RC Competitor

1/16 Slash tires

Are there any rim/tire options for the mini slash i can't find anything only these

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...at_name=RC18T#
    T-maxx 2.5 , 1/16 Slash vxl, Slash PE, Rally??

RC Qualifier
    There are not a ton of options unless you want to trim the body.

For off road Kyosho mini inferno wheels and tires I think are bolt on no mods required. For on road you have a few more options.

IF you do not mind trimming the body you can fit larger wheels and tires on there.. just look for 1/18 scale options. (Larger really helps the mini slash for general bashing.

12mm hex, if you want to use the stock wheels you will have more trouble because of the offset on ID.

you can also use mlst rims, just need to get their wheel hubs too

RC Qualifier
    yehhh those wheels u linked to are the the slash but there for fitting 1/18 tires to them, i used those exact wheels to add paddles tires to my slash
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...le+tires+found
    MERV VXL + Rally VXL + Stampede Xl5

RC Competitor
    http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...7&cat_name=140

Theres are the ones i'm going with, i'll paint them black once i get em.

Should look good under JConcepts body, just got to figure out a paint scheme now
    T-maxx 2.5 , 1/16 Slash vxl, Slash PE, Rally??

RC Racer
    Hey Adamadam do the wheels you talk about fit on the Slash VXL with no mods needed?

RC Competitor
    yeah no mod they come with a 12 mm hex so they bolt right up

RC Qualifier
    There are quite a few options... any 1/10 touring rim fits perfect as long as they are 0 offset... and there are a few different 1/10 rally tire sets out there that are fantastic... I am currently running the HPI 4470 tires on mine...

Heres an example or a couple different options...

Left to Right:
    Stock, HPI Wheels and 4470 Tires, Jaco Foams
    Last edited by Orgnoi1; 09-01-2010 at 05:21 AM.
    The Bashing Grounds
    Ross M.
    5-Pointer!

RC Racer
    Orgnoi1...I like the middle option. What tires and rim style is that? Any idea where I can get them?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKMRKT
    Orgnoi1...I like the middle option. What tires and rim style is that? Any idea where I can get them?

I am not seeing the HPI 4470 tires at AMain but I am sure that you can get them on eBay or somewhere... or basically look for ANY 1/10 rally 26mm tire set from HPI or Tamiya...

Here is a selection of 1/10 touring wheels:
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...&filter_mfr=16

The HPI 4470 are 26mm tires so you will want 26mm wheels to go along with that...

The picture I posted is actually a bit old... heres a couple new shots of the slash on the far right... first one is with Traxxas 4-Tec wheels (slicks)...

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery..._05_12-R01.jpg

Heres the two of mine together... dont let the angle fool you... the left one is slammed... its the same truck set up as the previous link... but this setup has the HPI Vintage 31mm tires and rims on it... its my play around inbetween racing my TC4...

Last edited by Orgnoi1; 09-02-2010 at 05:53 AM.
    The Bashing Grounds
    Ross M.
    5-Pointer!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolio99

Yes these will work...
    The Bashing Grounds
    Ross M.
    5-Pointer!

RC poster
    So it looks as if a 26mm rim and tire combo is stock. This is what we are looking for if we do not want to modify anything correct?

What if we want to go larger? How large can we go in mm? What mods will be required?

Also, what is needed if we want to use a wheel with an offset? What mods take care of that?

Sorry for all the questions and jacking the thread but were all trying to learn here.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolio99
    So it looks as if a 26mm rim and tire combo is stock. This is what we are looking for if we do not want to modify anything correct?

What if we want to go larger? How large can we go in mm? What mods will be required?

Also, what is needed if we want to use a wheel with an offset? What mods take care of that?

Sorry for all the questions and jacking the thread but were all trying to learn here.
    No problem at all...

the MM rating is the width not the height... these are all 1.9" tires and rims so no modification should be required... I have 31mm on my onroad slash which are the ones in the picture... they are 3mm offset meaning that the outside of the rim and tire are not flush... they have 3mm of depth... stock slash wheels are the same "type" as the larger slash where it has 2.2/3.0... I am not sure what the outside diameter but the inside is 1.9 I believe...

I actually have some BIG drift tires and rims (HPI LP35 and HPI LP32) but I havent tried to put them on my slash yet... if I make it downstairs to the work shop again I will try them out (currently on a broken ankle) but they should work just fine as well...
    The Bashing Grounds
    Ross M.
    5-Pointer!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I dig my hpi's, they worked great in the snow this past winter
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I like my Jaco's to!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC poster
    what size are they. How much was that set up?

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnoi1
    I am not seeing the HPI 4470 tires at AMain but I am sure that you can get them on eBay or somewhere... or basically look for ANY 1/10 rally 26mm tire set from HPI or Tamiya...

Here is a selection of 1/10 touring wheels:
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...&filter_mfr=16

The HPI 4470 are 26mm tires so you will want 26mm wheels to go along with that...

The picture I posted is actually a bit old... heres a couple new shots of the slash on the far right... first one is with Traxxas 4-Tec wheels (slicks)...

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery..._05_12-R01.jpg

Heres the two of mine together... dont let the angle fool you... the left one is slammed... its the same truck set up as the previous link... but this setup has the HPI Vintage 31mm tires and rims on it... its my play around inbetween racing my TC4...

My nephew has the same hpi vintage wheels on his mini. I think it looks great! Great street tires also

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler23
    what size are they. How much was that set up?
    Jaco foams run about $13 a pair...
    The Bashing Grounds
    Ross M.
    5-Pointer!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob
    My nephew has the same hpi vintage wheels on his mini. I think it looks great! Great street tires also
    Thanks! Yeah my only mistake was not balancing them before I ran them... so they have some flat spots... its a insanely fun onroad setup... I just need adjustable links...
    The Bashing Grounds
    Ross M.
    5-Pointer!