Okay guys..... I've been into RC cars since I was 12 and I'm now 35. Problem is..... I've been into Nitro for so long I'm clueless about electric. I understand some basics don't get me wrong, but the whole LiPo thing has changed in awhile. Are they still as dangerous as they used to be or have they gotten better? I've been out of cars now for about 2-3 years. All my buggies and truggies are collecting dust.

This new Rally though has me ready to come out of "retirement". What is the main advantage of going LiPo over NiMH's? I know run time and punch but how much longer run time? Traxxas says it'll do 50mph with the double NiMH's. Will the LiPo's make it any faster or just accelerate faster and a longer run time?

I am aware of the dangers of LiPo's. I have a Losi RTR little 1/18th I bought with a Tekin Brushless in it and it was fun to play with. A little wheelie monster. Haven't used it in years and only played with it for about 2 months.

What is the charge time of a LiPo pack? Or should I just stick with the NiMH's? I will have to buy a new charger as well. I'd just rather have a new one than my old one I used for my receiver packs.

Thanks for any and all advice. Can't wait for this thing to come out. I go to a bunch of drag racing events and this will be fun to play with in the pits during down time.