RC Qualifier

What if the Stampede 4x4 came before Slash 4x4?

For those of us that are unhappy with a repackaged slash for our 4x4 pede... would you be happier if the pede would have came first?

RC Qualifier
    i don't have a problem with it, im actually glad the did it since it is already proven
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I love the repackaged slash for our new pede... having multiple trucks with similar parts means more aftermarket parts available now, more aftermarket support in the future, easier parts availability and... as far as im concerned... it means the 4X4 pede exists in the first place. Traxxas would not have built a 4X4 pede unless they could do it cost effectively. So, thanks to their ability to use parts they already have, I get a 4X4 pede.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
    I love the repackaged slash for our new pede... having multiple trucks with similar parts means more aftermarket parts available now, more aftermarket support in the future, easier parts availability and... as far as im concerned... it means the 4X4 pede exists in the first place. Traxxas would not have built a 4X4 pede unless they could do it cost effectively. So, thanks to their ability to use parts they already have, I get a 4X4 pede.
    Very well stated. The more, the merrier.

RC Champion
    I agree with Pavmentsurfer 100%. he made a great statement!
    I would have still picked up my slash 4x4 before the pede 4x4 if it was out first. I'm not a competitive racer but I like the ability to race against friends with the slash 4x4 and convert to MT when I want. The Emaxx was my first choice but glad the wife went the cheaper route for my bday and snagged the slash. But now the pede 4x4 is on my list to get after christmas if not sooner.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I have a sneaky suspicion that traxxas knew all along about the Pede 4X4... likely at the same time as the Slash 4X4. I highly doubt they build the slash 4X4 and though "well, thats all for those parts"
    Kindof like the mini's. I bet they looked at the first MERV and said... here comes a bunch of new vehicles.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Censoring stuff like this is getting old.

I posted this elsewhere, and thought it worth repeating here...

I know some of you guys think that using the Slash 4X4 as the basis of the Stampede 4X4 is a cheat, and every car should be a whole new platform. But when you've designed what you feel is the best solution to the problems posed by 4WD, why would you design something different just for the sake of difference? All you'll do is add cost (now you have new parts to tool) with no benefit or perhaps a reduction in benefit because making the parts different also made them heavier, or less strong, or otherwise less than ideal.

The parts sharing between Slash 4X4 and Stampede 4X4 is pure benefit. It lets us offer the Stampede 4X4 for the same price as the Slash 4X4. If you have a Slash 4X4 already, you can share spare parts with the Stampede 4X4. Ditto for dealers; most of their Slash 4X4 parts can also be sold to Stampede 4X4 customers.

If an existing part can keep your cost low, your convenience high, and offer you all the fun, performance, and durability we strive for at Traxxas, then we'll use the existing part. But if only a new part (or a whole new platform) will do, rest assured, Traxxas will step up.
    Last edited by PeterV; 10-29-2010 at 10:38 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I think the similarity between the different vehicles is brilliant, for the reasons already stated. I like that we're now getting so much performance, at such reasonable prices.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    I have a stadium truck and a short course truck by brand "H" and having common parts is FANTASTIC!

I actually wish they would have used the Slash 4x4 chassis on the Stampede 4x4. Then the overall footprint would be bigger and I could probably get wider factory A arms for my Slash 4x4. Its not a bad thing its smaller, the VXL will be a real handful on 3s in this truck.

Can I still beg for wider arms for the Slash 4x4 and Stampede?

RC Champion
    i agree with pave and peterV 100% also
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Champion
    Yeh, I have to agree with pave on this one.