Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

bored with my summit

hey guys i have a bl revo, a nitro revo , rustler, 2wd backslash, 4x4 slash pe and recently aquired a summit... its a beautiful truck and i dont want to sell it its just where i live i have notting to crawl over nor do i have water to splash thru... any suggestions on how i can make this fun.. its stock btw

RC Qualifier
    Dig a hole and fill it with water.

RC Enthusiast
    lol... i hope you have room at your house for me when my wife kicks me out ..lol

RC Qualifier
    With a little effort you can make it just about anything you want. The traxxas parts are fairly interchangeable.

Here's mine w/ slayer arms, crawler tires, beadlocks:

it was great for camping and letting others drive it.

Here it is as a dedicated crawler with a torsion chassis. It is also outfitted for FPV

You can lower it and do speed runs. Add 4ws for crawling. The summit comes w/ some of the best parts for being creative with. I'm currently using the summit tranny w/ Kyosho Rock Force axles to make a scaler. So if you're bored just start letting your imagination run wild.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mulepic
    With a little effort you can make it just about anything you want. The traxxas parts are fairly interchangeable.

Here's mine w/ slayer arms, crawler tires, beadlocks:

it was great for camping and letting others drive it.

Here it is as a dedicated crawler with a torsion chassis. It is also outfitted for FPV

You can lower it and do speed runs. Add 4ws for crawling. The summit comes w/ some of the best parts for being creative with. I'm currently using the summit tranny w/ Kyosho Rock Force axles to make a scaler. So if you're bored just start letting your imagination run wild.
    did you notice any difference running your front tires and back tires opposite directions like that?
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Enthusiast
    hmmm slayer arms ..hmmm

RC Qualifier
    yeah, it looked cool w/ 5.5" tires. It was much easier to cart around too.

RC Qualifier
    Put some HEAVY oil in the shocks and go find some drops/steps/jumps/Any parks in your area? Theres normally something there to play on. Any construction sites near you?Good fun when the builders aren't there.

RC Qualifier
    build a pulse jet for it and make it jump a house or a barn or the town clock, record it and post it up on you tube
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Competitor
    There isn't many places where I live either but I love to bash at a school park or my town park on the play skapes jumping off landings, up and down slides in tubes and make it go round and round and round, I can watch that's for hours! I even just rip up and down my street if I don't have time to go out. There little patches of woods in every town, i like going in and crawling over logs and downed branches! Is there a skate park near you? Those r cool to bash in too! There isn't a day goes by that I don't rip the summit around. If ur having trouble finding stuff to do with it maybe this hobby isn't for you!! Traxxas rc's r about inganuity and excitement not how many u own!!
    Last edited by MERVorSUMMIT?; 09-02-2010 at 05:47 AM.
    You ain't bashin if u ain't breakin!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    ^^^ dont say that i have modified and find places to run all the time (its just that i bought it to bash as the other are to race) .. but the summit was a challenge as i want to climb ...lol
    anyway i took trx33 suggestion and dug up a section of my yard filled with water and was having lots of fun until CLANK CLACK CLACK CLACK... ***ffff... my long center drive shaft collapse and twisted.... has this happened to anyone and is the cvd the best fix..
    btw i am starting to like this truck thanks everyone

RC Qualifier

Talking cvd?

Hi.MIP cvd's are crap,I think someones posted on here recently,they explode .Mip don't honuor any warranty either,don't reply to emails,and the better business bureau can't find them? Stock or traxxas hop ups are the way to go.AND they honuor their warranty!

RC Champion
    The traxxas cvd center shafts are a good upgrade. but you probably need to adjust your slipper. the stock shafts are pretty tough.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Qualifier
    Home Depo or lowes get some Cinder blocks, 2x4... ect Building supplies.. make a little someting of your own I started sometime but dident finish it, it was going to be small rock, then big rock to crawl,(Wheel chaulks work great wal mart had plastic ones in automotive section) a water pit, then 2x4 stacked as a Pyramid about 6 high then a small stright a way and i dont know what next, then start over. *L* just a thought.

you can alaway get the old snap tight u build models cars and CRUSH them with the summit.
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_uscg

you can alaway get the old snap tight u build models cars and CRUSH them with the summit.
    like this idea !!!!!!!!! i have quite a few in my room at my parents house from my much younger days ... they are over 25 years old and must be worth some $$$ as they are in mint condition..lol .. to bad... mad d summit here i comeee

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by blrevo
    ...anyway i took trx33 suggestion and dug up a section of my yard filled with water...
    ROFL! I was only slightly serious. I knew it would be fun, but didn't expect you to actually do it.

RC Competitor
    I'm trying to convince my wife to let me dig up the back yard and put in a dirt track. That would be awsome and I wouldn't have to mow it anymore either. Two birds with one stone! She ain't goin for it though! Lol
    You ain't bashin if u ain't breakin!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    mervorsummit - my wife is away for a few days ... so i have full control ..lol

i just cut blocks out fill with water and drive and i have the blocks to put back in like it never happened... :-)
    got some plastic cars during lunch, can't wait to get home, going to pile them up just before the largest of the "water holes" ...muahahahah..... did some drawings of a trailer that i will also start to make when i get time as i want to jump the truck with the trailer attached ... i dont know why i just want to ..lol... enjoying the truck now, thanks guys
    friend's don't let friend's drive stock!!

RC Racer
    Is there a local RC car club with a track?
    Study maps of your area; look for sandy/rocky places maybe commercial sand/rock oulets?
    ps use the web maps and use "satelite" view
    Stock Summit minus Tekin/2.4Ghz

RC Champion
    I can only imagine that taking the summit to a track would be one of the worst ways to have fun with a stock summit. Now if it was brushless, that's another thing...
    Two Rusty VXLs, M2Ks 18/83 - Tag! You're it!