RC poster

Are you running 1/8 buggy wheels on 2wd slash ?

Hi all,

If you're running 1/8th buggy wheels on your 2wd slash for good old bashing, what wheels & tyres are they and what adapters are you using and where do you get them ?

Cheers,
    Lee
    I hate expensive shipping of parts from US to UK!

RC Champion
    I use the AKA adapters. I have a whole load of different tires, I usually use proline knuckles and badlands offroad, and road rage onroad.

RC Qualifier
    Pro-Line Adapters, Badlands XTR on Split-6 wheels. I absolutely could not be happier with them-- Badlands are ridiculous.

My next all-purpose set (the Badlands never go anywhere but dirt) will definitely be some DE Racing Trindads with a less aggressive tire.

RC Qualifier
    I use the integy adapters, and they have worked well for the last month. I got some big blocks from ebay. That supra sales guy has some great and inexpensive 1/8 buggy wheel/tire combos.
    Traxxas Slash
    Losi XXX
    Most of a Traxxas Bandit

RC Qualifier
    I run integy adapters with Supra sales big blocks. Great tires for the price.

http://stores.ebay.com/id=288440164&...STRK:MEFSX:SST
    -Bob-

RC Champion
    I'd love to get me some of those, but shipping to me would be same price as the wheels again..

RC Enthusiast
    AKA adapters with supra sales tires here as well. I have had some issues with the AKA adapters coming loose on the spindles though. I have used lock tite and have the new hardened spindle nuts but they still come loose. I am to the point of going back to the stocker wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, the shipping was a bit high, but so worth it. They are great quality tires, and not only do they look great, they perform great too. You do realize that it is flat rate, so it's 9 bucks all around. And you get 4 tires/wheels for 24 bucks. Try going to the LHS and getting that price for even the cheapest tires/rims.
    Traxxas Slash
    Losi XXX
    Most of a Traxxas Bandit

RC Champion
    It's not a flatrate to germany, it'd be 33$ for 2 sets or 45$ for more, just the shipping.

RC Qualifier
    Pro-line adapters and Suprasales tires here. I bought the pins, caliber clones, and badland clones and like all three.
    Calliber clones for when the track is dry, pins for when the track is damp, and Badlands clones for when I want to de-thatch the lawn
    -- > Republic Racing < --

RC poster
    Thanks for all the advice.

I'm going to want a set of wheel & tyres for grass/dirt and a set for mixed ground (Road/Grass)

I'll have a good look about and see where I'm better off getting them from.

Thanks again for your advice.

Lee

RC Champion
    Why don't you just use some 2.2 tires and wheels so you don't have to use adapters?
    www.thunder-roadhobbies.com
    Moline, IL

RC Racer
    1/8 wheel adapters are great!

1. 1/8 wheels/tires are cheaper then 1/10 wheels/tire.
    2. there are more 1/8 tires one the market.
    3. the 1/8 wheels/tires give more handling and in my view they are superior to 1/10 tires.

there is one disadvantage: you will break more rear stub axles then with 1/10 adapters. but that doesn't matter when you look at the many advantages!

arjan rc
    Traxxas Slash Mamba Max Pro
    HPI MT2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjan rc
    1/8 wheel adapters are great!

t..here is one disadvantage: you will break more rear stub axles then with 1/10 adapters. but that doesn't matter when you look at the many advantages!

arjan rc
    I actually stopped breaking stub axles when I went to 1/8 tires. Might be coincidence or might be the pro-line adapters and lighter wheels.
    -- > Republic Racing < --

RC Qualifier
    I have never broken any stub axles on my slash, before or after the adapters. I will be sure to watch for that though.
    Traxxas Slash
    Losi XXX
    Most of a Traxxas Bandit

RC poster
    Do 2.2's not have clearance issues on the inside and as such sit further out ?

Feel free to show pics and or correct me.

Lee

RC poster
    I run the AKA adapters and badland clones too. Very happy with this set up. "jay"

RC Qualifier
    I run FLM adapters with Badland clones, they work great for bashing in grass, dirt and the street. I am ordering some mowhawk pros just for the track when I go. $75 for 4 complete sets of tires/wheels shipped to my door, a little more for the softer pro models.

Here is my LCG Slash

Last edited by Kanati; 09-20-2010 at 06:01 PM.
    Bash, Bash, Crash, Repair, Repeat....