RC Qualifier

Monster truck wheels!

So I need some advice from those running MT wheels on their slash. Mostly I wanted to know what gearing and or power system you are using.

I will be running MT badlands.

My current set up is 56t 32p spur, robinson racing slipper unit, and ?t pinion.
    I would like to run my veleneon combo on 2s and go roughley 30 or so.
    So a 14t pinion should accomplish this.

However I was thinking maybe a castle neu 2650 on 3s with a MMM or MMP. So I can gear to go a bit faster and not worry about heat.

Any suggestions?
    ENJOY the hobby, don't HATE it.

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    as long as the tires are not taller and wider that what is used on the stampede you will be okay. The front end has so much caster built in it becomes hard for a servo to turn large tires.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Enthusiast
    I run Stamped wheels on my VXL brushless Slash and I can run 28pinion/83spur on flat roads with no over heating after hard and fast running for over 20 min. with a 5200mAh Orion carbon lipo, unless I do way to many donuts than it gets hot, I also run 21pinion/83spur on a Off-Road Track with a triple jump, and in my back yard on grass with no over heating problems, I do check temps about every 5 mins os so with a digital temp. A tip add more glue to what ever tires you run, mine came loose after less than 5 mins of running hard with a brushless motor.

RC Qualifier
    I will be using a high torque servo for sure. I think I will be using a MMM 2650 on 3s for power as well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You may find that combo is very heavy on the back of the truck. The torque may also be a problem for your driveshafts.
    Id go with an MMP ESC and a VXL motor. Great combo, lots of torque, lots of speed and the motor will run cool.
    I ran my slash MT with 30 series badlands and a VXL system geared 16/90 for bashing. It did 30mph on 3S for sure and pulled crazy wheelies. I would gear it up to 18/86 for high speed running. If you do the math on those ratios you can find a 32p option and youll be fine. If your concerned about heat at all... get an aluminum tranny and youll have no issues.
    Heres a vid of my 3S VXL Slash MT with paddle tires, just so you can see what I meant about speed. This was geared 16/90.
    Slash MT VXL
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Buy a Revo or Tmaxx...
    Traxxas Jato 3.3
    Losi XXX-NT Adam Drake Edition

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Glockafella, I have owned a Revo, and Emaxx this thread isn't about what I should buy.

pavmentsurfer - I am worried about the driveshafts holding up to the abuse I want to lay out. I will find a solution after I get it up and running. I imagine the driveshafts will be the weak link.

Here are two sneak peaks, still waiting on the aluminum tranny casing, a new servo and of coarse something with more power to get this guy around.