RC Qualifier

hitec hs-7980th arrived

now that i have a servo, I'll get my truck going ng.

ill see if it will run off a 2s lipo or if its still needs a bec just for the servo, anyway i read u take red and back leads to the battery and yellow to the rx and ill see what 611 oz-in can do, with weighted roc locks. I picked it up for about $150 will see if its worth it.
    T8 sensored/Xerun-150a/custom chassis/fit body

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    611 OZ?? Geez, That should be able to turn moabs with glue stuck to them Let us know how it works out...
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Champion
    you will find it is a bit bigger than the 2075, I rounded out the holes on the new $150.00 servo and put the screws on a very slight angle when i put mine in.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the pics quadiak
    yeah the servo itself fits the slot fine, but the tabs on the one side need to be ground off, and i was just able to angle the screws enough as is and get them in

i did a quick test on the stock esc so no 611oz-in test yet, and it worked pretty good, the evx2 bec is not bad, but it wasnt enough so i will definatly try to get the amps and the voltage to this servo cause both were limiting factors of the stocks internal bec.

been a while since i did some crawling/ climbing and it did great got weighted wheels in the front this time and that is the single best thing i did to improve crawling/ climbing ablility.

o and it was nice to be able to steer on the rocks.

been a while since i did some crawling/ climbing and it did great got weighted wheels in the front this time and that is the single best thing i did to improve crawling/ climbing ablility.
    I was really surprised at the improvment adding weight to the front wheels had I ordered a couple of h/k servos 458 oz-in.we'll see how those go
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Quadiak, Did you do anything underneathe special or just put it in. No special bell crank or anything. Im wondering if a BEC would help with my stock servos out of my rx8. They just dont seem to have it???

RC Qualifier
    nope man the stock servos are just crap, expecially for anything bigger than stock the rx8 should have a decent internal bec as well.

Jamann, nice 912 oz-in should get the job done, make sure and shim up the servo saver, i wonder if the plastic will be strong enough.

RC Qualifier
    i was wondering how this servo would go in the summit.thanks for sharing your experience
    erevo, ubuntu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brasher
    nope man the stock servos are just crap, expecially for anything bigger than stock the rx8 should have a decent internal bec as well.

Jamann, nice 912 oz-in should get the job done, make sure and shim up the servo saver, i wonder if the plastic will be strong enough.
    Ya I just striped a stock horn so need new ones gonna try one servo first and see if it is strong enough.I put a washer under the spring is that what you were referring to.I would like it stiffer yet just add more washers?
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by scriner
    Quadiak, Did you do anything underneathe special or just put it in. No special bell crank or anything.
    I haven't done anything yet, other than put in the bogus Traxxas HD spring(it was exactly the same as the stock and stock replacement). the 7980 easily pushes the stock servo saver past its end and binds at the far end of its travel, that being said one thing I intend to try is programing the 7980 to travel 180 degrees over the stock 120 degree setting. My thought on doing this is that it should force the servo saver to the end of its travel and then use its torque to steer it beyond that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scriner
    Im wondering if a BEC would help with my stock servos out of my rx8. They just dont seem to have it???
    Brasher is dead on saying the stock servos won't cut it. Even if you do get them to pull more torque the gears will just strip off. Mine did.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733