RC Champion

Can you envision this?

I'm going to sell my current revo/slayer based project bash truck and applying it to a new 4x4 Stampede. I've always been partial to the rustler and stampede, and this release got the gears turning in my head! I want the 'pede with Imex RC "Truck Pull" tires with a jconcepts f150 raptor body. Simple build, yet perfect for the snow/farmer's field bashing!
    RC enthusiast!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Lovin the ford rapter. That truck is a baja/sct off the show room floor. Good choice for your pede.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    I run the F150 Illuzion body on my slash 4x4 and love it. Hope it fits the pede 4x4. I was thinking since my son and daughter are in scouts that I would pick up a pede 4x4 to pull a makeshift ramp on wheels while the slash 4x4 jumped it during the parade route or vice versa.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    not sure if they made a raptor body for the pede(if 4x4 is the same size), but it does sound like a good start!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I cant wait to see it with those tires. Be sure to post pics. I have a set of the j7 wide 2.8's on my 4x4 slash 1/8 jeep build, and every imex tire I have seen up close look great. I have heard that the imex tires have problems staying together at high speeds unless you tape them, so tape them just in case.
    Also, they are 2.2's so do some research as to which 2.2 rims will fit the front of the pede 4x4. I don't know which ones they are, but remember seeing a thread on it and many will not clear the c-blocks.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Hopefully the suspension is a similar size to the 2wd stampede and allows a standard 2.2" rim to be used. My nitro stampede was a blast to drive with proline Masher 2000's and the 2.5 engine... I regret selling it, and this 4x4 looks like to much fun! And the torque of a brushless motor should easily turn some big tires... atleast, easier than my nitro did
    RC enthusiast!

Hopefully the suspension is a similar size to the 2wd stampede and allows a standard 2.2" rim to be used.
    I was hoping for the same thing but it is my understanding that the suspension is the same as the Slash 4x4 and a standard 2.2" truck rim will not fit over the knuckles/carriers of the Slash 4x4 so I think we are out of luck on that one.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Hmmmm.... this is going to take some genuine ingenuity!

MAYBE... 17mm adapters will fit the axles allowing a larger wheel and tire to be used.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-27-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: merge
    RC enthusiast!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You can easily mount pretty much any 2.2 monster tire on a TRX 2.8 rim by simply cutting off the bead of the tire. It works particularly good with Masher 2ks. but I did it with a set of Moabs also and it worked good. Any wider 2.2 tire with a thicker sidewall will work and so far, this combo (the Mashers) have stayed glued better than any other tire ive ever run.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    or you can use a rpm wide offset rim. then you can run any 2.2 tire you would like
    Last edited by FSTR4X4; 10-27-2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Slash 4x4 MMP-HV 5.5
    Slash Sidewinder SC 3800kv

RC Champion
    no RPM 100% offset rims DO NOT WORK i have tried and have has no luck with them
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Champion
    What did not work with the wheels? Were they breaking part, or did not fit? Also pavmentsurfer I'll look into the Imex sidewall thickness... thanks for the tip!
    RC enthusiast!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
    You can easily mount pretty much any 2.2 monster tire on a TRX 2.8 rim by simply cutting off the bead of the tire. It works particularly good with Masher 2ks. but I did it with a set of Moabs also and it worked good. Any wider 2.2 tire with a thicker sidewall will work and so far, this combo (the Mashers) have stayed glued better than any other tire ive ever run.
    That's a good option. I've just stretched 2.2's over the 2.8.
    More RC's than most of the people here.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rustlerbasher
    What did not work with the wheels? Were they breaking part, or did not fit? Also pavmentsurfer I'll look into the Imex sidewall thickness... thanks for the tip!
    are these the wheele's you are talking about??

if so they do not work i have tried them so many times and they just don't fit

http://www.rcplanet.com/RPM_Revolver...p/rpm82222.htm

and Bmr4life how easy is it to stretch them over 2.8's?
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slash
    are these the wheele's you are talking about??

if so they do not work i have tried them so many times and they just don't fit

http://www.rcplanet.com/RPM_Revolver...p/rpm82222.htm

and Bmr4life how easy is it to stretch them over 2.8's?
    Not very. Here's a link to an example. Poster has 2.2" Moabs on 2.8" wheels.

http://monster.traxxas.com/showpost....73&postcount=8

And another from the same thread with 2.2" road rage on 2.8" rims. 3rd from left.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Heres my Mashers on 2.8's with the bead cut off... they mount up just like a stock traxxas tire does and fit perfect. No stretching required...

This pic shows the Moabs mounted the same way on Jato Twin spoke rims:

Keep in mind, these are both 2.2 tires on 2.8 rims. All I did was cut the thick part of the bead off and fit them on the rim exactly like a traxxas 2.8 tire fits... its like theyre meant to fit this way.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    wow thats awesome looks like i am going to have to do this!
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    That does look good pave. Nice work.

RC Racer
    Pave those trucks are sick!!! Nice I'm wishing I knew this 3 days ago....is that the slash front bumper
    Last edited by hco20001981; 11-23-2010 at 09:38 PM.