the optional swaybars).
    This one little line was something I am very glad to read as I know I can run at least the rear set on my slash 4x4 to minimize the debris from hitting the rear drive shafts and causing issues and not loose my sway bars.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    This is like asking what the difference is between a Mini Revo VXL and a 1/10 Brushless revo... same design... just one is smaller...

Seems buyers like having the option to buy a different sized Revo... why not a different size 4X4 based on the slash drivetrain. Why was it a good idea when it was a MERV/ERBE but not a good idea now? Short answer, some people like a smaller truck.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    So would there be more travel with the suspension using the front and rear sections of the pede 4x4 on a slash 4x4 conversion. How does the wheel base compare to that of a pede. I'm trying to figure if it's better to convert since I have a slash 4x4 or just grab a pede 4x4. I'd like to have more clearance with my slash 4x4 as a Mt than it does.

Slash 4X4 and Stampede 4X4 have the same amount of suspension travel. --Pete
    Last edited by PeterV; 10-27-2010 at 05:54 PM.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    - New chassis
    - New center driveshaft (shorter than Slash 4X4)
    - Front and rear Shock Guards (note, you CAN run these with the optional swaybars)
    - Stampede 2WD receiver box
    - New front and rear bumpers
    - New body mounts
    - Wheelie bar
    - Stampede body (same as 2WD Stampede but with 4X4-specific graphics)

Everything else is shared with Slash 4X4, including any running changes we've made along the way to materials or parts details to improve durability or performance.

Now, I know some of you guys think that using the Slash 4X4 as the basis of the Stampede 4X4 is a cheat, and every car should be a whole new platform. But when you've designed what you feel is the best solution to the problems posed by 4WD, why would you design something different just for the sake of difference? All you'll do is add cost (now you have new parts to tool) with no benefit or perhaps a reduction in benefit because making the part different also made it heavier, or less strong, or otherwise less than ideal.

The parts sharing between Slash 4X4 and Stampede 4X4 is pure benefit. It lets us offer the Stampede 4X4 for the same price as the Slash 4X4. If you have a Slash 4X4 already, you can share spare parts with the Stampede 4X4. Ditto for dealers; most of their Slash 4X4 parts can also be sold to Stampede 4X4 customers.

If an existing part can keep your cost low, your convenience high, and offer you all the fun, performance, and durability we strive for at Traxxas, then we'll use the existing part. But if only a new part (or a whole new platform) will do, rest assured, Traxxas will step up.

There ya go. All that makes perfect sense to me, and I'm glad to hear that the 4x4 pede and the 2wd pede use the same shell, so anything thats already out there for the 2wd body wise will work on the 4x4.

I've been dreaming about a green Hummer body and some mashers on traxxas rims . Now I just need to convince my parents to let me sell my rustler and buy one of these.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar

To be honest, i've never really thought of that. It makes a lot of sense, and makes me realize the kind of build-ups you guys have made off of a certain chassis.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles
    So would there be more travel with the suspension using the front and rear sections of the pede 4x4 on a slash 4x4 conversion. How does the wheel base compare to that of a pede. I'm trying to figure if it's better to convert since I have a slash 4x4 or just grab a pede 4x4. I'd like to have more clearance with my slash 4x4 as a Mt than it does.

Slash 4X4 and Stampede 4X4 have the same amount of suspension travel. --Pete
    Thanks Pete. I apprecate the clarification. I'm looking forward to this truck!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yup, but, there's a little difference, the Stampede 4x4 has 4 front wheels from the Stampede VXL...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77
    Yup, but, there's a little difference, the Stampede 4x4 has 4 rear wheels from the Stampede VXL...

World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Enthusiast
    I think once you drove the stampede 4x4, you would see the difference. It is a Stampede after all.
    Stampede VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWilJas
    The chassis is shorter, so it has a shorter wheelbase. Personally I'd rather have a Slash 4x4 converted to an MT, the Stampede 4x4 looks like it will wheely too much like the Stampede 2wd.

I agree. That's what I did with my Slash 4X4. It's really nice. I can run it as a SC truck, an MT and even a Rally car...

