Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

Not what I wanted

I think that this is a great start for Traxxas' rally road racing, but I think I speak for most of the community when I say that we wanted off-road capabilities and a larger racer as well. I am hoping Traxxas comes out with a 1/10 or 1/8 scale nitro and electric rally on/off road racer with inter changeable tires. Anybody in for this idea? I think they should of made this version last and made the larger scale first. Just my opinion.
    Nick C.

RC Champion
    IMO they are definitely working on those.
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Racer
    It is basically a short wheelbase 1/10 scale, It uses 1/10 scale wheels and tires and has the width or a normal 1/10 TC but it is just stubby...
    Cars can fly too!

RC Champion
    My first impression is that I'm not interested, either.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Competitor
    not interested
    If your not first your last

RC Racer
    in my beleif hey u have to start somewhere...............................u cant just shoot big and hope for amazment it takes time so awsome job traxxas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    i think by spring time they will release a 1/10 version of this, if sales go good.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Champion
    I fully agree that they should have had a larger, 1/10th scale version first.

Perhaps their strategy is to sell as many of these li'l ones as possible knowing that people will gobble them up just to satisfy the craving, then when sales level off, release the 1/10th that we all want so we'll buy those, too.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC poster
    yea it looks cool but its definitely a starter.. it should be nitro first off and alot larger tires, suspension for jumping.. just another road car with a cool body

RC Racer
    i think it's awesome...rally cars are tight rides

RC Champion
    As successful as Traxxas has been in creating their own market for classes, I think it's time Traxxas rejoined the currently established classes and built purpose-built racers.

The GTR shocks found on the full size Revos are some of, if not the best found anywhere in RC. Apply that to a stand-up shock honest TC platform [not a reinvent of the 4-tec, it's horrible for racing], and I believe Traxxas can expand into on-road racing with as much success as they've found off-road.

That said, while I love playing and racing in the dirt, there's something profoundly rewarding in finding a setup and driving a dialed on-road vehicle to a good finish. The vast majority of my RC these days is club level racing, and I love to race all classes.

If some interest is generated for this car for the carpet season, I may pick one up, looks like a really fun 100% spec class.
    -Harry | Racing and Painting
    1stGenPaint

RC Champion
    woo other revo car
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC Champion
    I'd take it, it would make a great companion to my brushless Tamiya M-03 Rover Mini and VXL equipped, all graphite, electric 4-Tec!
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Racer
    its like a mini erevo and a 4-tec commbined dwarf for though
    not enough space 50 characters

RC Champion
    Not really, should be close to the Tamiya M-Cars and HPI's Cup Cars size wise. It'll kinda be the equivalent to a good "Hot Hatch" type car.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheenomx
    I think that this is a great start for Traxxas' rally road racing, but I think I speak for most of the community when I say that we wanted off-road capabilities and a larger racer as well.
    hey, I am a little confused. You want off-road, not rally. Traxxas already has the 1/16 revo, which is off-road. The rally is for street, swap a few parts and you have a slash, that can go off-road. In fact, pretty much all traxxas models are off-road capable. so you want the rally car to be off road too?

and larger. thats why they have the 1/10 erevo. there you go, the two things you wanted together. A larger racer that is off-road capable. why are you disappionted that a rally car can't go off road?

sorry and this isn't anything against you but I don't feel that you are speaking for the community.

RC Enthusiast
    Rally racing is a sport of racing in dirt, rain, snow, and road. I am saying off-road rally as well. I know the e-Revo goes both ways but I want a car that can do that. A lot of people have been requesting such a vehicle.
    Nick C.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A rally vehicle is a versatile machine can run on different conditions not only on pavement. I like the the look of the new traxxas rally but I donīt think it is going to do well off-road, they put a rally body on a drift car.

RC Champion
    As a strictly on-road vehicle, this Rally vehicle has the ride height of a monster truck.

Remember also that Rally's around the world are run on ROADS. Dirt, gravel, snow-covered, tarmac, they're all ROADS. There are no purpose-built jumps in rally, only crests of hills the drivers decide to take flat-out.

As a rally car, this vehicle is spot-on, and I don't see any reason why it won't perform well on a smooth dirt surface with the stock tires or some pin-spike TC tires [they exist, just have to search for them]. I bet they'd be a blast on a dirt oval even.

