Thread: Neu motors

RC Competitor

Neu motors

Has any one tried to puta Neu motor with an MMM esc because sme neu motors are really powerful

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

FYI, castle motors are licensed copies of the neu motors- they are tweaked to make them more suitable for use in ground vehicles ( neu motors are more aimed at planes, helis and boats ).

Depending on what you want to acheive exactly, there are 3 flavours of castleneu motor that you could use with the MMM in your erevo:

1515 1y 2200kv = the stock motor in the BL erevo, good for 4-6s use= very fast on 6s, but would be hard to breach 70mph without alot of work.

1518 1y 1800kv = longer motor, slightly lower kv, a great motor for 6s use as it will run cooler and develop more torque- good for a speed machine or heavier truck.

1520 1y 1600kv = massive motor, probably wont actually fit, but if you could get it to, then it would eat the driveline for breakfast and run cool all day long, even in a very overweight truck- best suited for 6s use.

Like I said, depends what you are trying to acheive really, but a genuine Neu motor will only be a tiny bit more powerful & efficient than a comparable CastlenNeu. As it is, people have been running Neus in r/c trucks for a decade or more probably....
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    I have actual Neu, Tekno Neu, and Castle Neu motors and have found my Tekno Neu and Neu motor more reliable then the Castle Neu. Both Tekno and actual Neu motors are made by Neu themselves. Can't say why the Castle's aren't holding up aside from the build and component quality (mass market Chinese vs. hand made in US)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not exactly mass-market- they are made in a factory owned and operated by Castle, built to Neu specs, and only sold under the Castle or HPI badge ( traxxas didnt even bother trying to hide the fact they are castle motors ( or escs ) like HPI do ).

They are also hand assembled as they cant be machine wound- American fingers > chinese fingers it seems :P

What issues have you had, just out of curiousity?..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by padrino
    I have actual Neu, Tekno Neu, and Castle Neu motors and have found my Tekno Neu and Neu motor more reliable then the Castle Neu. Both Tekno and actual Neu motors are made by Neu themselves. Can't say why the Castle's aren't holding up aside from the build and component quality (mass market Chinese vs. hand made in US)

Im curious as to what kind of problems youve had too. I mainly run 6s and my Castle 2200 is still in awsome shape, and is 2 years old. The amount of power it puts down is disgusting. I also have a T8 2250 that I believe was designed by Neu as well, and its pretty wicked too..
    MBX5T|MMM/2200kv|16/46|Hitec 7955TG|KingHeadz

RC poster
    hallo do you know if i use 1515 2y 1100kv on 12s 8 to 9 pound toy, if it would run cool or i should go with 1515 3y 725 kv thank you so mutch for your input
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post

FYI, castle motors are licensed copies of the neu motors- they are tweaked to make them more suitable for use in ground vehicles ( neu motors are more aimed at planes, helis and boats ).

Depending on what you want to acheive exactly, there are 3 flavours of castleneu motor that you could use with the MMM in your erevo:

1515 1y 2200kv = the stock motor in the BL erevo, good for 4-6s use= very fast on 6s, but would be hard to breach 70mph without alot of work.

1518 1y 1800kv = longer motor, slightly lower kv, a great motor for 6s use as it will run cooler and develop more torque- good for a speed machine or heavier truck.

1520 1y 1600kv = massive motor, probably wont actually fit, but if you could get it to, then it would eat the driveline for breakfast and run cool all day long, even in a very overweight truck- best suited for 6s use.

Like I said, depends what you are trying to acheive really, but a genuine Neu motor will only be a tiny bit more powerful & efficient than a comparable CastlenNeu. As it is, people have been running Neus in r/c trucks for a decade or more probably....

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    You gotta post pics of this truck...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    I run and have for over 6 years an original NEU 1515 1Y with a MMM and have consistent speed runs at 80+ mph. There is no significant mod to my EREVO. I do run HPI Phatlines and a HD slipper clutch, hardly significant. Geared 28/50 the truck will do 80+ all day long with the setup.
    " SENSELESS " - The adjective that says it all....