Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Venice, FL
    Posts
    2,784
    Swap their Castle/Neu 2200 from their Emaxx, ERevo, in for the stock system ? Fine Design has alum water jackets for the Castle and Neu motors.

    I found this on the Castle website :

    http://www.castlecreations.com/products/neumotors/nm_boat_apps.html - nice chart for picking the best Neu motor for either "Sport" or Competition, all advising 8k-10k mAh....

    And anyone plan on using A123 packs ? 6s2p on each side, for 19.8volts series, 4600mAh on each pack, wired in parallel for 9,200mAh of very safe, super durable, able to go below LVC, super fast charge. Expensive and heavy, but the extra weight will handle better if the water is choppy.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-06-2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: merge
    3905 E-MAXX

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Bro that list you gave recomends a 1527 on 6s for a hull this size..
    http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...boat_apps.html
    Castle/Neu does not recomend the 1515 2200 for a boat this size
    and running A123 packs in a 2p setup adds a whole lot of weight that could actually cause extra drag on the hull and causing the motor to load and pull more amps
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    432
    Just because it doesn't recommend it doesn't mean it won't work. It would work better than the stock motor for sure, though I would prefer the water cooling of a boat esc.

    There is a big difference between an abs and fiberglass hull.

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by trx33
    Just because it doesn't recommend it doesn't mean it won't work. It would work better than the stock motor for sure, though I would prefer the water cooling of a boat esc.

    There is a big difference between an abs and fiberglass hull.
    You can only run the 1515 2200kv on 4s in this boat..
    so the top speed will not be any faster
    and the difference between abs and fibreglass has no real value with this motor
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    You can only run the 1515 2200kv on 4s in this boat..
    Who said?..I'll run it on 6s if I want...

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    182
    Now, now girls.... Stop your bickering . The boat's not even out yet and people are saying what it can and can't do. Wait till you get one and then let us know what it is capable of
    O S E !!!! The place to be !!!!

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by trx33
    Who said?..I'll run it on 6s if I want...
    anyone with FE knowledge knows, you don't want to run a hull this size with a motor running unloaded rpms of 48,840!
    that will smoke the motor and the esc
    now if you could find a 1515 motor with a kv rating of 1400rpm, and run that on 6s in a hull this size, could be something in the right direction
    and even better if someone want's Castle, a Neu/Castle 1520 1Y on 6s would make this hull fly!
    but you will need a new esc to go with it...
    Last edited by filmmaker; 08-18-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    432
    Why would you go to a 1400kV when the factory is 1600? No reason to drop RPMs.

    Sure, 2200kV isn't optimal, but propped correctly, it can work.

    I guess we'll have to wait until the boat comes out to see...

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Venice, FL
    Posts
    2,784
    I did't mean that the 2200 motor was ideal, what I meant was... knowing how fast people strip the factory system out of every new vehicle and upgrade, I was kind of jokingly wondering who will be the first to take their BL Emaxx or ERevo Castle motor out and drop it in to see how it does..... It's the nature of the Traxxas fan, to try the stock system out, and immediately start dumping more money into their RC... Plus I guess I kinda just expect blue can motor failures, since they aren't the highest quality. Let's hope the new 6s ESC will be better than the new blue EVX2 when it came out - they were smoking like crazy it seemed.

    I'd love to see an Outboard motor too, get licensed from Mercury for twin 275's or something, with remote power tilt ! I'm sure this drive sytstem is very efficient but these days "scale" realism is the rage in RC cars etc, so I'd like to see Inboard/Outboards and Jet Pumps... That would be sweet to have remote ability to adjust the rooster tail ! I found some cool scale stuff at Offshore Electrics....
















    www.finedesignrc.com
    www.offshoreelectrics.com

    Hey Film,

    Do you have some links for other FE boat sites that have info on boats?

    Traxxas has had the Villain, Blast, and the innovative Nitro-Vee with electric drive if the nitro pooped out. (Another TRX innovation!) Those boats didn't need a lot of support, plug in one or two 6 cell packs and done.

    But this new Extremely fast Titan takes 6s Lipo, and there is going to need to be a lot of support in the forum, and I don't think there are many FE experts in here except you. You might want to ask TRX if you can be a guest Marshall/Mod.

    Oh by the way TRX... since I live in FL, I volunteer to be a mod/marshall for the boat, if you send me one.... :-) as I can test year round in lake and Gulf of Mexico.... I'll be waiting for your call Nitro Chicken.....
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-20-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: merge
    3905 E-MAXX

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by trx33
    Why would you go to a 1400kV when the factory is 1600? No reason to drop RPMs.

    Sure, 2200kV isn't optimal, but propped correctly, it can work.

    I guess we'll have to wait until the boat comes out to see...
    In FE Boats, it is always better to drop KV and up the volts in bigger hulls
    to spin that many rpms with the 2200kv motor on 6s you would need a small prop and that would be to small for this hull..
    all the prop would do is cavitate
    the sweet spot with FE Boats seems to be 30,000rpm unloaded

    Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT
    Hey Film,

    Do you have some links for other FE boat sites that have info on boats?

    Traxxas has had the Villain, Blast, and the innovative Nitro-Vee with electric drive if the nitro pooped out. (Another TRX innovation!) Those boats didn't need a lot of support, plug in one or two 6 cell packs and done.

    But this new Extremely fast Titan takes 6s Lipo, and there is going to need to be a lot of support in the forum, and I don't think there are many FE experts in here except you. You might want to ask TRX if you can be a guest Marshall/Mod.

    Oh by the way TRX... since I live in FL, I volunteer to be a mod/marshall for the boat, if you send me one.... :-) as I can test year round in lake and Gulf of Mexico.... I'll be waiting for your call Nitro Chicken.....
    Thanks bro
    I love reading up on OSE, they have many racers over there and a couple who actually work with companies who are now building RTR boats
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-20-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: merge
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    In FE Boats, it is always better to drop KV and up the volts in bigger hulls
    to spin that many rpms with the 2200kv motor on 6s you would need a small prop and that would be to small for this hull..
    all the prop would do is cavitate
    the sweet spot with FE Boats seems to be 30,000rpm unloaded
    What is this cavitate you speak of? I researched online on wiki and even a couple vids on youtube but still don't get exactly why it would do this and what is actually happening in the process. What is a solution to this...getting a bigger/small prop, lowering/increasing output power?
    **I hope there are RCs in Heaven; EMBE + 6S FTW!**

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli72
    What is this cavitate you speak of? I researched online on wiki and even a couple vids on youtube but still don't get exactly why it would do this and what is actually happening in the process. What is a solution to this...getting a bigger/small prop, lowering/increasing output power?
    props are like gearing in a Monster Truck
    to much gearing and things heat up, so you need to prop down as to not pull as many amps
    but with a hull this size, and going with a prop that is much smaller to match the very high rpms of a 2200kv motor on 6s, the prop would mostly just spin and not move the hull much
    so to go down kv to 1400kv and a bigger motor like a 1520 Neu/Castle and prop up to a 45mm prop would wake this baby up!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •