RC Racer

will this have the 2speed and locking diffs the 1/10 scale summit have?

I can't tell if it does. If it does, that would be awesome, if not I think it is still a great looking truck on a proven chassis.

RC Racer
    I highly doubt it. it will probably have thicker diff oil though to prevent unloading

RC Champion
    Says "Full time 4WD" .... so no locking diffs, only one speed.
    We knew it was going to happen eventually!!!
    Bob
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Racer
    i called traxxas this morning to find out when it will be out to buy, and also asked a few questions it will just basically be a mini revo with bigger tires and body. so a little emaxx like i have been wanting for a while so no lights or locking diffs just full time 4x4

RC Qualifier
    1) If you notice in the bumper there are holes with a catch portion. So I believe adding lights or a lighted bumper option is only a few months away.

2) When this truck first was announced I was very upset that It had no lockers nor 2speed. But I later realized it is the perfect size for my son to handle (4ys old) - He can barely carry his e-revo. This will be much handier. So I think Ill be buying two by Christmas.

3) if you notice the MERV has space in the transmission for a center diff (which traxxas sells) like the large erevo. In the large erevo the center diff occupies the same location as the 2nd gear in the summit (same transmission), so maybe the MERV/ mini summit transmission could possibly place a 2nd gear where the MERV center diff goes.

*'s in your posts MUST be edited out.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-24-2010 at 08:39 PM.
    Tekin 4ws Summit
    G2R, ERBE, BB
    Use common sense

if you notice the MERV has space in the transmission for a center diff (which traxxas sells) like the large erevo. In the large erevo the center diff occupies the same location as the 2nd gear in the summit (same transmission), so maybe the MERV/ mini summit transmission could possibly place a 2nd gear where the MERV center diff goes.
    The mini Revo tranny is different than the big Revo tranny. The center diff in the Mini Revo replaces a gear that is already in the tranny. There is no extra space and no two speed in the existing tranny.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    I am upset this mini summit has no two speed and t-lock. I do understand, though, that it is not possible due to room. It seems to me Traxxas got a little lazy with not putting anything but body, tires, and suspension (plus bumpers and a few other minor things) on the new summit and rally.

but Hey, how can you complain with how much traxxas has been doing lately?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This one will come with bearings on the transmission, Does the erevo has it too?

brushlessbandit I dont know how you can type the words "lazy" and "Traxxas" in the same sentence. I cant think of any other RC company who has even come close to Traxxas in all the new models released. Everyone else is busy trying to copy Traxxas's new releases rather than building their own.

RC Fan the mini Revo and Slash both have beings throughout the truck.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    i get were brushlessbandit is coming from. i got excited when i saw it. its not a summit in my eyes. its a merv with diff wheels and body. what makes a summit a summit is the 2spd and lockers.
    BB Merv 4s EMaxx MMM 6s
    Revo 3.3
    Associated RC8

RC Champion
    The lack of 2 speed and t-lock doesn't really bother me, I always expected them to be missing if they made a 1/16 version due to the lack of room. It's the VXL I don't want. I want it with a brushed motor so no cogging, and put some 500k oil in the diffs. Then it should offroad really well. It would be nice if Traxxas would make a brushed version with a 550 motor. It also bothers me that they didn't add lights to it. Hopefully they come out with some to add to it.
    Last edited by RobWilJas; 10-23-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I love it !!! cool thanks traxxas..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWilJas
    The lack of 2 speed and t-lock doesn't really bother me, I always expected them to be missing if they made a 1/16 version due to the lack of room. It's the VXL I don't want. I want it with a brushed motor so no cogging, and put some 500k oil in the diffs. Then it should offroad really well. It would be nice if Traxxas would make a brushed version with a 550 motor. It also bothers me that they didn't add lights to it. Hopefully they come out with some to add to it.

( If I am not incorrect), the VXL ESC is sensored. So instead of going back to the stone ages and inserting a less efficient, non lipo ready brushed system it would be better to simply buy a sensored brushless 550 motor (novak) and a sensor wire and enjoy the best of both worlds. Brushless and smooth crawling.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by noir522
    ( If I am not incorrect), the VXL ESC is sensored. So instead of going back to the stone ages and inserting a less efficient, non lipo ready brushed system it would be better to simply buy a sensored brushless 550 motor (novak) and a sensor wire and enjoy the best of both worlds. Brushless and smooth crawling.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWilJas
    It also bothers me that they didn't add lights to it. Hopefully they come out with some to add to it.
    There's part numbers for lights and a BEC for the lights and such listed in the parts list for it, I assume they'll be out soon.
    1/10 ERBE|1/16 MERV|1/16 KB Fiesta|1/16 Rally