Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 60 of 60
  1. #41
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    39
    The WB is 206mm width is 185mm. So any body with a WB of 205mm-210mm will work. From what I've seen so far, nothing comes close in width. But some Tamiya mini bodies, and some HPI Cup Racer bodies. Hopfully Proline will come out with something.

  2. #42
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    241
    will do some research, thank you
    MERV

  3. #43
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post
    I think it will be capable of off-road racing, well
    not on the super-cross style 10 Ft jump tracks in the US but on our European tracks that are more like short course tracks with rolling jumps

    And the best part of the Rally VXL is that you can use the Tamiya Rally block tyres and all the cool 1,9" drifter wheels




    Morten

    SnoopMax, do you part number for this wheel/ and drift tires?

    do you have part number for the Datsun?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-12-2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: merge

  4. #44
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx View Post
    How's this ??

    nice body, do you have part/url for this?

  5. #45
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DENMARK
    Posts
    1,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny_E View Post
    nice body, do you have part/url for this?

    I borrowed this photo from pvmacguy Traxxas Forumon
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

  6. #46
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    central Minne-snow-ta
    Posts
    444
    OK, I have an extra merv sittin around, and want to do a conversion, I understand I need body mounts, new A-arms, a few tweaks to the shocks, different bumper, wheels/tires, and body. But does any one know the the differential gearing is the same? is the rally runnin a center diff? and what fluid is being run it the diffs? what fluid in the shocks? and I'm guessing that RPM's A-arms for the slash will work right?

  7. #47
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DENMARK
    Posts
    1,393
    RPM does not make Slash/Rally VXL a-arms
    only E-Revo VXL A-Arms
    However
    If enough ppl ask for them , Then they might make the arms for the Slash and Rally
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

  8. #48
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Stockton, Ca.
    Posts
    928
    But does any one know the the differential gearing is the same?
    Its the same

  9. #49
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWilJas View Post
    Here's the list I made to convert it from a Slash.

    7335 Front Bumper
    7336 Foam Bumper
    7315 Body Mounts
    7067 Shock Limiters
    7340 Shock Springs
    7372 Wheels/Tires
    ???? Body
    so can anyone confirm this is all you need, i have the m/slash and mini erevo and the merv is all i use as the i find the slash to unpredictable even on 2s. the conversion will save it from being a dust collector on the shelf.

  10. #50
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7
    I have been doing alot if research on this conversion and that is indeed all you need. Also I think heavier shock and diff oils.

  11. #51
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23
    thanks heaps

  12. #52
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7
    The drivetrains are the same? For some reason I thought they were different because when I've been looking for cvds for my slash they seem to make separate ones for the revo and slash

  13. #53
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Everett, Washington
    Posts
    1,247
    They are the same except for the length of the a-arms and drive shafts. The E-Revo and Summit both have the longer a-arms and driveshafts to make the trucks wide. The Slash and Rally both have shorter a-arms and driveshafts to make them narrower.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

  14. #54
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Millertime660 View Post
    The drivetrains are the same? For some reason I thought they were different because when I've been looking for cvds for my slash they seem to make separate ones for the revo and slash
    not the same the shafst and cvd´s are shorter on slash-rally-KB

  15. #55
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    102
    I guess if the merv then a rally can become a merv? Is this possible?

  16. #56
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    E-Revo conversion to Rally with Tenbol 540 VXL motor

    It's possible and worth it!!

    Last edited by concreteheaven; 06-21-2011 at 12:04 PM.

  17. #57
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    102
    What is the approximate cost to do this?

  18. #58
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nastyville Tennisshoe
    Posts
    341
    I think I said this once befor but I used merv arms with merv shocks and Ken Block or rally push rods and a set 1/10 onroad rally tires that raised it up just a hair higher than the stock rally wheels. this gave the truck the wide stance and only a little more suspention travel than the rally and altho offroad it sucked cause smaller tires and low ride hight it was pretty awesome in dirt like at the baseball field and this one parking lot that has this real fine gravel, I love it, I could go real fast across it and do these cool wide power slides and whips and no flipping!

  19. #59
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nastyville Tennisshoe
    Posts
    341
    [QUOTE=Angrytetsuo;4867010]I think I said this once befor but I used merv arms with merv shocks and Ken Block or rally push rods and a set 1/10 onroad rally tires that raised it up just a hair higher than the stock rally wheels. this gave the truck the wide stance and only a little more suspention travel than the rally and altho offroad it sucked cause smaller tires and low ride hight it was pretty awesome in dirt like at the baseball field and this one parking lot that has this real fine gravel, I love it, I could go real fast across it and do these cool wide power slides and whips and no flipping![/QUO

    And here it is http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/...TER%20CHASSIS/

  20. #60
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxhoundEP3 View Post
    i agree with you but if you look closer the name of the car is "RALLY" and all you see in the video is drifting... theres nothing rally about that.... it must be capable of off roading, otherwise "Rally VXL" is not so Rally
    i disagree... being a die hard rally fan for years I understand there are different types of rally car setups. A Corsica Tarmac Rally car is entire different machine than say a rally mexico setup rig. The rally vxl is a tarmac setup and I'm ok with that.
    'Life is for living, not living uptight'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •