Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: Brushed Version

  1. #1
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,254

    Brushed Version

    anyone know if a brushed version will be released.

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    2,325
    most likely
    rustler vxl 2.4

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Codova, TN
    Posts
    861
    I wish they would come out with it in the beginning, cause I have all the electronics!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orangeville ont canada
    Posts
    33
    why would they take a step backwards and do that?

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Codova, TN
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by xxfile
    why would they take a step backwards and do that?
    I can spend less money because I have a mamba sidewinder, 2 mmp, about 6 380 motors(brand new nue 1112, arc, 2 sweet red motors, a brand new stocker and esc, and the brushless trinity motor....and not to mention a big block kit.

    It may be a good thing that it comes stock, so I want change it for a while!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by xxfile
    why would they take a step backwards and do that?

    they sell the revo and slash brushed. also the brushless is very fast

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    pageland, sc(south of monroe)
    Posts
    3,778
    Not everyone HAS to have brushless. Some are fine with the performance of brushed and enjoy the slightly smaller pricetag!
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,472
    In my oppinion the only reason you want a brushed version is to get it cheaper and swap out the electronics. So the truth is that you want a true kit version which Traxxas doesn't really do.

    Edited cause I was proven wrong on the brushed versions of the other minis.
    Last edited by slowenuff; 10-15-2010 at 07:20 PM.

  9. #9
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orangeville ont canada
    Posts
    33
    Maybe so but it seems everyone here wants to shoehorn a mega KV oversize everything and run 2- three cell lipos and go 78 MPH with everything.....
    Well ok not everyone...
    we race 4 slash 4x4's platinum editions with 2 cells and there is the perfect balance of horsepower... with it stock./.
    Now to be fair there a lot of bashers on here and just cuz im not a basher i should respect their need for speed!!!

    there doesnt seem to be too many that would rather go slower but the $$$ factor is valid.
    if you want a kit instead of rtr you are in the wrong site though

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Codova, TN
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by slowenuff
    They won't come out with a brushed version. None of the other 2 minis have brushed versions. And be honest the only reason you want a brushed version is to get it cheaper and swap out the electronics

    Sure they do

    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXYAS2**&P=ML

    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXXWF3**&P=ML

    Its not a big deal because I normally sell the stock electronics or give them away to a kid that want it or cant afford it, like the radio...my neighbor needs it so I will be giving that to him. It was just a thought because anyone that has been in this hobby for a while knows Traxxas is a rtr company
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Busselton, Western Australia... but where in Busselton... that's what we do not know...
    Posts
    597
    I think brushed set-ups will probably disappear, less efficient, generally slower and they don't last as long.

    Personally, I think brushless is the way forward. And I don't really think Traxxas will step back
    Can you break a Rusty?
    Umm...No...No, you can't.

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Codova, TN
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by xxfile
    Now to be fair there a lot of bashers on here and just cuz im not a basher i should respect their need for speed!!!
    NEED FOR SPEED!!! I did race at point, but now I don't have much time now because I fly more often but I have the need for speed!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

  13. #13
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Abbotsford BC, CANADA
    Posts
    2,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustin'RedRusty
    I think brushed set-ups will probably disappear, less efficient, generally slower and they don't last as long.

    Personally, I think brushless is the way forward. And I don't really think Traxxas will step back
    totaly agree, why take a brushed over BL? it just dosent make sense! well from the price standpoint yes but, the maintenance is more, the speed is less, just go BL

    you may aswell just ask for a roller even thought traxxas wont do that.
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

  14. #14
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,472
    Thanks.......edited my post.

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    838
    a cheaper brushed setup, so i can drop my spare velineon motor and mamba max pro straight in.
    ... oh, and sorry about your wallet

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Codova, TN
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz
    a cheaper brushed setup, so i can drop my spare velineon motor and mamba max pro straight in.
    You can say that again!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz
    a cheaper brushed setup, so i can drop my spare velineon motor and mamba max pro straight in.

