Thread: motor??????

RC Racer

motor??????

how do you know if the titan is dead and what would be a good replacement?

RC Racer
    well as for a replacement do you want to stay brushed? Or step up and go brushless? bash or race?

RC Racer
    im going to bash and i want to stay brushed

RC Racer
    In that case just get another titan 12t.

RC Qualifier
    no get an orion 15 t it is just as good but is not going to break down on you

oh and stay away from venom fireball motors

RC Qualifier
    no the 15t is to high of turn for a slash get the 17t or better yet get the great planes Electifly T-600 it is a 19t i belive
    Your nitro is fat...It ate my Brushless Dust!!!!

RC Qualifier
    it is the one for the blitz it is a good motor i ran it

RC Champion
    yeah i think the orion 15 turns are the best
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Qualifier
    This brings up a question for me-- a buddy handed me an HPI motor and another one of the motors he runs in his Blitz - until the hobby shop gets in a few Titans.... do I need to be concerned about anything?

I run a stock 1/10 Slash-- with the VXL esc that came with it-- the guys I race with are cool with me running a faster motor since my driving skills are still in development-- but will the faster motor hurt anything?

RC Qualifier
    Don't listen to these guys. If I were you, I would get a trinity speedgems 16turn brushed motor, gear down about 4 teeth, and have a blast. They are incredibly durable and very fast as well.

How did you kill your titan?
    Traxxas Slash
    Losi XXX
    Most of a Traxxas Bandit

RC Racer
    i got it on June 22 of this year and i ran it almost every day i think it just got old

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny_Sabatini

How did you kill your titan?
    I had same question-- mine only lasted a couple of weeks-- and the shaft for the pinion gear came loose.... did yours just die or was it a gradual death?

RC Racer
    i was jumping it and i was 5 feet from the jump and it just stoped

RC Qualifier
    well if its not responding and wont turn over its dead. Try connecting the leads from the motor to a fresh battery. make sure you are secure the motor before trying that. If nothing then its dead, get a new one. Just get a new titan or save up for VXL like I recently did.
    99%er

RC Qualifier
    Do you have any compressed air or motor cleaner? You might be able to revive it, although you probably don't want to anyways. Sometimes you can get a buildup of dirt and stuff in there and it will ruin it. When you try and start the car, what does the ESC do?
    Traxxas Slash
    Losi XXX
    Most of a Traxxas Bandit

RC Racer
    the esc is green then when i hit the throttle it blinks green then stays green and the steering works

RC Racer
    re program you esc

RC Racer
    how do you do that??????

RC Racer
    http://www.traxxas.com/products/video/support/ all the traxxas esc's reprogram the same way . So that vis will work for them all.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, I forgot about reprogramming the ESC. Try that before the other stuff.
    Traxxas Slash
    Losi XXX
    Most of a Traxxas Bandit

RC Qualifier
    How would a 17 turn speed gem motor do? What gearing would be good for that motor?
    P4d4 & Sl4sh

RC Qualifier
    Well what gearing do you run on a stock motor? It is about a 19 turn, compared to 540 sized motors (its a 550). There are 2 general rules to gearing.

1. When you change motors, gear down as many teeth as is the difference in turn ratings (i.e. 17 turn to a 15 turn, gear down 2 teeth).
    2. Gear down 2 teeth from the turn rating (i.e. 15 turn would be a 13 tooth pinion). I personally disagree with this method because it doesn't take spur gear size into effect.

You can decide which you want to try, but remember, these are only starting gears. You will have to change them depending on the conditions you run in, the environment, and your personal driving style.
    Traxxas Slash
    Losi XXX
    Most of a Traxxas Bandit

RC Qualifier
    Reprogram your esc and if that doesn't work pick up a new motor. I would recomend any epic or trinity motor 15-19t for bashing. The charmelion 2 is what I run in my slash. If you're on a budget, the integy 19t is looking good from what I've looked at and bench texted. Speed gems are great too. Epic intence. Komodo dragon. Reedy motors are decent too. Never have been big on orion. I have a few motors. Still, my fav for bashing is 19t. Great torque. And the best ratio of speed and runtime. And longer wear for less, aintenence.