RC Qualifier

Videos 2wd A-Main's HD Hero Mounted Stock and Mod

Got 2 videos from friday night 9-17-2010 one vid is the 2wd box stock (everything stock except shock oil and spur gear changes) i mounted my HD hero on it and had some fun. the second vid is of my 2wd Mod. Won both races got another vid i have to upload tonight of my Ofna Hyper 10SC...i'll add the link to here when i get it. Hope you enjoy!!

ohhh...in the stock video i nail a little boy in the leg and it sorta tilts the camera up a little. after getting a good lead i stop and let a friend lower it down with 1 lap to go...lol

Know it makes the Associated boys mad when a Slash beats up on them every week!!! GOTTA LOVE TRAXXAS!!!!!!!

Stock- click here

2wd Mod- click here

Youtube Search- Tommy Wooten RC

RC Competitor
    Great racing! Also, what tires were you running during the 2wd mod race?

RC Racer
    nice si ti ereh os erom dda ot dah i dias trohs ot si tsop

RC Champion
    Nice videos you did a really good job with them. Just that track is kind of a bummer, I guess I enjoy the big jumps of the track I race on a bit too much.

Edit: they let nitros run with the mod lass? Aren't enough of them that show up to have their own lass I guess?
    Last edited by Federally; 09-19-2010 at 03:25 AM.
    www.thunder-roadhobbies.com
    Moline, IL

RC Champion
    That''s a great video and shows that smooth driving will win the race everytime. The truck also looked very dialed in. What was the suspension setting for the stock truck?
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

Good job and congratulations. I enjoyed watching your video.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by muddybuddy
    Great racing! Also, what tires were you running during the 2wd mod race?
    Pro-Line Caliber M3

Quote Originally Posted by Federally
    Nice videos you did a really good job with them. Just that track is kind of a bummer, I guess I enjoy the big jumps of the track I race on a bit too much.

Edit: they let nitros run with the mod lass? Aren't enough of them that show up to have their own lass I guess?

It takes me a while sometimes trying to edit out all of my wifes talk...might offend some people...lol We did have a huuuuge 1/8th scale track about 2 years ago. Everybody stopped racing 1/8th, so we decided to go with a Short Course Track. It did have bigger jumps in it, but we have a TON of new guys that are starting to race and they will just tear up their trucks over and over. We are trying to bring people into the hobby....not steer them away LOL I like the bigger jumps also! but not too many know how to use the break in mid air to bring the truck back down level to land. This hobby is EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!! and about the nitros. Yes it was a 2wd truck and we had no problem with it. Usually we have a couple of different trucks show up and we have a RWYB (Run what ya brung) for those of you who are like RWYB????? What? lol The way we look at it....if you drove to the track to race....we are putting you in some class, no matter what. Its all about having FUN!!

Quote Originally Posted by john01374
    That''s a great video and shows that smooth driving will win the race everytime. The truck also looked very dialed in. What was the suspension setting for the stock truck?
    Thanks... My truck is very very dialed in. I havn't changed my setup since May and I have won every stock race since then. Usually our track is very moist, but the lack of rain here is just making it absorb what we spray on it very fast. So with it being a little loose I put a differnt spacer in the back shocks to make it sag a little more. If your truck is sitting up high it will absorb big jumps better but handle poorly. Since our track doesn't have many big jumps i can keep my chassis low to the ground. As far as my setup. Everytime I visit a different track my truck handles different. (seems that way anyways) you can start where i am and then work out the kinks.

Rear Shocks- Losi 25wt Shock oil, 1 hole pistons( i drill the hole out 1 size bigger than the stock hole...think its a 1/16th bit) put the lower shocks 2nd hole from the tire. When i raise and lower my truck i can hear the shock oil uhh..."squishing" inside.

Front Shocks- Losi 20wt Shock oil, 2 hole pistons (don't drill) bottom of shocks in the hole closest to tires. same thing about the "squishing" i don't fill my shocks up ALL the way.

Rear Ride Height- I don't have a fancy ride height gauge. I just stand a penny up vertical and put it directly underneath the motor and make sure my truck stays there. Its a little lower than below level. sorta makes a slight V. But if i go to a different track with some more jumps i raise it up to just about level.

Front Ride Height- Level.

Camber- Front -3 Rear -2

Toe- since our track doesn't have a lot of straights and it does have a bunch of curves. I keep my toe at -.5 or (a tiny bit of toe out) wheels look like this if you are facing the truck and looking straight down / \

Thats about it as far as Stock truck goes. PLEASE don't ask what my setup is for the Ofna Hyper 10SC lol. TONS of adjustments. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob
    Good job and congratulations. I enjoyed watching your video.
    Thanks, glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by hende
    nice si ti ereh os erom dda ot dah i dias trohs ot si tsop
    Ringraziamenti (Thanks in English)

RC Champion
    4wd A main

Linked a video of a 4wd SC a main on our track. I'm a big fan of the 1/8th nitro tracks. They redesigned the track at the end of July in preparation for the Midwest Nitro Series race that takes place out here and it's really nice.
    Moline, IL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Federally
    4wd A main

Linked a video of a 4wd SC a main on our track. I'm a big fan of the 1/8th nitro tracks. They redesigned the track at the end of July in preparation for the Midwest Nitro Series race that takes place out here and it's really nice.
    Nice track and good driving! See...if i had that track i couldn't go down that backstretch without hitting the big table top FULL THROTTLE!!! thats why i'm glad we don't have huuge jumps at our track. we are tearing the track down completley in 2-3 weeks and building it back from scratch. I would like to run your track a time or two!! looks fun.

RC Champion
    Yeah hitting that tabletp at full speed is a lot of fun but it's a bad idea during the race. The 1/8th buggys can take it at full speed and land on the backside of the little jump that's right after it and the 1/8th truggys can do backflips off of it and land on the tabletop in the corner following it. The real dangerous jump for the SCs is the double infront of the driver's stand. It's just a little too far apart for the 2wd SCs to safely clear it and it's broken a lot of parts on my truck lol.
    Moline, IL

RC Qualifier
    lol...yeah, we have another track close to me that runs truggies and buggies....Like taking the revo out there and playing around,

uploaded a new video of the slashs with the HD hero mounted.....done a few front flips off a ramp. Looks pretty kool..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYTF8DWHog
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-20-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Hahaha am I the only one who noticed you take out that kid?
    HK Brushless Summit!!!

RC Qualifier
    I guess so...lol well, if you get down to it.....he took me out.

The more I watch your vid, the more I like it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob
    The more I watch your vid, the more I like it
    Lol...i've posted some new ones up since that one. Go to my youtube channel and look at them if you ever get bored. Plan on uploading some more next week. Thanks