    10charlimit
    ... oh, and sorry about your wallet

  18. #18
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DENMARK
    Posts
    1,394
    The Rally VXL will be around $414 .. and the brushed Slash XL-2,5 is $247 in Britain

    Compare that to Tower prises
    :Slash VXL .. $249
    Slash XL-2,5...$175

    :Rally VXL ...$289.98
    And it's in stock

    So YES we do need a Rally XL-2,5

    Morten
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

  19. #19
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    I would not mind a brushed version and a big block mount for one of my brushed 540mod motors
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  20. #20
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Codova, TN
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    I would not mind a brushed version and a big block mount for one of my brushed 540mod motors
    Thats what I been thinking?
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

  21. #21
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by cch1978
    Thats what I been thinking?
    I would think it would be just as fast as the brushless version and using the stock esc should work just fine
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Codova, TN
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by cch1978
    Thats what I been thinking?
    Oh my bad I read it wrong I was thinking of a big block kit and a brushless 540 motor....I know I know its overkill!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

  23. #23
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    123
    actually I am very interested in a brushed version for my daughters (4 and 5) speed should be good for them and price of a brushed setup would really meet my needs.. I own 6 traxxas rc's.. but my daughters have losi micros and want to upgrade and I would love to be able to bring them over to the traxxas camp with some 1/16 BRUSHED rally's

    and considering I would might be spending $250-300 for a pair of losi 1/18 ( ) brushed rc's this christmas, I would be willing to pay $320-400 for a pair of brushed rallys

    SO if someone from traxxas is reading this please make a brushed rally available by end of november to keep the youth from going to the dark side

  24. #24
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,254
    lets hope. because in the UK we are getting done up the back passage otherwise.

  25. #25
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by turok
    anyone know if a brushed version will be released.
    Why......that's not your normal RTR setup these days. Most newbies don't want to have to deal with maintenance on a motor. They just wanna play. Not a good marketing idea especially in this economy. Just my .02.
    FangsCPO
    "How fast was I going Officer?" Wow?

  26. #26
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    2,325
    i agree with both opinions of this, i can see why people would want brushed, souly because of the cheaper price, and better for young kids. and on the other hand people who want the brushless do to it's massive power and virtually motor break down is unlikely. so to make both sides happy they deffinetly should do up a brushed version.
    rustler vxl 2.4

  27. #27
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by FangsCPO
    Why......that's not your normal RTR setup these days. Most newbies don't want to have to deal with maintenance on a motor. They just wanna play. Not a good marketing idea especially in this economy. Just my .02.
    I think it's better marketing to offer a brushed version. Most folks buying aren't newbies. If this was being sold at Walmart you'd have a point. Problem with rtr is alot of folks gut the cheap electronics (steering servo first lol) and put in higher grade stuff. I think a roller would be the best selling point for folks who want to improve the stock rtr. Perhaps a bind-n-drive like Losi does for all the people that have the Traxxas 2.4 radio. That would lower the price around $30. If you consider the economy then a lower priced version would sell very well. No reason a brushed version couldn't sell for under $200 and a roller version for under $150. The one thing most of us do not need is another radio. Come on Traxxas how about throwing those of us that support you the most a bone and offer up some roller versions of a few of your kits. Please.

  28. #28
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Stockton, Ca.
    Posts
    928
    Here's the brushed version the one with the all green body in the previous pic.
    Body off picture
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...d=166940908423

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by radicalray; 10-20-2010 at 11:33 PM.

  29. #29
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,254
    they might as well just sell a brushed version. as most people who want brushless just wants to up grade the motor to the size of a trash can anyway.

  30. #30
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by turok
    they might as well just sell a brushed version. as most people who want brushless just wants to up grade the motor to the size of a trash can anyway.
    you can say that again
    ... oh, and sorry about your wallet

  31. #31
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DENMARK
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by turok
    they might as well just sell a brushed version. as most people who want brushless just wants to up grade the motor to the size of a trash can anyway.
    You mean, Like THIS



    Morten
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

  32. #32
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,254
    like it but that is not the same as the brushless version.

  33. #33
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    pageland, sc(south of monroe)
    Posts
    3,778
    Quote Originally Posted by FangsCPO
    Why......that's not your normal RTR setup these days. Most newbies don't want to have to deal with maintenance on a motor. They just wanna play. Not a good marketing idea especially in this economy. Just my .02.
    I disagree slightly. Yes, you dont' wanna get into a lot of maintenance and upkeep on your first rc, but the traxxas brushed motors require verrrry little maintenance. My first rc was an e-maxx, nearly 8 years ago. Still have part of it living inside a homegrown e-revo/3.3.

    Spray it out with motor spray once in a while and put a drop of oil at each end. Not much to it, only took a second, and those motors lasted me 4 years trouble-free, running hard on good 14-cells in dusty hot SC conditions. Then I sold them once I went BL. Still ran great. Brushed versions probably still run at least 30 mph on good batteries, that sounds great to a newbie, and the 100 or so less dollars is great too for a young person.

    I remember when everything I'd ever driven rc wise was from radioshack or Wal-Mart, and 30 mph sounded very fast! And once I got it, it was, for quite a while.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

  34. #34
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    It will be interesting of how fast the 540 brushed can will be on this little Rally!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  35. #35
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by turok
    they might as well just sell a brushed version. as most people who want brushless just wants to up grade the motor to the size of a trash can anyway.
    http://www.bigsquidrc.com/wp-content...amba-xl-02.jpg
    you were saying? hahaha...
    I'm pretty sure the top motors are 1/10 versions...

    I want the brushed version, because:
    * for what I will be driving it on, I don't need 5 billion scale horsepower.
    * I have very little money, and cheaper is better
    * My first truck was a Slash. The titan pushed that big truck plenty fast for me! It lasted about a year in rough off-road conditions being owned by a person who did not know what motor maintenance truly was (i oiled it, but that was about it, i didnt even break it in.)
    * I believe a brushed motor in this will last exponentially longer than in my slash, because it will not be seeing much off-road, or dirty conditions.
    * replacing 6 titans is still cheaper than the brushless system I bought for my Slash.
    * I want a traxxas 2.4GHz to replace my asterisk-king generic POC 2.4 on my Slash. Id just run my old AM on the rally, since it won't be going too far away from me, and it wouldn't have a BL system to mess with the AM frequency haha

    EDIT: lol I thought this was my thread, and I was wondering why all of the posts were different... oops haha

    and all of this talk about "super speed" and needing brushless...
    nonsense.
    I don't race, I only bash my one truck, my Slash.
    I bought a Novak ballistic, but I got the 10.5T, NOT the 8.5T, BECAUSE I don't want to go fast.
    I only got MAYBE 5MPH more out of the motor, I only got it because it has alot less matinance, and runs VERY cool!
    I enjoy technical driving in tight spaces, like in between trees in the woods, and in my backyard between chairs and such.
    Too much speed is a downside in my opinion.
    and also, brushed to me, seems more disposable. I don't have very much cash, so breaking my BL motor would be the end of the line (I know its unlikely) so I constantly worry about it, and obsess over temps and sand and stuff when I know I shouldnt.
    I would be worrying SO much less if I had a $25 titan in it, and even LESS if I had some $18 3rd party motor!
    I want my rally (when I get one) to be worry free! I would sell my BL and go back to brushes, but I would be losing alot of money, and it really is not that bad. I have been worrying less lately, because I am realizing that going to 130*F is NOTHING haha

    there is always an exception to the "rule"
    Last edited by CoolestDinosoar; 10-27-2010 at 08:14 PM.
    I am lucky I don't have any money.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •