weight inside front wheels

I was having issues fliping over backwards when climbing or the front end having a loss of traction at a critical point at the top of somthing fairly steep where you need the front of the truck to settle and hook up.The rock crushers are 8.26" tall.The front would get lite no traction flip or slide back down.
    I [ IDIOT ]took this long to add weight inside the front tires. 7oz each side.
    To say the improvment is noticable would be a huge understatment.major difference.Im walking up stuff i had to bump up before:I' hoping for snow this year. I'm making chains just in case
    Last edited by jamann; 09-01-2010 at 06:47 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    what did you use for weights?

RC Racer
    i've heard people using stick on wheel weights to the inside of rims to add the extra weight.
    how's it going temp wise with the extra weight in the wheels to turn over? i was a little worried about heating things up to much with the extra weight. did you just do the front wheels or the back as well?

1/4 round lead.Got from the fishing dept,comes in a roll.
    smaller diameter lead would be better.but 1/4" was what they had.
    Wrapped inside in the groove of the rim.duct tape to keep it from moving.
    I dropped to a 12t pinion because of the crushers.I'm running the stock 14t pinion at the moment and it gets a bit too warm for my comfort.
    So back to 12t pinion and maybe a 72 spur from kershaw.Just the front wheels
    Last edited by jamann; 09-01-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    hey jamann how do you like the rock crushers for crawling compaired to stock tires
    thanks
    if your not breaking anything get more air

Quote Originally Posted by scotthw
    hey jamann how do you like the rock crushers for crawling compaired to stock tires
    thanks
    I liked the stock tires but i wore them out.The crushers are taller better clearance without adjusting the suspension and losing articulation they hook up quite well on the rock when dry.wet not as well,but what does.they are alot more flexible than they look but are stiff enough to span gaps without the sidewall folding and make you slide in the hole.That was something that always kinda bugged me about the canyons almost too soft in the side wall.Now that i added weight in the front the crushers are working much better.There not the best crawling tire but there working good for my setup and terrain.They handle pretty good all around for how big they are If shipping wasn't ridiculous to Canada I'd have some of the cyclone bead locks.The plastic one's are barely able to deal with the torque on the bead locks
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Only 7oz! I got 6.5oz in each front tires of my 2.2 mud slingers of my Tamiya CR-01 crawler! More! Lol
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Racer
    How well are they ballenced?
    How does it handle at speed?

RC Qualifier
    Roofing lead's cheaper,just get a couple of foot,cut it narrow enough to fit in the wheel,then foam tape as much as you need in

RC Qualifier
    My Simple fix:
    I hot glue balloon weights on car based on my needs... I pull them off when i want to bash (since I dont need the extra weight) . You can glue them in center for better weight distribution, in the rear for the eternal wheelie or in the front for crawling.

Hope this helps.
    Just do it...they make replacement parts.VXL power

RC Racer
    I have found that if i unlock the rear diff only it helps stopping the car from flipping when crawling. Also i use small sinkers in 3 tyres of my 2.2 crawler & it works well

Quote Originally Posted by diby_2000
    How well are they ballenced?
    How does it handle at speed?
    they balanced out pretty good.It nose dives a bit more when stopping from speed but other than that handles as good as a summit with big tires can.
    I don't do much speed running.I won't be doing any jumping with it anyways although that would test out the rpm bumper mount
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Quote Originally Posted by Bug777
    I have found that if i unlock the rear diff only it helps stopping the car from flipping when crawling. Also i use small sinkers in 3 tyres of my 2.2 crawler & it works well
    I usually don't lock the rear unless i need it.The problem was the front would get light and not hook up and the rear drive wheel would push it to the left or right which on some of the climbs i was trying was catastrophic
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I should try this on mine. Everytime I get just mere fractions of an inch away from the top it starts jumpin up front. quite annoying. I would rather make it removable tho because I could see stock servos spewing flames turning the extra weight haha

I added a bar and the traxxas bumper extension that comes in the adjustable rear arm kit to help keep it from tippin over backwards.
    HK Brushless Summit!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    I liked the stock tires but i wore them out.The crushers are taller better clearance without adjusting the suspension and losing articulation they hook up quite well on the rock when dry.wet not as well,but what does.they are alot more flexible than they look but are stiff enough to span gaps without the sidewall folding and make you slide in the hole.That was something that always kinda bugged me about the canyons almost too soft in the side wall.Now that i added weight in the front the crushers are working much better.There not the best crawling tire but there working good for my setup and terrain.They handle pretty good all around for how big they are If shipping wasn't ridiculous to Canada I'd have some of the cyclone bead locks.The plastic one's are barely able to deal with the torque on the bead locks
    ok thats i was gooding to get the mud slingers just cause i think that the huge lugs on them would make my summit look meaner but i heard that they are not that good for crawling
    if the shipping is what is stopping you from buying the cyclone rims there is a hobby shop in winnipeg manitoba that sells RC4WD products cause thats were im going to get mine from when i order
    http://shop.eliminator-rc.com/cgi-bi...T&Store_Code=E
    if your not breaking anything get more air

Quote Originally Posted by scotthw
    ok thats i was gooding to get the mud slingers just cause i think that the huge lugs on them would make my summit look meaner but i heard that they are not that good for crawling
    if the shipping is what is stopping you from buying the cyclone rims there is a hobby shop in winnipeg manitoba that sells RC4WD products cause thats were I'm going to get mine from when i order
    http://shop.eliminator-rc.com/cgi-bi...T&Store_Code=E
    I too read reports that the slingers didn't like the rocks too much,even after star trimming the foam.
    That is the tire that i was going to get they do look nastyi run on rock 75% of the time
    I've never run the slingers,So they could be alright.I'm happy with the crushers they are slippery in the wet but that adds fun and a different approach to obstacles.In the dry they grab pretty good.I also used drops of glue to try to keep the beads from popping
    I'm running the proline Cheyenne's don't know if the axials are any better.
    big tires+plastic bead locks seems like a unfair fightThanks I'll check that site out there not cheap rims.....but.....It's only gobs of money
    Last edited by jamann; 09-02-2010 at 11:22 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShaker
    I should try this on mine. Everytime I get just mere fractions of an inch away from the top it starts jumpin up front. quite annoying. I would rather make it removable tho because I could see stock servos spewing flames turning the extra weight haha

I added a bar and the traxxas bumper extension that comes in the adjustable rear arm kit to help keep it from tippin over backwards.
    I toasted the stockers a long time ago the big tires +the weight= metal geared.I've ordered some 450oz servos.I'm hoping they will be strong enough.The kershaws did well without the weight 26 bucks 231 oz pretty good deal
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    The only problem with weights is the balance of the tyre. I have tried stick on wheel weights inside of the rim with little sucess. The balance was ok but crawling ability was not really noticable. The sinks that i have make more of a difference but the balance is shocking. You could try sticking weights on the suspension arms as this will low your cog & put the weight as close to the wheels as possible. Also put more on the lhs that the rhs to compensate for torque twist.