RC Qualifier

1 of 3 converted to LCG

Well, I took one of my Rustlers as a test and used the STRC LCG kit to see if I liked it, I converted one to a regular Slash last year and I didnt like the way it rolled so I switched it back to a Rustler, this however is staying

My kids and I are just bashers with a trip to a track 3-4 times a year for fun, I already had RPM Slash rear arms on all of my Rustlers so all I needed were body posts, bumpers and the STRC kit. This thing handles better than the Rustler due to the added length and looks awesome like a Slash! I ordered 2 more kits to convert my other 2 Rustlers, we will have 2 Ford F-150's and a Baja (Herbie) for my Daughter. I have 3 new bodies on the way, I messed this one up bad on the other side I will save it for gravel pit bashing.

Hmm, should I be in the Rustler forum like I have been or can I come here now

Bash, Bash, Crash, Repair, Repeat....

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Where'd you get the kits? I was thinking about trying one as well but hasent heard they were availiable yet.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    I am thinking about doing this mod, but I am not really crazy about the servo saver setup on this chassis. I have worked on one a few times, but never really ran it. Any pros or cons on the steering setup.

RC Qualifier
    Purchased direct form the STRC site.

I have been beating the Rustlers hard for 2 years, never once had a steering issue.

RC Qualifier
    Pavementsurfer, I just noticed them at amainhobbies for sale too.

RC Racer
    The STRC Slashler is great.

I did the STRC mod to my 9 y/o son's Slash Friday evening and we ran it at the track yesterday. My son and I both loved it. Way faster in the corners, jumps great, very stable.

I tried my hardest to traction roll in the street, and could not do so.

My son didn't get a lot of laps in on it. We were messing with stupid interface of the new Traxxas 2.4 radio(had to reverse the steering and it's a pain) a bad servo(went to a Hitec 5645), cracked bell crank(STRC aluminum on order), and a broken bearing carrier(replaced with RPM all around). But, the laps he got in were fast and the truck got lots of attention.

Tip, notch the chassis by the servo, it makes things much easier to work on.

Mine came in 3 days from STRC to Tulsa.

He can't wait to race it again next week, and I am going to convert my slash for sure.
    Last edited by jeff hughes; 09-19-2010 at 06:10 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the track report, I am heading to the track when I visit my parents in a couple weeks, it stinks I dont have a track within 2 hours of driving! I think some friends and I are going to change that locally

Once mine shipped it didnt take long, it just took STRC awhile to ship it, but it was just released so I am sure they had a lot of orders to fill with dealers and such.

RC poster
    Kanati that is one nice looking set up. Those wheels and body go great together.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet. Mine should be here this week along with the black dyed rustler chassis components from Tower. Plan to race it this coming Sunday. I won the A-main last weekend and the B-main this past weekend. The biggest reason I was in the B-main this past weekend was because of traction rolling and having to wait on a turn marshall to flip me back over. Hopefully this kit will completely eliminate that.
    Slash MMP 4600kv
    Slash VXL

RC Qualifier
    It will help, I was cranking hard rights and lefts in the street and I couldnt get it to tip. I could still get it to tip in the grass but I have big lugs on the tires.