RC Racer

so technically...?

One could take the 4x4 pede vxl and with minimal parts, body posts and wheels/tires and maybe lower the suspension a little, could turn it into a 4x4 rustler correct, or be real close to it?

RC Champion
    it would still have the raised center chassis, but yeah I like where you're going with that!
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Champion
    I have a feeling Traxxas is making a 4x4 Rustler some time soon.

RC Qualifier
    victoria BC bashing with my bud 1slash and racing with COR victoria
    and then maybe even a new bandit built off of the slash 4x4 chassis
    1/16 revo
    slash 4x4
    some more but they wont fit

RC Competitor
    I think a 4wd bandit would be useless.. How much power could those skinny front tires possibly put to the ground?

RC Qualifier
    I bet it wouldn't be useless with buggy badlands with bigbores, center diff, and sway bars
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a few parts laying around and I'm already buying new parts to build one...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Racer
    Dude, people build BackSlashes all the time. It would be nothing to make a 4wd Bandit a factory model. I'm actually surprised with all the new releases lately that they haven't.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdriver
    I think a 4wd bandit would be useless.. How much power could those skinny front tires possibly put to the ground?
    Well if it was 4wd, then it wouldn't have those skinny front tires.

I doubt traxxas will ever make a 4wd buggy, especially one based off of the slash chassis. The raised chassis design wouldn't work well with a low slung buggy (probably wouldn't be that good for a stadium truck either) Also, the 1/8 buggy market is incredibly populated already, and the whole class is marketed towards racers. I don't think traxxas wants to get into the hardcore racing scene.

So basically, unless traxxas produces a lcg chassis and has a big enough market to sell a 4wd buggy (mainly to bashers), I don't think it will happen. Makes me sad though

RC Qualifier
    I would love for Traxxas to get the 4x4 Rustler on the shelves. Then maybe the 1/10 4x4 truggy scene would be a bit more popular.
    ENJOY the hobby, don't HATE it.

RC Qualifier
    The 4x4 rustler can't be far away.
    More RC's than most of the people here.

RC Qualifier
    if they relese a 4x4 rustler they have to team up with proline and get badlands on all fours or put talons on all fours cause those ribbed front tires are not stiky enough for 4wd
    Your nitro is fat...It ate my Brushless Dust!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wirgej38
    if they relese a 4x4 rustler they have to team up with proline and get badlands on all fours or put talons on all fours cause those ribbed front tires are not stiky enough for 4wd
    Obviously they would not keep the ribbed tires up front.

RC Champion
    I think we're more likely to see a 4x4 buggy before we see a new rusty or bandit. I'm not sure there is a market for a 4x4 stadium truck and a 4x4 bandit just doesn't make sense to me..

The Slash chassis would work for a 1/8 scale buggy but I agree a lower COG would be nice and Traxxas has already proved they consider different chassis's acceptable for different models. Besides the obvious wheels and body the Pede chassis is the only major change from the Slash. Why not design another one and slap a buggy body on it.
    Last edited by john01374; 10-26-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by john01374
    I think we're more likely to see a 4x4 buggy before we see a new rusty or bandit. I'm not sure there is a market for a 4x4 stadium truck and a 4x4 bandit just doesn't make sense to me..

The Slash chassis would work for a 1/8 scale buggy but I agree a lower COG would be nice and Traxxas has already proved they consider different chassis's acceptable for different models. Besides the obvious wheels and body the Pede chassis is the only major change from the Slash. Why not design another one and slap a buggy body on it.
    I agree with your idea, a lcg chassis with the slash drivetrain would be sweet. But I still dont think that Traxxas will release a 1/8 buggy, simply because it's an overcrowded market that's aimed at racers. And lets face it, if a company is going to make a vehicle for a certain racing category, what's the point if it's not competetive? And I don't think they could get away with making a 1/8 buggy and expect to sell it as only a basher.

Traxxas is good at what they do, and that is building the best bashing vehicles on the market. I dont' think they'll jump into competetive racing classes
    Last edited by vxlkid; 10-26-2010 at 04:26 PM.

RC Champion
    i hope traxxas dose not use talons no offense but they kinda suck at everything other than letting you slip around every where
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlkid
    I agree with your idea, a lcg chassis with the slash drivetrain would be sweet. But I still dont think that Traxxas will release a 1/8 buggy, simply because it's an overcrowded market that's aimed at racers.

This is exactly why I feel they should bring an 1/8 scale buggy to market. What Traxxas does best is bring new people into RC and lets face it. The average person is not going to buy any of the current 1/8 scale buggies for exactly the reason stated. They are aimed at racers and they are Expensive.... The last 1/8 buggy I ran cost me close to $1000 and that was just to get it on the track. I spent another $200 or so making it competitive.

If traxxas can give us a RTR 1/8 scale buggy based on the Slash 4x4 for under $300 brushed (can you say Titan 775) or $400 brushless I think they would sell everyone they could build and there would be a lot more people in the 1/8 scale game.

Right now 1/8 scale around here is dead simply because of the cost to play. SCT's are where it's at for one major reason..... Cost.. For $250 you're on track racing..
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Champion
    I'm sure traxxas could make a 1/8 buggy for cheap, but would it be a competetive racer against all the $1000 rigs in the same class? Traxxas excels in racing in their own way because their trucks *create* the class, they don't try to simply beat everyone else in the existing classes (at least recently)
    Last edited by vxlkid; 10-26-2010 at 09:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Its not in traxxas best interest to enter the race market. Real racers wouldn't buy it and traxxas focus is bashing.

RC Qualifier
    Why build a 4x4 Rustler when You have a Erevo and a mini revo??????
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmr4life
    Its not in traxxas best interest to enter the race market. Real racers wouldn't buy it and traxxas focus is bashing.
    My point exactly.