IMO Traxxas should have made a Brushless 4Tech before making this...

That I would go and get! You can only have so many truck that do pretty much the same thing.

That's why i just change up my Slash depending on how I want to use it.
    Slash 4X4 PLATINUM EDITION, Revo 3.3 Crawler

RC Qualifier
    I like larger trucks so Slash 4x4 MT is better suited for me. I also don't like wheelies.
    More RC's than most of the people here.

I like wheelies, but I can't stand a truck that only does wheelies. That's not what the Stampede 4X4 is about. You can drive the wheels off this thing and it handles. Not like a pure race truck, obviously, but it does have a good front/rear weight balance so it hooks up and digs in on turns. It does wheelies thanks to power and traction, not because it has a rearward weight bias or any other "make it do wheelies" trickery.

RC Qualifier
    Good. My 2wd stampede did nothing but wheelie until I put weight on the front of it.
    More RC's than most of the people here.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77
    Yup, but, there's a little difference, the Stampede 4x4 has 4 rear wheels from the Stampede VXL...

Quote Originally Posted by Over_revO
    No, it has the front wheels from the Stampede VXL, check the offset...

Stampede VXL: http://67.211.36.157/products/electr...3qtr_chass.jpg

Stampede 4x4: http://67.211.36.157/products/electr...tr_chassis.jpg

RC Champion
    no i don't think thire will be a conversion it would not share any parts really other than the body and tires

and they will never stop makeing the rusty its was one of thire first r/c trucks and i bet they are still makeing money on it
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    What are "diff settings"?

RC Qualifier
    Everything else is shared with Slash 4X4
    Can some (from traxxas) clarify these statements? Are the wheels the same as the Stampede VXL? I cannot imagine they are since I doubt they have two different offsets. It says tires are same as VXL then it says bigger tires. I know that pede wheels will not fit a 4x4 slash... are the knuckles smaller or are the wheels larger?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by freak
    Can some (from traxxas) clarify these statements? Are the wheels the same as the Stampede VXL? I cannot imagine they are since I doubt they have two different offsets. It says tires are same as VXL then it says bigger tires. I know that pede wheels will not fit a 4x4 slash... are the knuckles smaller or are the wheels larger?
    PeterV is a Traxxas employee. When he said bigger tires ("New gearing to accomodate bigger tires") he meant bigger tires than the Slash 4x4. The tires are the same as the 2wd VXL. For the wheels, I'm sure it uses the rears from the 2wd on all four corners like the Slash 4x4 does.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by RobWilJas
    PeterV is a Traxxas employee. When he said bigger tires ("New gearing to accomodate bigger tires") he meant bigger tires than the Slash 4x4. The tires are the same as the 2wd VXL. For the wheels, I'm sure it uses the rears from the 2wd on all four corners like the Slash 4x4 does.
    Marketing Manager is what LinkedIn states.

Do you mean fronts? Looks that way to me, and that adds up to the mentioned specs
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Can some (from traxxas) clarify these statements? Are the wheels the same as the Stampede VXL?
    Yes, all 4 wheels are the front ones from the Stampede VXL...

I cannot imagine they are since I doubt they have two different offsets.
    The Stampede VXL has two different offsets, the Stampede 4x4 has the same four wheels and as I said before, are the front ones from the Stampede VXL...

It says tires are same as VXL then it says bigger tires.
    Already clarified...

I know that pede wheels will not fit a 4x4 slash...
    Yes, they will, without any problems... Take a look at my post from this morning...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showpost.p...86&postcount=8

2.2" Stampede wheels will not fit on the front due to the 4x4-style steering knuckles. 2.8" Stampede wheels will fit.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's what I meant... Also, 2.8" Anacondas (with the right offset) will fit if you're looking for an on-road style Stampede 4x4...

RC Qualifier
    Lower the cg and slap on a set of 2.2 dirt hawgs a stadium truck body and I'd be very happy. A new racing class is born 4x4 electric stadium trucks. Count me in.

RC Competitor
    I don't think the 4wd will be as much fun as the classic 2wd....