RC Qualifier

Best Of both worlds??

Okay so I wanted a summit, But bought an emaxx, built it up, traded for a revo, now I have just picked up a Summit . I am wanting a great bashing/ crawler. Can I buy put the revo cvd axles and driveshafts on this thing? Also want to stick RPM truetrack in rear with RPM front.
    I have heard that i will loose a few cm of travel. I am okay with that. Is all that doable?
    Also does someone have a spring chart? I got about 30+ springs with all sorts of colors. Thanks
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by choppermech11@m
    Okay so I wanted a summit, But bought an emaxx, built it up, traded for a revo, now I have just picked up a Summit . I am wanting a great bashing/ crawler. Can I buy put the revo cvd axles and driveshafts on this thing? Also want to stick RPM truetrack in rear with RPM front.
    I have heard that i will loose a few cm of travel. I am okay with that. Is all that doable?
    Also does someone have a spring chart? I got about 30+ springs with all sorts of colors. Thanks
    The truetrack is nice i got it on my ERBE. Yes it will fit summit and yes the reg. RMP A arms from the E-Revo will fit the summit, there really not needed as the stock arms are really strong... but i am a huge fan of RPM.. the Summit axles are really strong as well you could up grade them if you want but I dont think you would get alot of benefit. The down fall to the RMP TrueTrac is the wheel bearings are oversized bearings, so if you have to replace them it is like 18 dollars for a set. The stock wheel bearing carrier will not fit the truetrac arms. I have though about upgrading the center shaft but i do not think there would be any benefit.
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Qualifier
    The TrueTrac arms will physically fit the Summit chassis, but you'll lose " of your wheelbase.
    Like Blue said, the stock arms are pretty strong, though I did break a stock front one, and am now running RPMs on the front (you have to modify one side slightly to clear the locker housing, but the fronts fit fine otherwise)

Stick with the stock axle driveshafts (you can upgrade the center ones to metal if you want though).

RC Qualifier
    revo cvds will not fit due to the fact the summit locking diff is off set to one side and the left/right axles are of unequal lengths to accomodate this. Mip has just came out with steel adjusting axle shafts for the summit that should realive the issue ($48 per pair)

Tekin 4ws Summit
    G2R, ERBE, BB
    Use common sense

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_uscg
    The truetrack is nice i got it on my ERBE. Yes it will fit summit and yes the reg. RMP A arms from the E-Revo will fit the summit, there really not needed as the stock arms are really strong... but i am a huge fan of RPM.. the Summit axles are really strong as well you could up grade them if you want but I dont think you would get alot of benefit. The down fall to the RMP TrueTrac is the wheel bearings are oversized bearings, so if you have to replace them it is like 18 dollars for a set. The stock wheel bearing carrier will not fit the truetrac arms. I have though about upgrading the center shaft but i do not think there would be any benefit.
    I have read that the cvd center shafts are very beneficial on brushless summits. Supposedly they transfer power better because they are more solid. I have not tried them myself yet. But it makes sense in theory to me.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    I have read that the cvd center shafts are very beneficial on brushless summits. Supposedly they transfer power better because they are more solid. I have not tried them myself yet. But it makes sense in theory to me.
    yeah, also the bigger the tires, the better a steel center shaft, eventually the pins in the stock center shaft will back out, so just go with the steel centers and save a future repair
    T8 sensored/Xerun-150a/custom chassis/fit body

RC Qualifier
    Well the wife says I dont have to sell the revo. SO I will put all the cvd,s and other goodies on it and keep the summit stock and wait if something breaks.......
    Wouldn't you like to know...