RC Competitor

Steering works but no Go

Sons slash 2wd is about 2 months old and it stopped working a few days ago. Steering works fine but no forward or reverse. Thought the titan 12t motor died so i bought a new motor today and still no forward or reverse. So i'm thinking it must be the esc. Reset all factory settings and still nothing. Maybe the esc really did just croak. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanx.

RC Champion
    Yeah, not much to guess except the esc. I would call traxxas and see where that leads you, they should send you a new esc as it is within warrenty.
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

Have you tried resetting the esc? That might do it. Is your battery fully charged. If all else call Traxxas support. They will get you going. They are great!

RC Champion
    Is the light on the esc? What's the light doing? Have you tried recalibrating it? Make sure you set the Tx back to normal settings then try recalibratings it. If that doesn't make a difference then a phone call to traxxas and mailing in your esc are definitely in your future. The xl 5 is a pretty solid brushed esc and it's not too common for them to just randomly die 2 months in.
    www.thunder-roadhobbies.com
    Moline, IL

RC Competitor
    Esc light is green. Fully charged battery used. Recalibrated esc. Looks like a call to Traxxas is on the to do list. Thanks to all that replied.

RC Competitor
    I just had a similar issue and found out it was my transmitter! Even when I called Traxxas they said it was my ESC. So don't rule out the transmitter or receiver.

If you have another transmitter, try it with the malfunctioning slash. You will need to switch the crystals in the transmitter to match the receiver.
    Last edited by peb; 09-20-2010 at 12:39 AM.