RC Qualifier

Good Upgrade for little $$

Just thinking about how to be able to run 3s and stay cool and water proof and came across this: http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m10-car-2848-3000.html

For 30 bucks and having a larger can and everything, this might be a great upgrade for the totally AWSOME new STAMPEDE 4X4 VXL
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    All electric motors are waterproof... so any brushless motor you buy will be as well. The problem with the tacon motor you linked to is that its actually not a full size 540 motor... its a 380 size motor with cooling fins on the can. In a truck like a rustler it will work fine geared correctly, but in a pede 4X4 it wont have nearly enough torque to push the truck around without getting hot.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    k, so what about the vxl with the new cc 3600kv sc motor on 3s
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Thats what dad was saying would be a good choice as its a 4 pole motor and is supposed to make HUGE torque... I guess time will tell... I do think the 4X4 will benefit from more torque and im still going to try to fit an MMM 2650 motor with a MMP ESC in mine... but if the 3600kv castle motor was the ticket, paired either with a VXL ESC (so its waterproof) or an MMP ESC id consider going that way also.

I wish someone made a large can motor (like an MMM motor) but shorter like a VXL... HUGE torque and a bit lower KV.... maybe in the 3000kv range but with the larger rotor... that would be perfect.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I think the sc motor that is supposed to be paired with the mmp would be perfect, prbably low 3000 kv and 4s capable and the can size is in between the cc3600kv and the 2650kv
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock