RC Qualifier

tires hitting body, wider?

i got tech 5 wheels and roc Loc tires, so a zero offset wheel paired with a huge tire 8.62". Id try the kershaw width kit, but that limits the weight i can add to the wheel. to the outside so it sticks out and can catch on things.

if i try some wheel extensions i can put some weight closer in, like in the wheel space between the hex and knuckel which is a little less than 1" with wheel extensions. an area for weight that doesnt exist without the extensions.

anyway found theses 17mm 1" wide extensions, 7075 machined alluminum. anybody tried these ones yet?
    http://www.novarcproducts.com/wheelextensions.html

i think ill just get them, a long time ago i bought a cooling head for .21picco off these guys, it worked fine.
    Last edited by Brasher; 09-04-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    T8 sensored/Xerun-150a/custom chassis/fit body

RC Champion
    Those look really good me. Maybe they will be less wobbly than the stock ones
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Competitor
    Looks like a good site with great stuff. They just need 1/2" extensions for the AX-10 and more Traxxas stuff.

Since they don't offer the Tech 5 in a half offset, i think this is a great fix. i've seen lots of pics with roc loks and crushers on expensive half offset beadlocks, but would like to see how this set up looks and performs.

Buy it, run it, post it!

Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    Those look really good me. Maybe they will be less wobbly than the stock ones
    I switched to proline 23mm hubs a couple of washers no more wobble.If some one makes 17mm hubs with the axle pins and nut instad of the threaded pin.Problem solved with a few washers
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    I switched to proline 23mm hubs a couple of washers no more wobble.If some one makes 17mm hubs with the axle pins and nut instad of the threaded pin.Problem solved with a few washers
    Ya well, silly me, I specifically search out 17 mm hex offset wheels so I didn't have to spend extra $$$$ on adapters, only to find out the stock adapters are prone to wearing badly and causing a wobble;(

Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    Ya well, silly me, I specifically search out 17 mm hex offset wheels so I didn't have to spend extra $$$$ on adapters, only to find out the stock adapters are prone to wearing badly and causing a wobble;(
    There is a fix on here somewere, Brass tubeing i tried the shrink tube trick it helped a bit.I wonder if you could cut a quarter inch or so off the outside of the hub itself and use a axle nut to lock up that end.?The wobble drove me crazy .My problem is now there is not much to choose from in 23mm exept rc4wd cyclones Cha $$$ ching
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 16hp
    Looks like a good site with great stuff. They just need 1/2" extensions for the AX-10 and more Traxxas stuff.

Since they don't offer the Tech 5 in a half offset, i think this is a great fix. i've seen lots of pics with roc loks and crushers on expensive half offset beadlocks, but would like to see how this set up looks and performs.

Buy it, run it, post it!
    Ill give it a go, i did some measurements the other day and it looks like at 1" wider the wheels will just clear the body, so it might be a good width for this setup.
    would like to see these at 1/4" increments since id like to be just wide enough, too wide and the a-arms will start hanging up on rocks like crazy.

also the area to place weight will be nice, as it is a cleaner look and since the wieght is closer to the center, it will make it less likely to roll.

ok ill check into the wobble with these adapters, i think they'll have some wobble stock not sure if that matters for rock crawling though.

i think wheel extensions are not a good idea for bashing, or jumping, as the wheel now has a ton more leverage on the stub axels and bearings, thus probly making them sheer on heavy trucks like these.

RC Qualifier
    dang, i just found these ones, which use the idea i had to get the slop out, a set screw goes all the way and slams into the stub axel thus eliminating the wobble, and u can throw a quick flanged nut on compared to the ones below that i just bought, ill have to see how crappy they are (wobble) and then ill buy some setscrews from tony.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Summit-1...item5adb8a7fb8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasher
    i got tech 5 wheels and roc Loc tires, so a zero offset wheel paired with a huge tire 8.62". Id try the kershaw width kit, but that limits the weight i can add to the wheel. to the outside so it sticks out and can catch on things.

if i try some wheel extensions i can put some weight closer in, like in the wheel space between the hex and knuckel which is a little less than 1" with wheel extensions. an area for weight that doesnt exist without the extensions.

anyway found theses 17mm 1" wide extensions, 7075 machined alluminum. anybody tried these ones yet?
    http://www.novarcproducts.com/wheelextensions.html

i think ill just get them, a long time ago i bought a cooling head for .21picco off these guys, it worked fine.

RC Qualifier
    just got the nova adapters, bolted one on, and yeah the stock adapters are junk, the novas got like no play, and at 7075 aluminum i doubt they would gain much wobble after use. lol now if i could just narrow them up a bit i think they are going to be too wide for my likeing, might try and make them just wide enough for the body, will see.

RC Champion
    they should make a 1/2" version