But no, you're not going to launch a scale rally car off the same jumps a short course truck is raced on.
    -Harry | Racing and Painting
    1stGenPaint

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stGenCRXer
    If some interest is generated for this car for the carpet season, I may pick one up, looks like a really fun 100% spec class.
    +1 I'll only pick one up if the local carpet track starts a class which IMO would be cool to see.
    Plus if you think about it, I think it would bring more racers into the indoor tracks just like the Short Course Truck (SCT) did for the outdoor tracks.
    Not everyone can afford to buy expensive race setups, but SCT's are cheaper than your average winners circle type of race setup and of course I'm referring to buggies and truggies. And because of being more affordable we all saw the increase in participation at our local off-road tracks.
    Maybe the Rally car would do the same that SCT's have been able to do because it will be more affordable for the carpet/indoor track than your normal setup.
    Now, we will have to find out first how it does on carpet/indoor which pretty much...
    my whole post is riding on.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC Qualifier
    Not something I would buy
    Orange Powered
    Novak BL

RC Qualifier
    I dont buy anything smaller than 1/10. This will be no exception. Too bad too, cuz this looks like it has some real potential! (onroad)
    Traxxas start making dirt bikes! :)

RC Enthusiast
    ^^^^^ I know I would love to buy this if it was bigger.
    Nick C.

Jeez so much negativity. If the Rally is not your cup of tea that is fine but why rain on the parade for the rest of the people who are clearly interested in it?
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Hey our opinions count too! No raining on parades here. The rally ROCKS, i just wish it was bigger.

I wonder why they went 1/16 as opposed to 1/10?
    Traxxas start making dirt bikes! :)

RC Enthusiast
    like it was said above, i thinks its a good idea, but i probably wont get this, unless traxxas makes a 1/10th scale version. just personal expericence with a merv, small vehicles are a pain to work on.. everything is so compact, i like my slash, cause its more open.
    slash, xxxt, merv, soon emaxx

RC Qualifier
    I wish they could make some realistic looking bodies, something that would replicate real cars on the street now, I wonder if any of the Datsun 510 bodies from ABC hobby or HPI can fit on this chassis?

RC Competitor
    This gives me hope for an AWD Buggy.... maybe

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nissanguy8
    I wish they could make some realistic looking bodies, something that would replicate real cars on the street now, I wonder if any of the Datsun 510 bodies from ABC hobby or HPI can fit on this chassis?
    Well, I lined up a HPI Cup Racer Porsche 911 body against a 1/16 Slash 4x4 body and the track width as well as the wheel base are nearly dead on for each other, I'll have to drag my M-03 in tomorrow and compare the Rover Mini body to the Slash and Porsche bodys.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj
    Jeez so much negativity. If the Rally is not your cup of tea that is fine but why rain on the parade for the rest of the people who are clearly interested in it?
    Its not negativity no one said it sucked (I think), just us on road enthusiasts were expecting.....something bigger.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj
    Quote Originally Posted by slowenuff
    Its not negativity no one said it sucked (I think), just us on road enthusiasts were expecting.....something bigger.
    Not sure if it's negativity or not, but there is some serious short sightedness here, this looks like it could be a neat little car!
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    Don't confuse negativity with a small case of disappointment.

RC Racer
    i think the rally looks cool. also from the pics in other post it looks more 1/12 than a 1/16.

RC Qualifier
    i am definately excited for this i will be buying it!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    This is a cool vehicle for the right buyer. I think its silly to complain about THIS car because its not the car you were hoping for. THIS car is cool for its purpose. I think it would be cool to try and lift it just a bit and put on some more off road like tires so it could run on a dirt road (not necessarily OFF road, but dirt road)
    Either way, if I lived where the roads were paved... id buy one. It looks like the perfect vehicle for all teh guys who run their MERV's on road only...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah, I agree with pavmentsurfer. The basement in my home measures 28' x 56' and is 80% open and smooth concrete. Think of the possibilities for some rally fun with this new RC vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by calstudent
    yea it looks cool but its definitely a starter.. it should be nitro first off and alot larger tires, suspension for jumping.. just another road car with a cool body
    No. First. Nitro is bad . Second. Wheels that are larger then what needs to be on there is bad(also very silly looking) Third. It base on Gymkhana style rally. So it mostly about super awesome drifts. Raising the suspension would be bad