RC Qualifier

Where are the boats made?

Anyone have any idea where the boats are made?
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict

RC Qualifier
    by Santa and his Elves in their workshop?
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Qualifier
    well come on santa! xmas needs to come early

Edited for language. If you see a starred out word in your post, the word has been blocked by the language filter. Please remove these words from your post in the future, or warning points will likely be issued.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-08-2010 at 11:14 PM.

RC Champion
    Most of the Traxxas parts are made in Asia. I have seen an item here and there made in the Wester World. Some of the OWBs are stamped "Made in Germany"

R/C like anything else has to keep production cost down. From Traxxas production to Traxxas Texas, to distributor, to hobby shop to you. Every step has a profit margin and shipping cost.
    Last edited by OCD RC; 08-09-2010 at 03:21 AM.
    Pay It Forward.

Our Manufacturing plant is in Taiwan. We do all the R&D, support, engineering, marketing etc... from our headquarters in Texas.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Champion
    They might make the body clips in the USA.... LOL
    Hey Nitro, when the big boat full of Traxxas arrives from Taiwan, does all the stuff go to Traxxas first, then to Tower, A-Main etc., then the LHS's or does the Plano, TX shop not get the actual shipments ? Just curious as if everything comes to Traxxas first, that could enable the "Dell" custom order process easier ..... that we all want, not that anyone asked.... LOL

And if it's not top secret, does the Castle system get installed in Taiwan, or at Traxxas ? When I emailed Castle to upgrade my v1 MMM to v3 they said it would be free, but they would not add the connectors I wanted, they said I should ask Traxxas to take my newly upgraded v3 and make it just like what we see in the new BL E-Maxx and E-Revo....
    3905 E-MAXX

We have a California warehouse and a Texas warehouse. All product goes there first and is then shipped out to our distribution chain. From there it goes to the hobby shops.

All assembly is done in Taiwan including ESCs. The only time we get involved is when there is some kind of change that it is too late for Manufacturing to make. At that point everybody gets to come in to work on a Saturday and party Traxxas style!

If it is top secret I guess you will be seeing me at KFC.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Qualifier
    ^^^ NC eats chicken? Cannibalism? What the.....
    **I hope there are RCs in Heaven; EMBE + 6S FTW!**

RC Qualifier
    think he means if he wasnt supposed to tell that info he will be at kfc as the chicken you buy and eat?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken
    We have a California warehouse and a Texas warehouse. All product goes there first and is then shipped out to our distribution chain. From there it goes to the hobby shops.

All assembly is done in Taiwan including ESCs. The only time we get involved is when there is some kind of change that it is too late for Manufacturing to make. At that point everybody gets to come in to work on a Saturday and party Traxxas style!

If it is top secret I guess you will be seeing me at KFC.
    They got good Chicken!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer