RC Qualifier

4s Lipo Question

I've had my summit for a while now and am thinking about going lipo. I would use the stock ESC and just buy a lipo cutoff. I already have a Nexus 20C 5000mah lipo that came with my slash, but I cant find another one like it. So I was wondering if I could have the same C rating, same mAh, but have a different brand of lipo? Like SPC or something like that. Thanks.
    Trust me...I'm a Doctor

RC Champion
    I wouldn't, but you could. I'd just get a set to use on the summit and use the slash LiPo for the slash

if you do, try to match specs for c rating and capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Monstaa
    I've had my summit for a while now and am thinking about going lipo. I would use the stock ESC and just buy a lipo cutoff. I already have a Nexus 20C 5000mah lipo that came with my slash, but I cant find another one like it. So I was wondering if I could have the same C rating, same mAh, but have a different brand of lipo? Like SPC or something like that. Thanks.
    The bigger the c rating the better 30c or 40c.It's much better to have more amps than the esc can use.better for the batt's and the esc.plus more punch.I'm running 5000 30c lipo.Ebay $30 each shipped no connecters though.Hobby king is worth a look as well
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    It's generaly accepted that matching cells are the safest way to go. However if un-matched the cells with the lowest quality will run down first. If you do a Chargery BM6 (or other cell monitoring device) with a 2-2S to 4S series tap rig, you will have an audible alarm alerting you to ANY individual cell falling below the voltage you set.

For how I use my Summit my BM6 audible alarm works out great set at 3.5 volts per cell!

Bob
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.