Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5

    Just want to buy a car only

    Why don't Traxxas just sell the cars without all the other stuff?
    I already have two radios and heaps of batteries.
    It would be great to be able to add to the collection without paying more and getting all the other stuff i don't need.
    I don't want to buy rollers off ebay.

    Also the new stampede looks awsome but i think ill stick to my 2wd....
    whats the use of 4wd when the front wheels are never on the ground!!
    Mine:Clodbuster,Slash4x4 ult,pede VXL.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by Turr1can
    whats the use of 4wd when the front wheels are never on the ground!!
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    TEXAS!!!!
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Turr1can
    Why don't Traxxas just sell the cars without all the other stuff?
    I already have two radios and heaps of batteries.
    It would be great to be able to add to the collection without paying more and getting all the other stuff i don't need.
    I don't want to buy rollers off ebay.

    Also the new stampede looks awsome but i think ill stick to my 2wd....
    whats the use of 4wd when the front wheels are never on the ground!!
    Absolutely, I agree 1 million percent that NON-RTR versions should be available from Traxxas. Just the truck itself with no radio, no battery, no charger, nothing else.

    I have to wonder just how many sales Traxxas may have lost over the years to folks whom didnt feel the expense of an RTR was justifiable to which they ended up just buying a roller and added the motor and electronics themselves. Many folks just need the truck itself, not an RTR!!

    Give us a NON-RTR version, please!!

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    TEXAS!!!!
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxhoundEP3
    Thats is a FUNNY GIF there!! I laughed pretty good when I watched it.

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLexan
    Absolutely, I agree 1 million percent that NON-RTR versions should be available from Traxxas. Just the truck itself with no radio, no battery, no charger, nothing else.

    I have to wonder just how many sales Traxxas may have lost over the years to folks whom didnt feel the expense of an RTR was justifiable to which they ended up just buying a roller and added the motor and electronics themselves. Many folks just need the truck itself, not an RTR!!

    Give us a NON-RTR version, please!!
    i can tell you im one of the ones who bought a roller. i wasnt going to pay $400 for stuff i wasnt gunna use. so i spent $200 and got what i wanted.
    Slash 4x4 MMP-HV 5.5
    Slash Sidewinder SC 3800kv

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    918
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa Quad Cities
    Posts
    2,470
    If you bought a roller off eBay then Traxxas already recieved the money at some point! No sale lost... It would be great to see some kits so I can swap electronics out of my kids trucks over to the new pede 4x4.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles
    If you bought a roller off eBay then Traxxas already recieved the money at some point! No sale lost... It would be great to see some kits so I can swap electronics out of my kids trucks over to the new pede 4x4.


    They still miss a sale....instead of selling one it would have been two. Other manufacturers offer bind and drive systems which simply means they recognize you may already own one of their nifty 2.4g controllers that is marketed as being able to control any of their cars once binded. I think if they sold a truck only without the controller, batteries, tools, charger they could easily drop 100 bucks off the price. I love getting a NIB rc but until they stop forcing me to buy the extra crap I already own I will keep buying second hand and from chop shops......I guarantee 100 bucks off the RTR price would encourage alot of 1 car owners to become 2 or3 car owners.

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    659
    Someone will always buy the stock Traxxas stuff. I love the stock velineon system myself.

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,145
    Keep in mind, the MFG in question only saves you $30 when you buy a BND truck. And you still get all the other stuff (charger, battery etc)
    Youll never see traxxas knock $100 off the price just for the transmitter and battery. (the charger is worth what, $1 and the tools are worth 50 cents) I can see the possibility of saving $40 with no transmitter or battery though... and id be happy with that. I dont use those parts, I just sell them. But I also dont use a traxxas radio so selling the complete radio I get in an RTR is better than selling just the receiver id get in a BND vehicle.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

  11. #11
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9
    Traxxas should sell rollers. a clear lid an no electronics! If you have been in the hobby for some time its just a matter of time till you buy a better radio,lipo,servo and brush-less system. i bought my slash roller on ebay and added my flavor of electronics. no way im gonna pop $300+ when half the stuff in the box is going out the window.
    Last edited by medina619; 11-09-2010 at 05:13 PM.
    E maxx/Slash 4x4/Slash 2wd

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    439
    If you're savvy enough to buy on eBay, take the stuff you don't need and sell it there too. There are plenty of people paying solid money for your batteries, RX and TX's, etc.. that you won't be using. Yes the RTR's cost more, but you can more than recover the extra costs involved. It's no mystery, Traxxas is in the RTR business plain and simple.
    assembled in Tawain, hopped up in America

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. arceeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Central New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    13,880
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away - Traxxas used to sell kits (yep - U assemble) and ARR (Almost Ready to Run) trucks with no radio. I built my first Stampede from a kit, and my first Nitro Stampede was an ARR kit. This was back in uhhhmmmmm 1996.......
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

  14. #14
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,122
    well then bring it back and make the kits again! please traxxas this would be awesome!
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. arceeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Central New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    13,880
    Problem is that the kits and ARR models didn't sell very well. I owned a hobby shop at the time, and the Ready to Run kits were really taking off. Other major manufacturers scoffed at the RTR concept, but Traxxas was a pioneer in making "hobby class" RC easy for anyone to enjoy. While I miss the kits, it doesn't stop me from customizing radio gear with aftermarket parts, or tearing down and rebuilding the truck "just because".
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

  16. #16
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Posts
    13,076
    Now that Traxxas is huge, the kits will go over great.
    I would be thrilled to put together a traxxas kit. You know it would be a very rewarding experience.

    I remember buying rc's in the mid 80's and half the fun of the entire experience was tracking down, and putting together all the pieces to make the package my way.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •