Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RC Racer
    I just bought some X pattern pro compounds and I would also recommend them for grip driving. The car handled very well.

RC poster
    OK so im lost in the posts and i really need to know what off-set size from hpi to buy or my rally. i just got 15in of snow and im half way done with the snow cross track out back.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Faucimike View Post
    OK so im lost in the posts and i really need to know what off-set size from hpi to buy or my rally. i just got 15in of snow and im half way done with the snow cross track out back.
    3mm offset

RC Qualifier
    is this with a stock setup and open diff?

Quote Originally Posted by prototyp View Post
    Picked up some interesting solid hard (abs?) drift "tires" and nice spoked wheels from R2 in Hong Kong. The drifts are a two-part tire which makes them easier to install... somewhat flexible inner ring which mounts onto the wheel, and then the lot presses into the tight-fitting solid outer tire. They were unusual anyway so I thought I'd check em out.

The wheels are very glossy and nicely detailed, and made from a very stiff plastic. All up, each corner is very heavy compared to a set of HPI wheels and touring tires. They probably act pretty well as gyros when they're spooled up.

When the tires were new and shiny, there was literally zero traction on pavement but seemed a little better on concrete. They've worn over the last couple weeks and gotten nicely roughed up, their performance and my throttle control is better and now I'm drifting like a star on both kinds of surface.

I'm likely going to try some hard rubber-compound drifts like the stock Block/Mustang slicks for asphalt, and keep these plastic T's for concrete.

Quick vid of the R2 drifts in action on concrete:

Mounted our Flip to the chassis this afternoon, too. So will hack together some POV footage on pavement for our entertainment.

RC Champion
    I can easily be done with the open diff. I use the same style tires (tires+insert) on my KB, and I also used them in my 4tec with a Sidewinder SV2 and the VXL motor on 2s for drift, no vids of the KB yet:

Everything overpowered...

RC poster
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

New wheel n tires did a quick test and so much better than stock ones

RC Champion

Last edited by QYKSLVR; 04-19-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    Everything overpowered...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456