Thread: Servo

RC Qualifier

Servo

I looked at the specs this will have the same little servo as the last two Mini's. Shame since that was the one thing that really was the weakest link on the MERV. Not too many upgrades where available.

Traxxas, mini metal servo??? Please!!!!
    ENJOY the hobby, don't HATE it.

RC Champion
    it would be nice if traxxas made everything it metal gear, or better yet provided an optional metal gear set as an upgrade

RC Qualifier
    I have always had to replace the servo on my Traxxas products, I let the stocker ride, but they always fail. I think the MERV I had, it's servo lasted all of 20 minutes.

Or Traxxas... Standard Size Servo... Please!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Or, servo horns that fit other brands like the Jato or Revo has... So, we can use aftermarket servos with servo horns from Traxxas...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    ^^^^

That works too!

RC Racer
    I agree even with the servo saver tighter it still has very weak steering in hard cornering on road... i'll be experimenting with a dual servo setup on the merv and either run a single high torque Hitec or dual stock servos after some testing with the duals. I just don't want to sacrafice the waterproof electronics I love my traxxas for, and Hitec waterproof servos aren't available yet (as far as i've seen).
    Mini Summit / Rally

RC Qualifier
    i think the steering system should be made of metal instead of plastic. i've inexplicetly snapped 3 of them so far pretty much doing nothing. after a small jump off a curb in my merv i find the wheels are locked one way, and find the steering post thingy has broken and is floating free.
    ... oh, and sorry about your wallet

RC Qualifier
    Yea the stock servos in the mini Traxxas kits aren't very good. Try this.
    https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=KOP30055
    Not sure why Traxxas went in this direction. I'd love to see a 1/16 E-Maxx or Summit. AE and others have had these on the market for awhile and you don't see them raced like you do SC around the country. A stock 1/10 SC truck is less money and can be raced on-road or off-road. When I saw this kit on the home page all I could think was why? Traxxas is better than this.

RC Qualifier
    That Servo looks to fix the problem. However Traxxas needs to make horns for aftermarket servos so that they fit a bit better.

I am thinking that I may end up with one of these little guys considering all I used my MERV for was street considering whenever I took it off the street I broke something. I think I might have to do the same to this as I did to the Merv, dremmel out the steering servo area and stick in a standard size servo. That and the ESC in the battery tray mod. And run a single 2s pack.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by microimage
    That Servo looks to fix the problem. However Traxxas needs to make horns for aftermarket servos so that they fit a bit better.

I am thinking that I may end up with one of these little guys considering all I used my MERV for was street considering whenever I took it off the street I broke something. I think I might have to do the same to this as I did to the Merv, dremmel out the steering servo area and stick in a standard size servo. That and the ESC in the battery tray mod. And run a single 2s pack.
    haha you're right. Most people run their Revo's on pavement. I didn't, ball fields is where I love running mine.

RC Racer
    I havent had a single problem with servos in my Summit or MERV. And believe me, they recieve some pretty hard hits. Falling 7 feet out of the air? Nothing broken. Hitting a tree full speed: busted a arm, steering system and servo intact.
    'Brushless...RCs Magnacharger'