RC Qualifier

kershaw design servo?

I just got back from vacation and received my kershaw designs servos (231oz). After looking them over i see a little red gasket in between the the casing parts. Are these waterproof or do i need to waterproof them a little more? If so how do i waterproof them. thanks
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Champion
    if you google the the mdl #, most of the info that comes up is Chinese but they do claim to be waterproof
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    if you google the the mdl #, most of the info that comes up is Chinese but they do claim to be waterproof
    I dunked mine a few times.the first time was accidental.No problems.Mine just died, the crushers are hard on servos.next 458oz-in servos.When i pulled it apart there was some rust not enough to damage them but more grease wouldn't hurt.Help keep the mosture out
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    I dunked mine a few times.the first time was accidental.No problems.Mine just died, the crushers are hard on servos.next 458oz-in servos.When i pulled it apart there was some rust not enough to damage them but more grease wouldn't hurt.Help keep the mosture out:D

so what you are saying is that i should open them up first add some litium grease or marine grease then install them? thanks
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

Quote Originally Posted by OnebadTMAXX3.3
    so what you are saying is that i should open them up first add some litium grease or marine grease then install them? thanks
    Looking back yes i should have just for piece of mind.they do have a o ring as well,If you are planning on submerging them the grease is just added protection.I'm thinking of plastic dipping my new ones or pull them apart and liquid tape the board and grease the top end.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    Looking back yes i should have just for piece of mind.they do have a o ring as well,If you are planning on submerging them the grease is just added protection.I'm thinking of plastic dipping my new ones or pull them apart and liquid tape the board and grease the top end.
    thanks bro!
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Qualifier
    Search ebay for MG996 servos. Same, if not better than, the Kershaws. I got a set for $16.00 shipped. Just waiting on them to get across the pond.
    HK Brushless Summit!!!

RC Qualifier
    i spent the vast majority of my day searching via google to learn about servos and the "in's n outs" of them including making them water proof

have a read of this

http://www.societyofrobots.com/actua...of_servo.shtml

very good info in the above link.

heres another link, but i reckon the above link is the way to go

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/inf...roof-servo.php
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Champion
    Wow thanks stinger30, that's a lot of info right there. BTW my kids have one of those robot fishes for the pool.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733