Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    I agree with spyderman. I am not a 4-tec guy, but I almost bought one. I really want to buy a brand new TC, but I was having an impossible time finding one from traxxas (I only have a 2x4 Slash, so spreading myself over the RC market this early would be a pain), because you absolutely CANNOT get NEW 4-tecs anymore, so... I was browsing an RC blog, and my heart skipped a beat when I saw the new rally... I got pretty excited...
    I was pretty dissapointed to see that it was another revo design thing, and that it wasnt 1/10 scale...
    I would totally buy one of these with no questions asked if it were more like a true TC.
    Last edited by CoolestDinosoar; 10-01-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    I am lucky I don't have any money.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey
    OK guys I admit, I am older and maybe out of touch with some newer things. However what is Gymkhana style rally?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshFWSsrn8
    ENJOY the hobby, don't HATE it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey
    OK guys I admit, I am older and maybe out of touch with some newer things. However what is Gymkhana style rally?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7R_buZPSo
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think it will look better with a spoiler and roof scoop. awesome !!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler09
    i think by spring time they will release a 1/10 version of this, if sales go good.
    Doubt it. The only reason they even released this is because it was EASY. They just took the mini slash and slapped on new body/tires. This is a re-hash.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdriver
    Doubt it. The only reason they even released this is because it was EASY. They just took the mini slash and slapped on new body/tires. This is a re-hash.
    It could also be a way of testing the waters to see if a bigger car would be worth releasing too. Considering how many people on here are whining that "it's going to be too small", that alone could make a business case to look at a producing a larger car to go with it.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSlash4x4
    IMO they are definitely working on those.
    thats what im thinking there putting a small scale out to see if its worth making a 1/10th scale.
    BB Merv 4s EMaxx MMM 6s
    Revo 3.3
    Associated RC8

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdriver
    The only reason they even released this is because it was EASY. They just took the mini slash and slapped on new body/tires. This is a re-hash.
    Well said, brother.

I'd bet that the amount of money spent on R&D for this car was practically nothing. The amount of money invested to design and produce new, unique parts appears to be virtually nonexistent.

So what does this mean?

Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em, and this car is little more than a marketing ploy to rake in big profit at minimal cost.

Sorry, I won't bite.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by microimage
    WOW. If I see a video of the rally doing that, I'm officially sold.

I think this is what Traxxas should have done with it's 1/16th scale platform in the first place. The Mini Revo takes a lot of modification to make it a decent offroader.

I personally thought the platform belonged on road, and this is answering my thoughts. Great work, Traxxas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313
    I'd bet that the amount of money spent on R&D for this car was practically nothing. The amount of money invested to design and produce new, unique parts appears to be virtually nonexistent.
    You say that like it is a bad thing? Getting the most out of the $$$ already spent on R&D is how a company offers great vehicles like Traxxas does for a very reasonable price. If they did a ton of R&D on every vehicle they release you would be complaining about the cost. That being said I think Traxxas has found a very good balance between R&D and keeping costs in line. They have been the clear leader in new and innovative products in the RC field.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Talk about a thread full of self indulgent whiners who think they know everything and that the world in turn revolves around them.

Companies everyday release things I have no interest in. I just saw a commercial for a new style tampax which I sure don't need or want but am not whining about it. I think some of the people posting on here may want/need them though.

Maybe some of you moaning should start your own business were you are free to run it any way you like which includes spending countless dollars redesigning everything constantly.

Looks like a fun little car and way to use what you have traxxas!
    Some things are just meant to make us wonder.

RC Qualifier
    I love Traxxas and the Revo line and the things that have come from them. I also love, worth repeating, love, single battery vehicles. Thats why I no longer have a Merv or a Erbe. I do have 2 Slash 4x4s, and a Slash. Two packs is just a pain in the bum. Kick them out. Single pack FTW. Seriously Traxxas a single pack 1/10 scale VXL like this and trust me I would buy one. I own a drifter already, and yes I would buy yours as well. 4tec replacement... Pretty please!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSP
    Talk about a thread full of self indulgent whiners who think they know everything and that the world in turn revolves around them.

Companies everyday release things I have no interest in. I just saw a commercial for a new style tampax which I sure don't need or want but am not whining about it. I think some of the people posting on here may want/need them though.

Maybe some of you moaning should start your own business were you are free to run it any way you like which includes spending countless dollars redesigning everything constantly.

Looks like a fun little car and way to use what you have traxxas!
    Hate to say it Texas but this Forum wouldn't exist if Traxxas wasn't gaining from it.

I am pretty sure they watch the things we do with their vehicles. The little home made mods. The conversations on them, what we think, how we like them...

They know what they are doing.

As yes this does pertain to me, and what I want from this product manufacture. If I bled once a month those adds would mean something to me as well. If I didn't like something about them I would probably make that aware to the manufacture as well. Especially if they cost a bit of money.

