RC Racer

Post MIP CVD's for Nitro 4-TEC

What do they do and should I get them.

------------------
    -MB Nitro
    Nitro Forever!!

RC Enthusiast

They are metal drive shafts. I have heard alot of bad and alot of good about them. My friend had them on his N. Stampeed and he kept cracking them. I stay with the stock plastic pieces and he does now too. That is my 2 cents

RC Champion

No, get them! I have had them for a long time, and they work awesome! Typically, offroaders will break things like that anyway. I have never broken my CVDs. Plus they come with the steel yolkes.

They work to improve the handling and accel my having less drive and steering axle friction. They can take more of a hit that the stock plastic ones. I have to say they are one of my most favorite hop ups on my whole car

- Rick -

------------------
    2000 GOLD COBRA MUSTANG KICKS!

RC poster

If you do get them, make sure you use enough thread lock on the outdrive cups. I had a one come loose enough that it rounded out the gear hub. I've since replaced the gear hub and have had no problem since. BTW, I would go with the Shiny CVD's. The alums. will wear out quickly. They look a lot better than the stock plastic ones.

RC Racer

Thanks for the feedback and I will try the Shiny CVD's.

------------------
    -MB Nitro
    Nitro Forever!!

RC Racer

Just FYI:

MIP has 3 versions of CVD kits:

Aluminum, Shiny, Original

All will vary in price and in strength; the AL ones are not as strong as the Shiny or Original black CVDs; they will wear faster, like RC Rick said.

I use both the Shiny and Original black CVDs on my 4TEC and they work absolutely perfect; you cant go wrong with this hop-up.

RC Enthusiast
    I know this post is 11 years old, but they are the best hop-up for the 4tec. They have sence been discontinued, and are very hard to find. But i just got some last week extremly over priced of course. but are well worth what i paid. If you can find them get them!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsmanblue508 View Post
    I know this post is 11 years old, but they are the best hop-up for the 4tec. They have sence been discontinued, and are very hard to find. But i just got some last week extremly over priced of course. but are well worth what i paid. If you can find them get them!
    LUCKY!! Been looking for ever, guess I didn't try hard enough!
    N4tec x3
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler-in a box

RC Enthusiast
    I know this is an old post but has any one ever tried using other touring car cvd on a 4 tec .....I actully have a set in great shape bout them about 10 years ago for my electric but mod the drive cups

RC Qualifier
    I want them for my tmaxx...... but the 4tec has so little traction that i thing the plastic ones are fine.

Btw what to use for tire glue? I keep loosing tires..... they fly off and roll a mile away. I am using crazy glue.

Use CA glue that is specially made for tires. Make sure that the rims and tire beads are nice and clean before regluing the tires.
    The Super Derecho