RC Enthusiast

E-Revo Batteries

I am looking for good nimh batteries for my E-Revo that will last. My old set of 8.4v 4600mAh batteries melted after a few month's and I want a higher quality battery. Would something like this last? If not, what is a good battery?

--- http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LM0786&P=ML ---

Thanks
    E-Revo

RC Competitor
    those batteries are very good I used to have a pair but The co nectors melted I them more I switched to Orion packs

RC Qualifier
    I use to run team orion 8.4v 4500mah nimh packs in my emaxx before I switched to lipo, and they worked real well. Lots of punch to them.
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...or-84V-4500mAh

And if you feel in the spending mood... they have packs with more in the tank
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...or-84V-5100mAh

go lipo.... you'll never look back.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Champion
    I've got some of those NiMH Rocket packs and don't really care much for them in my E-Revo and that truck gets them HOT no matter what motor and gearing I'm using. I'm still using NiMH packs, but want to eventually get the packs below for my E-Revo, even though I'm only running a Titan 775/EVX2 combo.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=ORI14140
    Aw, Biscuits!

I do have extra pair of 5200mah 30c lipo set aroun. PM me if interested, I'll let them go cheap.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Qualifier
    Minnesota, hey look it's snowing again...
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Crazy
    go lipo.... you'll never look back.
    +1 once you go lipo you will never go back to nimh.
    Suzuki
    Way of Life!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea al'Thor
    +1 once you go lipo you will never go back to nimh.
    ...Unless you have a calamity with them

RC Enthusiast
    Cheapbatterypacks.com has good batteries. You can buy premade packs or make your own.

RC poster
    If you're sticking with nimh check out promatch.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Revo guy 484
    ...Unless you have a calamity with them
    Considering the calamitys I've had with NiMH in mine, those LiPo's I have the link on will be a major improvement
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Racer
    can you use a lipo with a complete stock BRUSHED erevo?????!!! :S

RC Champion
    Of course, as long as you also get a lipo alarm.

RC Champion
    īGo Lipo with lipo alarm... you wont regret.... get team orion.. they are made for the erevo... and then if you one day
    go brushless you have a great match
    Slightly Addicted

RC Qualifier
    I have had fewer problems with Lipos then I did with the nimh. Nimh got hot, melted the plastic cover. After awhile I was more afraid of nimh battery explosion and fire then I have every been with the Lipo's. Made the change to lipo's, much happier.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Relyt View Post
    If you're sticking with nimh check out promatch.
    YES .... Totally agree. http://www.promatchracing.com/products.php?cat=27
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Racer
    I am on the fence with going Li-Po ... after seeing videos on YouTube I am concerned about burning the house down. I have two E-Revo's brushed (1x 775 and 1x 2-550). I am new to Li-Po so I am looking for some re-assurance and some recommendation for a couple of great Li-Pos and a charger for these E-Revos. Still don't want to burn the house down ....

Thanks for the help ...

RC Champion
    If you treat LiPos properly and store them in a fireproof area (i.e. a metal box or lipo bag), there's no way to cause any damage to them. Just make sure you follow the charging instructions.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Most lipo fires you see are caused deliberately to demonstrate what happens to a lipo when its either damaged, punctured, or overcharged etc Have you ever considered that a nimh cell can explode? They are like small metal shotgun cartridges that scatter metal shards & toxic chemicals everywhere when overcharged or overheated; lipos merely flame up really well, with no real shrapnel since they are only soft foil pouches ( same toxic inards though ).

As for 'what am best lipos?' , use the click the 'search forum' button & type in lipos or batteries; you will get far more useful results that way vs asking the same tired old question & getting fewer & fewer responses each time ( it gets wary after a while as Im sure you can appreciate with such common questions... ).

At a basic level, you will need a pair of 25-30c 2s ( 7.4v ) lipos, in 4500mah capacity or greater; if you are considering BL in the future, then make that 30-40c 5000mah. You will also need an LVC device to prevent the lipos from over-discharging, along with a lipo charger. All the info you will ever need & more can be located here:

EREVO FAQ

TUTORIALS

Refer to this to find parts, upgrades, batts & chargers etc:

USEFUL LINKS

Tutorials page covers BL systems, lipo batts, LVC devices & lipo chargers + charging info; there are links galore to find everything you need too. As for brand of lipos, the Blue lipos, Sky lipos & Gens Ace packs from hobbypartz.com are great value and perform well ( especially in brushed vehicles ), just follow the instructions & advice for charging and looking after the lipos and you wont suffer any incidents.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    I have never timed my runs, or really broken in a pack. Try talking to the packs manufacturer or vendor to see what the say about it. As for run times, I have always just run until i reach LVC ( low voltage cutoff ) which i've set a little bit higher at 3.5v per cell just to be safe in most cases.
    SlashVXL-ERBE-Slash4x4PE-RustlerVXL-1/16SlashSW2

RC poster
    I just went Lipo and Dewalt on my Revo last week, the difference in power and runtime is rediculous! I have a kershaw designs LVC and a pair of Gens Ace 5000mah 40C hardshell, 21/68 gearing. I'm probably getting 30min of really hard running and the batteries motor and esc don't even get luke warm....but this is in snow too. I have 2 NiMh packs that I will probably never use again, I'll sell them really cheap, I don't know the specs...

The GensAce packs were $35 hobbypartz . com, they're not made to fit a revo so I broke them open and rewired them then sealed them back up.