Edit: OffTopic Alert. Pads, and tampons are expensive I am married I know. If I were a woman and needed something or had an idea I would make it known. Especially if I leaned toward a certain brand, like how I lean to Traxxas for my RC's.
    Last edited by microimage; 10-01-2010 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by microimage
    I love Traxxas and the Revo line and the things that have come from them. I also love, worth repeating, love, single battery vehicles. Thats why I no longer have a Merv or a Erbe. I do have 2 Slash 4x4s, and a Slash. Two packs is just a pain in the bum. Kick them out. Single pack FTW. Seriously Traxxas a single pack 1/10 scale VXL like this and trust me I would buy one. I own a drifter already, and yes I would buy yours as well. 4tec replacement... Pretty please!
    Assuming the Rally is going to perform speed and power wise like the MERV and Mini Slash it will run plenty fast on a single lipo. I imagine a Rally VXL on 3s will be quite a handful.

On a different note let's keep on the subject of the Rally VXL and forget about the off topic material. Let's also keep it civil so we dont have to lock or delete the thread.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 10-02-2010 at 12:16 AM.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    IMO the little guy looks pretty cool, even though its not as easy to find good safe locations for drifting cars like this, at least not compared to off road go anywhere 4x4's like the E-revo and Slash, and that might hold it back, but it should sell.
    I think traxxas has entered a very good market for this platform, they may not outsell the 1/10th Slash 4x4 or win RC vehicle of the year but, and once again this is IMO, the rally will most likely never require half the upgrades its off road counter parts do. The platform is just not strong enough for a dependable off road vehicle, but a street racer, now that's just up its alley
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Enthusiast
    Considering how tough the mini Revo is, The great ESC and motor, and now a great looking body /bumper setup. i will buy one of these. Just cuz I can throw some 3s in that sucker and kill my buddies TC4

RC Champion
    quadiak closed wheel rcs are alot tougher than most open wheeled models. Theres hardly anything exposed and the body will eat up almost all of the shock. My 4tec has survived far more than my e-revo or rustler ever could.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj
    Assuming the Rally is going to perform speed and power wise like the MERV and Mini Slash it will run plenty fast on a single lipo. I imagine a Rally VXL on 3s will be quite a handful.

On a different note let's keep on the subject of the Rally VXL and forget about the off topic material. Let's also keep it civil so we dont have to lock or delete the thread.

Great idea dad. Its not for all but those interested. Traxxas next we hope for a bigger rally style car usable on and off road...

RC Champion
    You say that like it is a bad thing?
    Not saying it's a good thing, or a bad thing. This car doesn't interest me, therefore I'm indifferent. I simply pointed out the truth of the matter and agreed with rcdriver that it's basically a Slash.

Companies are in business to make money, so I have nothing against Traxxas or the Rally, since it's up to the consumer to decide how they want to spend their money. It looks like it would be a fun little car, and I'm sure they'll sell plenty, but it's not really anything new, that's all.

If they did a ton of R&D on every vehicle they release you would be complaining about the cost.
    Please. I haven't before, and I'm not starting now. Besides, I would happily pay much more than the $300 this mini is going for to buy an all-new 1/10th scale model, and by looking at the threads on this car, I'm not alone.

I don't really see anybody whining about it. The car isn't even released yet, and this is a forum where opinions vary, so naturally people are going to be discussing how they feel about it. Sure, there are some of us who aren't interested in it, but I don't see anyone hating on it. It's simple: Don't want it? Don't buy it. But the people who aren't interested have just as much right to state their reasons why as those who do want it.
    Last edited by Jay 313; 10-02-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Sure, there are some of us who aren't interested in it, but I don't see anyone hating on it. It's simple: Don't want it? Don't buy it. But the people who aren't interested have just as much right to state their reasons why as those who do want it.
    You have made it clear you are not interested in buying the car. It is when you repeat yourself over and over like the three posts you have here saying you wont buy it that it starts heading toward "bashing" on the product and trash talking.

Keep in mind this section of the forum is about and for the Rally VXL, not what you want from Traxxas. There is an entire section on the forum for that.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    .....it starts heading toward "bashing" on the product and trash talking.
    Really?

I have nothing against Traxxas or the Rally
    It looks like it would be a fun little car
    I'm sure they'll sell plenty
    M'kay....

My first impression is that I'm not interested, either.
    then when sales level off, release the 1/10th that we all want
    Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em, and this car is little more than a marketing ploy to rake in big profit at minimal cost.
    Sorry, I won't bite.
    This car doesn't interest me, therefore I'm indifferent.
    Gee, I wonder where those came from?

I suppose we can all take quotes out of - or even in - context to try to prove what we want, even when it flies in the face of the whole message.

As was suggested before, this new vehicle may not be everyone's cup of tea. But to pan it, complain and whine about it before anybody has even seen one? Incredible.
    This is a forum for the Rally. Should you have a wishlist that includes specifications other than what are or could realistically be found on this vehicle, take it to the appropriate forum.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl
    ... Should you have a wishlist that includes specifications other than what are or could realistically be found on this vehicle, take it to the appropriate forum.
    Thank you!

This thread as now been cleaned and locked since everyone wants to venture off topic.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12