Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Any one using Losi Ten T shocks?

I used Losi 8 front shocks all around on my first 4x4 Slash. I was wondering if any one has or is using the Ten T shocks since they are lighter and a bit smaller. Looks like I can piece a brand new set together from Amain for the same price the as the "Big Bores".

Just looking for feedback from any one who may have some experience with these shocks.

RC Racer
    link to all the pieces plz ? or pm
    Kyosho scr-sp
    8ight-t 2.0e
    Xray T1FK05
    Merv

RC Qualifier
    slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for that link. Looks like I'm going to go that route.

85GT, here is the list. All in stock at Amain

LOSB2906 - Team Losi Shock Rebuild Set (2) (Ten-T)-----x2
    $4.29 $8.58

LOSB2962 - Team Losi Front and Rear Shock Spring Set (4) (Gold–Firm) (Ten-T)---1
    $5.99 $5.99

LOSB2825 - Team Losi Front Shock Body Set (Ten-T)---1
    $11.99 $11.99

LOSB2826 - Team Losi Rear Shock Body Set (Ten-T)---1
    $12.75 $12.75

LOSB2845 - Team Losi Front & Rear Shock Shaft Set (4) (Ten-T)---1
    $8.49 $8.49

LOSB2905 - Team Losi Front & Rear Shock Boots (8) (Ten-T)---1
    $5.09 $5.09

LOSB2904 - Team Losi Front & Rear Shock Plastics & Ball Set (4) (Ten-T)---1
    $5.99 $5.99
    Last edited by rlopez; 07-20-2010 at 07:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopez
    Thanks for that link. Looks like I'm going to go that route.

85GT, here is the list. All in stock at Amain

LOSB2906 - Team Losi Shock Rebuild Set (2) (Ten-T)-----x2
    $4.29 $8.58

LOSB2962 - Team Losi Front and Rear Shock Spring Set (4) (Gold–Firm) (Ten-T)---1
    $5.99 $5.99

LOSB2825 - Team Losi Front Shock Body Set (Ten-T)---1
    $11.99 $11.99

LOSB2826 - Team Losi Rear Shock Body Set (Ten-T)---1
    $12.75 $12.75

LOSB2845 - Team Losi Front & Rear Shock Shaft Set (4) (Ten-T)---1
    $8.49 $8.49

LOSB2905 - Team Losi Front & Rear Shock Boots (8) (Ten-T)---1
    $5.09 $5.09

LOSB2904 - Team Losi Front & Rear Shock Plastics & Ball Set (4) (Ten-T)---1
    $5.99 $5.99
    I'm gonna give them a try also. I found a used set on the bay for $15 shipped. They need two rod ends. Let me know how you like them once you get them up and running. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Amain sent me a $20 off $50 order so I bought them for $49 shipped(I have to pay taxes since I'm in Cali)

I'll post up how they work when I get them all built.

RC Racer
    I just ordered the 8 shocks
    Kyosho scr-sp
    8ight-t 2.0e
    Xray T1FK05
    Merv

RC Qualifier
    Losi 8 shocks work great but are a bit much for the truck unless you have the added weight of a MMM system with 3 or 4S.

I have my Ten T shocks mounted and they are awesome, but I got the hard springs because that's all that was in stock. I need to get the medium springs and it will be perfect.

RC Qualifier
    Losi 8 shocks work great but are a bit much for the truck unless you have the added weight of a MMM system with 3 or 4S.

I have my Ten T shocks mounted and they are awesome, but I got the hard springs because that's all that was in stock. I need to get the medium springs and it will be perfect.
    Glad to hear they are working out for you. I expect to get mine tomorrow.

RC Racer
    Just wondering; what makes the Losi shocks better than the Big Bore shocks?
    Are they just designed better? Details please.

I have a Ultimate coming tomorrow and from reading further in the Slash 4x4 section; I am wondering if I should have gone with the standard version instead and got all aftermarket parts. This option would cost a bit more, but may be worth the additional cost rather than PE or ULT editions.

Thanks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL
    Just wondering; what makes the Losi shocks better than the Big Bore shocks?
    Are they just designed better? Details please.

I have a Ultimate coming tomorrow and from reading further in the Slash 4x4 section; I am wondering if I should have gone with the standard version instead and got all aftermarket parts. This option would cost a bit more, but may be worth the additional cost rather than PE or ULT editions.

Thanks
    The big bore shocks were designed for the bandit/pede/rustler slash 2wd not for the weight of the 4wd slash. That and the 8ight shocks are cheaper than powerstrokes. The ten-t shocks are probably a better fit. I couldn't find any complete shocks and u didn't wanna build them because I hate building shocks lol. So I got 4 losi 8ight 2.0 shocks assembled for 70 shipped to my door that's 30 or so cheaper than the powerstrokes but it's more than the ten-t. Like I sai though I don't like building shocks and I couldn't find any pre made so I go the 8ight

Look at the size difference

Please keep all images to a width of 640 pixels or less.
    -ksb51rl

If I didn't know better, I'd say that was my pic.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-26-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    Kyosho scr-sp
    8ight-t 2.0e
    Xray T1FK05
    Merv

RC Qualifier
    INFRNL, the Ten T shocks are better than the stock shocks or the big bores in the sense that they have a bigger volume, thicker shock shafts, threaded bodies, and IMO the cap seals better. No matter what I did I could to get my stock shocks from leaking from the cap. The Ten T shocks are made for a 6 pound truck so they are easier to tune for a 4 pound truck with lighter oils and softer springs. The Traxxas shocks were made for a 2 pound truck and are expected to work well on a 5 pound truck.....just isn't going to happen, IMO.

RC Qualifier
    INFRNL, the Ten T shocks are better than the stock shocks or the big bores in the sense that they have a bigger volume, thicker shock shafts, threaded bodies, and IMO the cap seals better. No matter what I did I could to get my stock shocks from leaking from the cap. The Ten T shocks are made for a 6 pound truck so they are easier to tune for a 4 pound truck with lighter oils and softer springs. The Traxxas shocks were made for a 2 pound truck and are expected to work well on a 5 pound truck.....just isn't going to happen, IMO.
    I got my Losi Ten T shocks mounted up today, the fit is nice and they feel good. I hope to take them out for a test run later tonight.

RC Racer
    Let me know how the test run goes
    Kyosho scr-sp
    8ight-t 2.0e
    Xray T1FK05
    Merv

RC Qualifier
    Here are some pictures for you guys. A Main only had hard springs in stock and my medium and soft springs will be here from losipartshouse tomorrow. Running 25wt oil right now but with the hard springs but they have too much rebound. Gonna try the soft and medium tomorrow when they arrive and see which works best. They are 14mm bore, 3.5mm tempered steel shafts, and threaded bodies....Awesome upgrade!!!
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...5/IMG_6572.jpg
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...5/IMG_6573.jpg
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...5/IMG_6575.jpg
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...5/IMG_6571.jpg

Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-30-2010 at 02:29 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 84 GT 5.0
    Let me know how the test run goes
    Finally got to try out the ten t shocks today. Very impressed! They handle much better than the stockers even with the extra weight of the mmm/2650 and the rc solutions roll cage. Money well spent.

RC Racer
    My losi 8ights came in today need to run to my lhs get some 25wt I am excited to get them mounted up
    Kyosho scr-sp
    8ight-t 2.0e
    Xray T1FK05
    Merv

RC Qualifier
    Tested mine last night an was impressed as well. Settled on 35wt in the rear with medium springs and 25wt in the front with medium springs. Night and day handling with no leaks.

RC Qualifier
    So are the ten-t shocks able to work in all hole locations then? And also are thay the same length front being shorter and all then the rears? I need to do something because my ultimate is way to heavy for the big bores and even the 4.1 and 3.8 losi springs. It sags and I have to have way to much preload on the springs just to get it to sit level.
    Thanks

and can you just get these shocks in a complete kit already built? I hate building shocks also.
    Last edited by rjames; 07-30-2010 at 12:41 AM.
    Slash 4x4 ultimate MMM 2650

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rjames
    So are the ten-t shocks able to work in all hole locations then? And also are thay the same length front being shorter and all then the rears? I need to do something because my ultimate is way to heavy for the big bores and even the 4.1 and 3.8 losi springs. It sags and I have to have way to much preload on the springs just to get it to sit level.
    Thanks

and can you just get these shocks in a complete kit already built? I hate building shocks also.
    It appears they will work in all loactions, but I have not tried all of them. The fronts are shorter than the rears and I bought mine used on the bay preassembled. I have not seen them preassembled new, but I think they would be pretty easy to build.

RC Qualifier
    Rjames, they fit every shock location on the tower and on the arms. They also are an exact fit as far as length. Losi shocks are super easy to build because the piston is held on by a nut, not a "c" clip. Had mine built an filled in a few minutes.

