RC Qualifier

05 Runs 775 dead

Ran my summit for about the 5th time. The motor went up in smoke, melted the fans and pretty much everything inside. I was running 18T Pinion was in mud playing. Could that of caused it?

Last edited by blue_uscg; 08-27-2010 at 04:45 PM.
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

time for a DeWalt
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    I got one more 775 to burn up first. I put Momba Monster on my E-Revo and going to transplant the 775 into the summit. Then Dewalt or another opition.
    No you cant drive it

RC Qualifier
    "MAMBA" Monster

Yes, 18T and mud can do that to the 775. Go Dewalt or get a MMM/2200 for your Summit too.

RC Champion
    Mud has never seemed to effect mine...
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    I suspect because you're running the stock 14T pinion, no?

RC Champion
    I tried a 15T pinion in mine when it was still stock. Even with the 15T it got hot, I think the 18T pinion would certainly be to much.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Qualifier
    I think so but i just built a new set up... going to install it will post pictures tonight..
    No you cant drive it

Quote Originally Posted by blue_uscg
    I think so but i just built a new set up... going to install it will post pictures tonight..
    looking forward to seeing it. stick it in the "Post Up" thread
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_uscg
    Ran my summit for about the 5th time. The motor went up in smoke, melted the fans and pretty much everything inside. I was running 18T Pinion was in mud playing. Could that of caused it?

What kinda batteries where u running?
    You ain't bashin if u ain't breakin!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Venom 5000 mah 2s Lipo
    No you cant drive it

RC Competitor
    Well that's why u burned it up! Call traxxas, they'll tell u brushed motors like that are not designed for that amount of amps!! I bet it was at least a 20c too! So ur probably pumping 100 amps into a motor the can handle half that. And lipo's put out a continuous volts so it's the same strain when u start as when it cuts off!! Not tapered like nimh! I don't even think traxxas with warranty that motor! I'm not an expert these are just my opinions so anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But I ran 2 20c 3000mah 16.8v total about 500 times and still ran like new before I upgraded to MMM!! Most Brushed + LiPo = smoking pile of crap
    Last edited by MERVorSUMMIT?; 09-01-2010 at 06:38 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MERVorSUMMIT?
    Well that's why u burned it up! Call traxxas, they'll tell u brushed motors like that are not designed for that amount of amps!! I bet it was at least a 20c too! So ur probably pumping 100 amps into a motor the can handle half that. And lipo's put out a continuous volts so it's the same strain when u start as when it cuts off!! Not tapered like nimh! I don't even think traxxas with warranty that motor! I'm not an expert these are just my opinions so anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But I ran 2 20c 3000mah 16.8v total about 500 times and still ran like new before I upgraded to MMM!! Most Brushed + LiPo = smoking pile of crap
    lol. you don't "pump" amps. Electric motors draw amps, and they only draw what they require. Amps cannot cause damage to an electric motor. however having batteries that are capable to run a motor to its full potential(and NiMh packs are enough on a brushed motor for this to happen) will allow the user the ability to constantly run a motor to its max potential, and this could be dangerous. Although that is not what has happened in this case. What happened in this case is quite simple. He overgeared it, you cannot run 18t pinion on a 775 and drive it hard. its gonna go boom.

RC Champion
    No disrespect intended, but if you are running the 775 with a 18T/68T combo in this situationits gonna burn up. but I bet it was fun

RC Competitor
    Ok u r right I've my $@#t backward. Still learning! I think I bought the wrong lipo's myself! I under powered mine thinking I would do damage if I went to high on the amps! Thanks for the correction! I upreceate u not calling me a retard!! Lol

Altho I was thinking if u had a battery that didn't let the motor work so hard, in other word an under powered by just a few amps it wouldn't have go so hot, no? Just curious!
    Last edited by MERVorSUMMIT?; 09-01-2010 at 11:59 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    No disrespect intended, but if you are running the 775 with a 18T/68T combo in this situationits gonna burn up. but I bet it was fun
    Well I will just go with the I forgot it was on there route….
    No you cant drive it