Thread: Better Radio...

RC poster

Better Radio...

Being a disabled person, I find the trigger on the stock 2.4ghz radio a little too resistant. Meaning it's too hard to squeeze! What I want to know is, are better radios like spektrum, airtronics, futaba, etc... going to have easier triggers??

My cousin is selling his spektrum dx3r and I'm considering buying but want to know if it will be any easier than the stock or are there better, easier radios?

Thanks

RC Competitor
    I'm not sure if there are radios out there with triggers that are easier to squeeze.

RC Competitor
    has any one opened one to see if the spring tension can be changed?

RC poster
    For example, HPI's radios are a lot easier for me!!

RC Champion
    Spektrum DX3S id defintly lighter trigger, the lenth you have to pull is less also. Grip if more comfortable .

Interesting thing is you can hold radio, work trigger and use thumb for streering controll.

The adjustablity with this radio is incrediable.

Al
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Champion
    I have 4 different kinds of radios and none seem easier that the Traxxas one... sorry man
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    Just hit up your LHS and see which one has the trigger feel you like best.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Racer
    I have Dx3S and a Traxxas Link 2.4Ghz; between the two the Dx3S is a little easier but not by much.

RC Qualifier
    sorry for a double post, my phone does that some times... but like i said the dx2s seemed alot easier to go full throttle in a short amount of time.

(EDIT: (again) this is suppose to be below the post below this one, my phone is showing it above it. if on a regular desktop it shows it below my other post, disregard this edit)
    Last edited by Slasher5225; 07-18-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    Slayer, Slash 4x4 (MMM/2650kv), & a Summit

RC Qualifier
    with the dx3s and dx2s spektrums that i have i did notice that the dx2s was a lot easier and quicker to pull back than Traxxas TQ's. The dx3s doesnt seem much different, but that might be because im already use to the dx2s tension. id say go to your lhs as stated and see if they would let you try some out if they have them. if your lhs is anything like myne, they would let you do it in a heartbeat.

RC poster
    Does anyone know if you can buy optional triggers somewhere?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamboboi89
    Does anyone know if you can buy optional triggers somewhere?
    i dont know of any places that do off the top of my head, sorry. If they did though, it would require a lot of patience and soldering i bet to get it to be like a stock one's transit time

RC Competitor
    lol you have the gears in my head turning. would some thing that hooked on the trigger to make longer so you can use more than one finger work?

RC Champion
    A longer trigger by itself would make the pushing easier due to the lever effect, but it'd also extend the distance it has to be pushed.

I use a DX3S and feel the trigger is too light for my liking so maybe it will be just right for what you want. My son has the DX3R and it is noticeably stiffer than my DX3S
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Have you considered making a paddle, kind of like a trigger shoe, that could extend out to the side of the controler that would allow you to a larger area to push on? I was thinking of a piece of metal (flat aluminium) bent so that it would screw to the trigger and have a hole on the other end that you could insert a finger, or thumb into to get a better angle on it. Just an idea but without knowing your disablity it is a shot in the dark. I hope it helps and you get the answers you are looking for.
    "Obedience alone gives the right to command."

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Spektrums will be easier however the turning knob, (don't know your disability) will be much harder to turn on Spektrum controllers vs. Traxxas controllers. Have you tried to switch the throttle, which you push up for throttle on the trigger and push down for brakes? Maybe it will be easier, just a thought to save you some $$$.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Racer
    i have a great solution.. use a hammer extension designed for a rifle. i have used the one off my 30/30, it will move your trigger out 1 full inch. then you can get a much better grip on it. the extension is designed to move the hammer away from the scope, but on a radio it will move the trigger outside the trigger guard.
    Caution, this message contains words.