RC Racer

ordering my new summit this week, what should i get?

well gents i should be ordering my new summit on thursday. already got 2 merv's and decided to sell my jato and savage to get a summit and go all electric. my real question is since im going all electric i need a good charger that doesnt take 6 hours to charge my batteries. what charger would you suggest that can do lipo's and nimh's? found this charger what do you guys think? http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=GPMM3155

also gonna need a couple good long run time batteries for the summit and really dont know what i should get. im mainly gonna use the truck for messing around in the backyard(trees, roots, hills) and some bashing. what spare parts or upgrades are needed for the summit?

RC Qualifier
    I have a ******* Accucell 6 charger and its awesome. It does everything the charger you linked does, and its cheaper!

The ******* 4x6s also looks pretty sweet, I mean come one whats not cool about charging 4 batts at ONE TIME?

For batteries check the ProMatch 5200 hardcase 2s batteries ~$85 shipped for 2!
    HK Brushless Summit!!!

RC Qualifier
    I personally have a Triton eq, and I use it to charge my summit batteries (I have team orion 4500mah Nimh's). I love the charger. It does everything I want in to do and then some! I also find it very easy to use. The only (and I mean only) thing that I don't particullarly like about it is that it does not have an internal cooling fan to keep things really cool, but it manages to stay quite cool anyways. Plus it is AC too!
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC Qualifier
    Oh, and by the way, I have bashed my summit pretty hard a few times, and I have not broken anything. Personally I would say that you do not need any upgrades for the truck. You might want to get a wheelie bar though. I just got one and now my truck can pull wheelies all the way down the street! Awesome! Here is a link for the orion batteries:
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=ORI10331
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShaker
    I have a ******* Accucell 6 charger and its awesome. It does everything the charger you linked does, and its cheaper!!

+1 from me

i also have a ******* accucell 6, it rocks
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Qualifier
    I like my SkyCharger B6AC+ It was only $65 shipped and it to will charge at 5 amps. BTW, it is also AC/DC. Works at home and at the field. Google it, it comes up from hobbypartz.
    Too many characters and not enough space allowed.

RC Racer
    I cant recommend this charger yet as I have only had it for about a month. But it is 10A 200W, and in that month I have used it at 10A every time I charge my 9000mAh smc's in parallel and seiries and I have had no problems with it yet.
    Its cheaper than allot of 5A 50W chargers and I thought for the price it was worth the risk. Very happy so far.

If the link does not work it is a G.T.POWER A6-10
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 09-07-2010 at 06:51 PM.

RC poster
    how much for the summit?i just picked up a used one for 250.

RC Qualifier
    im getting my summit in a few weeks. i have ordered
    skid plate set part#5337
    lightbar p#5684
    and to get rid of rear squat new springs p#5649

next payday i will order slipper clutch rebuilt kit (p#5352X) and spare stock pinion p#5640 , and spare spurr gear p#3961
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by diby_2000
    I cant recommend this charger yet as I have only had it for about a month. But it is 10A 200W, and in that month I have used it at 10A every time I charge my 9000mAh smc's in parallel and seiries and I have had no problems with it yet.
    Its cheaper than allot of 5A 50W chargers and I thought for the price it was worth the risk. Very happy so far.

If the link does not work it is a G.T.POWER A6-10
    It still requires a power supply.
    Too many characters and not enough space allowed.

RC Racer
    True it does.
    Cheap power supplies from http://www.feathermerchantrc.com/ with plenty of power.

RC poster
    I would recommend progressive 2 or 3 rockers.
    What are those tracks in the snow from???