RC Racer

Cleaning with a MMM 2650 combo

For those of you who clean your trucks, how are you doing it with the MMM 2650 combo not being waterproof? I have used baby wipes in the past but wanted to know what has worked for you.

Thanks!
    4x4 Slash PE

RC Qualifier
    I used canned air, costco carries canned air at 6 cans for $17.99 and the pressure is very strong. I also use a tooth brush, small paint brush and stiff brush to get all the dirt that dries on the R/C. I also use WD40 to clean everything down good and it also assist with repelling dirt/dust later on.

The other way you can clean it off if you want to use water on the 4X4 just tilt it so the front wheels are up in the air and rinse of the rear wheels and area once all the water drains off, do the same for the opposite. Then take canned air or pressured air and blow off the water. Just keep in mind that eventually you'll need to clean your bearings because they will rust eventually. That's my .02 cents. Good Luck!!
    FangsCPO
    "How fast was I going Officer?" Wow?

RC Qualifier
    I use a hose on low pressure and hold the truck at angles the water wont hit the esc or motor, then wipe it down with a rag. The good news is I never have to clean it much cause its always broke or waiting on parts.

RC Champion
    You could coat the ESC in Plasti-Dip to protect it from water.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FangsCPO
    I used canned air, costco carries canned air at 6 cans for $17.99 and the pressure is very strong. I also use a tooth brush, small paint brush and stiff brush to get all the dirt that dries on the R/C. I also use WD40 to clean everything down good and it also assist with repelling dirt/dust later on.

The other way you can clean it off if you want to use water on the 4X4 just tilt it so the front wheels are up in the air and rinse of the rear wheels and area once all the water drains off, do the same for the opposite. Then take canned air or pressured air and blow off the water. Just keep in mind that eventually you'll need to clean your bearings because they will rust eventually. That's my .02 cents. Good Luck!!
    I like using my compressor in the garage. If you don't have a full sized compressor this would do well:

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-qua...sor-90168.html

They sell kits with the air gun attachment.

If you are getting your air by the bottle this would pay itself of quickly.

***Edit***

The only drawback to using compressed air is if anything paper is wet it will blow right off the item.

RC Qualifier
    HK Brushless Summit!!!

RC Racer
    You guys rock, thanks!
    4x4 Slash PE