OK, ran it at the track on Wednesday and the 25wt oil all around and medium springs. The rear was bucking on certain jumps so I went with 35wt in the rear and the truck felt dialed! This was with the back cage I built that weighs 10 ounces. I'm going to remove the cage as soon as I get a new body and don't think I'll be running it any more so we'll see if I have to go back to 25wt or 30wt with the lighter rear end.

But over all, there was much improvement and the truck felt very smooth while power drifting through corners. It didn't lean as much and carried more speed through the corners with out sacrificing travel. I was able to come out of the "S" curve and set up for the double in front easier, and faster than before. The truck was actually going where I was pointing it. The truck also didn't slap the ground as before with the stock shocks. The new one make for very smooth landings.

RC Qualifier
    Rjames, they fit every shock location on the tower and on the arms. They also are an exact fit as far as length.

.[/B]
    Cool so you say the rears are longer that the fronts? Because it shows different shock bodies in the rear as the fronts but shows all the same length shock shafts.

RC Qualifier
    The shocks aren't the same length. The shafts just all come in a pack together and its hard to tell from pictures. Both the rear bodies and shafts are longer.

RC Qualifier
    The shocks aren't the same length. The shafts just all come in a pack together and its hard to tell from pictures. Both the rear bodies and shafts are longer.
    My fault I just realized that the shaft set comes with front and rear in the same kit. LOSB2845 - Team Losi Front & Rear Shock Shaft Set (4) (Ten-T)---1
    $8.49 $8.49
    So there is 2for the front and 2 for the rear and they are different lenghts. Ahah

are there different springs for this set up then? and not just the gold you mentioned?
    i am going to call the LHS and get all the parts to do this.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-31-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    You can find every part number for the shocks and springs here. Yes, they have medium and soft springs.
    http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...cks/Categories

RC Racer
    Got my 8ights mounted with the stock oil 40wt I think and yeah way to stiff up front, I couldn't help it I wanted to see them on the truck. I will definitely be switching to 25 or 30 up front. The rears felt ok. Though hopefully I get to drive it tomorrow.
    Kyosho scr-sp
    8ight-t 2.0e
    Xray T1FK05
    Merv

RC Qualifier
    Right on! Let us know how it goes.

RC Racer
    I got to run 1 pack through my slash with my newly installed 8ight shocks. I love them the truck jumps much better and lands much better. I'm gonna try some more running stuff with them but I'm really like thin at the moment
    Kyosho scr-sp
    8ight-t 2.0e
    Xray T1FK05
    Merv

RC Qualifier
    I'm running Losi 8 shocks; f/37.5w n red springs - r/27.5w n silver springs and it was dialed in 2 Saturday ago, also I have 2 inner shims in my rears giving me a shock length of 107mm (this was the change that made the most difference with the Losi 8 shocks). My shock locations for the shock towers are in the middle and for the front they are in the third hole from the wheel and for the rear there all the first hole closest to the wheel. Ambient temps were up to 100* out here in PA that Saturday which is the reason that I went up 5 for both f/r. Usually it's f/32.5 n r/22.5.
    But I'm interested in hearing more about the Ten-T shocks w/ firmer springs in front and medium springs in the rear with maybe a 35w/f and 25w/r (just a starting point). Let me know the results if any one wants to try it, only because I'm thinking about getting a pair to be able to visit another local track that doesn't allow 1/8 scale shocks on the 1/10 scale Short Course Trucks Races
    Last edited by KingdomRacer; 08-02-2010 at 11:23 PM.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC Qualifier
    The hard springs are too much for this truck. The truck is too light. Keep in mind the Slash weight 4 pounds and the Ten T weighs 6 pounds. The hard springs in the front cause the truck to rebound too much and wheelie on landings. IMO, medium springs are the ticket, then you can tune them with the oil of your choice.

RC Qualifier
    The hard springs are too much for this truck. The truck is too light. Keep in mind the Slash weight 4 pounds and the Ten T weighs 6 pounds. The hard springs in the front cause the truck to rebound too much and wheelie on landings. IMO, medium springs are the ticket, then you can tune them with the oil of your choice.
    What did you do to mount the top of the shock in the tower. Bolt wise? The hole is a tad bigger on the Ten-T shock cap.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rjames
    What did you do to mount the top of the shock in the tower. Bolt wise? The hole is a tad bigger on the Ten-T shock cap.
    I used the Losi mounting harware on the top and the Traxxas hardware on bottom.

