Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
    I think this would fit. This is what im going to try in this truck. The slash 4X4 is much happier with a monster motor in it and KSB51RL is running his monster motor with an Mamba Max esc (not a pro) as I understand others are also. I think the pede would be perfect with the 2650 and the MMP.
    Anyone else have any thoughts?
    CC 2650 in a pede sounds like fun to me, plus the front tires will last forever!! LOL
    Jones
    Having too much fun!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Got my 2650 motor today. Ill pull the VXL motor out of my 2X4 and do some comparo pics and measurements.

Today I got all the Platinum suspension parts, the big bore shocks and the centre diff as well as the King Headz mount in the mail.
    Yesterday I got the Hot racing heat sink motor plate and clear gear cover in also.
    Tonight I should have the slipper bearing adatper, RPM bumper, arms, 4X4 body mounts, new hummer body and MMP ESC waiting for me at my hotel. I think thats pretty much all Im currently waiting for.

I just realized today though that since the differentials are revo spec, revo 3.3 diff cups would work... so im going to buy (2) Hot Racing diff cups also... just for fun.

Does anyone know of a colored aluminum shock cap that will properly thread on a big bore shock? I thought traxxas had some... but I cant seem to find any. A part number would be great... I want blue ones.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-04-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: merge
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I got my tower orders all in now. RPM arms and mounts, MMP ESC, aluminum bearing adapter and a few other odds and ends... basically, all im missing now is THE TRUCK....
    I also forgot I bought a Hitec 645MG servo for it. That came in as well as the hummer SUT body.
    Ill get some pics of all the parts when I get home.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
    I got my tower orders all in now. RPM arms and mounts, MMP ESC, aluminum bearing adapter and a few other odds and ends... basically, all im missing now is THE TRUCK....
    I also forgot I bought a Hitec 645MG servo for it. That came in as well as the hummer SUT body.
    Ill get some pics of all the parts when I get home.
    Pav you really crack me up. You've probably spent more on upgrades than the truck costs before you get it. I think it's great!!! I really glad I got into this hobby. Can't wait to see your ride once you get all the fun stuff put on it. Man that sucker's going fly with that 2650 in it!!!!!
    Jones
    Having too much fun!

RC Champion
    not to sure if these will work with big bores but they are blue!!!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ock-Cap-Blue-4
    rustler vxl 2.4

I think the STRC caps are for the ultra shocks. Still need to find a blue set somewhere...
    Cant wait for this truck to get rolling. I know its "not a project" to some, but to me... its got all the fixins of a project. When I get home im going to do a comparison measurment of the VXL motor and ESC and the 2650 motor and MMP ESC laid out the way they are in the 4X4... just to see if theres as much room as I hoped there would be.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    I looked on tower and even the traxxas caps say for ultra shocks.. this is going to be a nasty truck when you get all the upgraded parts installed!!!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    pave, I see tons of traxxas caps on ebay. You can get them for about 10 bucks. The red set- 4 pack part #3767x, 4 pack of blue # 3767a. Happy hunting.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

are the ones you found for big bores? Thats what I need... not for the ultras... ill look into those part numbers. Thanks guys.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Its the same set. I've never seen 2 different sets. These are the ones I'm running on my truck with big bores

Hmmm... ill have to try them out. I know I tried to put big bore caps on ultra shocks and they didnt fit very well... but im going to try out what your suggesting.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I put the red ones I've suggested on my BB's and put the factory BB caps on the ultra's for the other truck. I did use a couple raps of teflon tape on both.
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to give traxxas a jingle and ask them about it. I'm close to 100% sure that its the same thread for both shocks.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 11-10-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Cool... that will be my next upgrade I guess... I just did a bit of a tally on the upgrades ive got so far and I think im done for the time being. I almost picked up a set of aluminum revo diff cups but they were $20 each and I just couldent bring myself to drop another $40 on this thing... with that said, I did buy the Hot Racing dual slipper kit. I figured, with the 2650 motor its probably a good idea.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    If you put the 2650 motor the aluminium diff cup is one of the first mod to ad, I have change too much plastic cup on my e-maxx 3908 on 4S and 6S, the screw always come loose and the ring gear are scrap after that.

For the slipper kit, I will buy the Robinson Racing G3 before the hot racing, the G3 cost 40$ and come with full contact pad and hard steel spur gear. But you do buy steel pinion gear for matching with hard steel spur gear.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Backplate-54T

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...inion-Gear-17T
    Last edited by samintrepid; 11-16-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

RC Racer
    Pavmentsurfer, What happen to this build?