RC Champion

novak summit data

Hi everyone, I am out camping for the labor day long weekend and on the way out of town I checked the mail and luckily there was a brand new set of SMC 2s 9000 Mah LiPo packs in the box, talk about great timing. Got my first test on them this morning.

I am currently running a Novak 7.5 HV system with 15/68 gearing and of course the new 2s 9000 Mah packs. Losi claw MT tires(very close to same size as stock). We ran for nearly 2 hrs, in the walking trails. Not bashing, not really crawling, just sorta hiking. I just recharged the new LiPos and they only took 3500 Mah. I can't wait to go find some rocks tomorrow and see how this monster performs.

One note on the batteries themselves. They are not a great fit in the summit. These packs are just thin enough to squeeze them in the comparments. Infact one pack is abouit 1/8" thicker than the other(strange)
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Qualifier
    So will you keep us updated on how the HV performs? I'm trying to put together a sensored Brushless system and the only motor choices seem to be the Novak HV series and the Tekin T8's.
    HK Brushless Summit!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShaker
    So will you keep us updated on how the HV performs? I'm trying to put together a sensored Brushless system and the only motor choices seem to be the Novak HV series and the Tekin T8's.
    Certianly will.

Heading out soon to find a rocky trail
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Enthusiast
    Hello I have rum mine with novak 6.5 with A123 Batts and very nice for bashing, very nice speed in second my son only runs in first gear and the batts last forever.I am using tires from my erevo and I am using 16/68.thanks

RC Qualifier
    So Skyghost your having no problems? Might I ask what you mean by A123 batts? Arent they LiFePo4's?
    HK Brushless Summit!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A123s are more or less the same chemistry as LiFepo4, but they are like slightly oversized C cells with a hard casing. 6s of those is equal to 5s lipo just about, but you need to run 6s2p to get the same kind of runtime, as the cells are only ~2300mah.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Enthusiast
    yes ArmyOD is complety right but 6s donīt fit in the summit only 2S2P itīs about 13.3V but itīs good enought for this type of car and of course you can use lipos if you want more speed.