Thread: slash oval

RC Competitor

slash oval

i have a slash for my son and just installed a vxl system in it ,i have it geared 17/86 and will using 2s lipo. my son only races it at our local track in the novice oval class, its a pretty smooth waterd oval so traction is usually good , my question is this whats a good suspention setup for just going around in the oval ,basically stock right now just need a good oval set up thanks for the help i do have proline calipers on it they help , just need an oval set up , im sure some one has one set up.
    Last edited by sewerdog; 08-16-2010 at 02:08 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I run oval at a local track and on my slash i used a piece of field tubing in the shocks to lower it bout half a inch. Also since your only turning left you could set you camber on the front of the truck. there is also a mode some guys are running where they lock the rear diff(not sure how they do it) but they are real fast!!!!

found a link for the locked rear diff for ya!!!! http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...0RUSTLER/SLASH
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-17-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: merge
    This isnt a hobby its and addiction!!

RC Competitor
    thanks for the link what do you mean by the field tubing thing to lower it. are you saying to run it low with the shocks all the way out on the lower arm? as far as the camber whats your set up front rear left right

RC Qualifier
    you can put nitro fuel tube inside the shocks and lower it down
    Orange Powered
    Novak BL

RC Competitor
    Left turn oval setup: Get a LCG chassis, move the battery as far left as possible, and put stiffer springs on the right side shocks.

RC Racer
    set it up like a stock car stiff outside and soft inside tweak with the camber and toe to help corner

i recommend a slight lean to the inside of the track let me know how it works i was going to build a n oval around a off road track
    HOOAH!!