Thread: U-joint pin

RC Competitor

U-joint pin

So I was out turning a few laps working on tuning adjustments. Carried the rig inside and soon discovered a greasy pin on the floor. It's off the rear halfshaft u-joint by the knuckle. Looking at the parts list I see a listing for just the clips, but I'm wondering how 'easy' of an install that tiny little clip is gonna be?
    TMaxx 4910
    Slayer 5908

Best to remove the pin holding the u-joint from the diff then pull the shaft off. It is pretty easy then.

RC Qualifier
    Get a bunch of those clips, they seem to have an affinity for traveling away from the car. I believe at one point I was in a bind and found a screw that fit w/ a nut. It hasn't moved.

It will just pop back on with a needle nose pliers but it's kind of a pain because they're so small.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

The best solution is to junk the stock shafts and get CVD's. I've had those stupid e clips fly off so many times I can't even tell you how many times it happened.

The only thing is with this new slayer pro 4x4 being wider, I don't know if the FLM CVD's will still fit. I know they fit the older ones.

RC poster
    TMaxx,
    I have even used a larger eclip and bent it around so it will not fall off, not the best looking, be effective, they are the only ones not to fall off again...
    TCarguy,
    The FLM CVD's wil fit, the new Slayer has the same shafts as the olds version.
    Let me know if you have any more questions,
    Justin
    Slayer Pro 4x4 3.3 (conversion)
    Jato 3.3 Ultiamte Off Road
    4-Tec 2.5r

RC Champion
    if you cant or dont want to change to cvds, get a tube of rtv silicone sealer, a small dab on each e-clip, and no worries, although for some strange reason, i only have that problem with new or rebuilt axles,as they get some wear and looseness, the clips dont come off anymore..........weird
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC poster
    u-joints use pivot pins and blocks instead of sealed needle bearings, they must be checked and lubricated every time the vehicle is driven. A rubber boot is also available to retain lubrication. The smaller sizes are ideal for fabricating shift linkage.
    Last edited by Double G; 08-02-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by albsmith View Post
    u-joints use pivot pins and blocks instead of sealed needle bearings, they must be checked and lubricated every time the vehicle is driven. A rubber boot is also available to retain lubrication. The smaller sizes are ideal for fabricating shift linkage.

Really???? The ones for this vehicle do not require lubrication. Not to mention this thread is 2 years old now and posting advertising links for something totally off topic is against the site rules here. I see imminent doom in somone's future here.
    Last edited by Double G; 08-02-2012 at 12:53 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by r47292 View Post
    TMaxx,
    I have even used a larger eclip and bent it around so it will not fall off, not the best looking, be effective, they are the only ones not to fall off again...
    TCarguy,
    The FLM CVD's wil fit, the new Slayer has the same shafts as the olds version.
    Let me know if you have any more questions,
    Justin
    Slayer Pro 4x4 3.3 (conversion)
    Jato 3.3 Ultiamte Off Road
    4-Tec 2.5r
    I am sorry Justin, it seems I can't find the FLM CVD for the Slayer Pro or the original Slayer. Will the one fit on the Slash 4x4 fits ?
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Kit-Slash-4x4

They are pricey but if it's worth for a long time.. I will going to get it.

My Slayer Pro will be arrive at my door tomorrow... :-)

Please help.

RC Qualifier
    Check out mip they have cvds for the slayer pro also. Still pricey but well worth it, will be next upgrade on mine, just gonna twist all my spare shafts first. Lol

RC poster
    Dear BomberSTi,
    The link above is from MIP. Am just not sure the one I put up is fit for Slayer Pro. They have it for Slash, Revo, Summit...etc. Just not slayer pro.

And I am not sure either the Revo or Slash CVD will fit on the slayer pro or not.

Please help... help..........

Thanks
    J

Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post
    Check out mip they have cvds for the slayer pro also. Still pricey but well worth it, will be next upgrade on mine, just gonna twist all my spare shafts first. Lol

RC Qualifier
    Dutch....check out MIP's site they have them listed there and have them labled for the slayer pro. part number is for 9170, your looking at like 65 bucks for the pair...sorry took so long.

RC poster
    I broke my rear axle on my Tmaxx 4910 on the right rear. Is there any help on replacing this? Kinda new at this

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the forums. Check out the eploded views on the the products page under support. And might wanna ask in the tmaxx section. Prob get moved there when it gets seen....

Also sometimes just as easy to get a spare shaft. Never hurts to have extras...