RC Competitor
    I sold my Powerstrokes and bought the Ten T shocks yesterday, should be here by Saturday or so.
    Cant wait to try them out,
    Thanks again Raf!!!

RC Qualifier
    Ok I just picked up all the parts for these and I have one question. In the plastic kit there is enough parts for the 4 shocks but there is only enough ball ends for one on each shock. What did everyone do for the other end before mounting them? And witch end did they get used on? I cannot find any instructions on building these so any help would be appr.

Also my truck with the body on,wheels on and battery in it it weighs 7.025lbs. So which oil does anyone recommend and should I just use the firm springs? I have all 3 sets of springs.

OK I found the rebuild instruction for the shocks.
    Last edited by rjames; 08-04-2010 at 10:21 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Well if anyone is wondering if the ten-t shocks are different in length, here is a side by side comparison pic. I think these will work well in my truck with the extra weight it has. The only thing I do not like is it has alot of side to side movement in the shaft. The piston does not fit very tight in the bore and causes this movement. I hope it does not cause it to be any weaker in that spot. Now I just need to decide witch springs to use. I think I may try the medium for starters. I have 40wt in the front and 30wt in the rear. Now I just need to find a simulated rythm section to fly across.

RC Qualifier
    Ok my newest update. 40/30 wt for the shocks is WAY too much imo. After putting that weight in the shocks, the rebound and cushion was way too slow in reacting. These springs are too heavy for this truck even though it has extra weight. I may poke out an extra hole in the piston to loosen it up a bit but I need to try it out like I have it now first. After putting 40/30 in it and the light springs in it, I would drop it on the ground and the truck would just bounce back up 2 times before settling. The dampening was way to slow on the rebound and just would cause it to bounce. I decided to take out all the oil and start over and what I got to "feel" the best with the drop test is 25wt up front and 20wt in the rear and using the medium springs (black) with this the truck does not want to "bounce" back in the air after the drop. The dampening is a tad bit better than stock shocks with 40f/30r was. The speed of the rebound is just about the same as with the big bores also.
    I think because of the size difference in the shock bore it is going to cause me to use lower viscosity oils to keep this thing planted. I am going to try to go to the track here in a bit and run this thing down the bumpy straight to see how it rides over them at speed.

RC Qualifier
    rjames, get away from the heavy oil mindset with these shocks. IMO, heavy oil is necessary when a shocks is being forced to perform outside of its scope, I.E. a heavy truck with small volume shocks. I'm running 25 in the front and 35 in the rear with medium springs and its runs awesome!! Some people may opt to drill out the holes bigger or drill a 3rd hole out, but for me and my style of driving I find that oil combo to be good. Losi shocks don't typically need thicker oil like the others do. Heck, I ran 35wt all around on my 8E and it was a heavy pig but it handled awesome!!

RC Qualifier
    rjames, get away from the heavy oil mindset with these shocks. IMO, heavy oil is necessary when a shocks is being forced to perform outside of its scope, I.E. a heavy truck with small volume shocks. I'm running 25 in the front and 35 in the rear with medium springs and its runs awesome!! Some people may opt to drill out the holes bigger or drill a 3rd hole out, but for me and my style of driving I find that oil combo to be good. Losi shocks don't typically need thicker oil like the others do. Heck, I ran 35wt all around on my 8E and it was a heavy pig but it handled awesome!!
    100% agree. I may even go a bit lighter on the oil. I will have to wait oto see tomm how it does over at the track. The holes in the piston are much too small for anything thicker than 30wt imo. With the 25 front and 20 rear this thing rebounds nicely and seems to handle rough terrain ok.
    I just need to put some fuel tubing inside the rear to lower the truck as this thing sits to high and likes to traction roll in the rear. The front's are perfect height though.
    Last edited by rjames; 08-05-2010 at 08:40 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Just make sure you use new fuel line. Nitro tends to wear it out then it will split.

I'm glad people are opening their eyes to what the truck should of came with as far as shocks. These shocks own!!

RC Qualifier
    Just make sure you use new fuel line. Nitro tends to wear it out then it will split.

I'm glad people are opening their eyes to what the truck should of came with as far as shocks. These shocks own!!
    Well for now I decided to just zip tie the springs down because if I use fuel tubing in the shock I will not be able to raise it back up if needed easily. I was able to pull 2 coils down on each and get the drive shafts to sit level @ ride height. I would love to find shorter shafts for these and just do it right. I guess I will have to do some research.