RC Competitor

Proline Trencher Tires VS. Stock tires?

Title says it all. I was at my local dirt track today and the stockers seem like im on ice in the corners. I also have a local track near me that is a clay track that i like to run on. I like the Trenchers because its a tire I can leave on if I wanna run on pavement. Does anyone have the Trencher tires and how do you like them?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rc77
    Why not have a set of tires for each? If you start running your dirt tires on pavement your just going to wear them out quicker.

Why not buy a good set for the dirt and use your stockers on pavement? Changing tires really doesn't take more than a minute.
    You do have a good point there. Are the Trenchers good on dirt and clay?

RC Qualifier
    The stock tires on the 4x4 are a hard compound which is good for long tread life, but you loose out in the traction department. I'm running Flat Irons on my Bug setup and I can't believe the huge improvement in traction over the stock tires!

I know they're trying to keep a more scale tire look but it would be nice if the stock tires were a bit wider.

Well I had a pair of trenchers. Here is the thread of how they were. http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ight=trenchers

RC Racer
    I have a set on my 4x4 PE slash w/ MMP 2650. So far it's pretty sticky on the street, and tend to do wheelies off the line. On the dirt, it's pretty dent as well, I take the dirt corners pretty good. Overall, I would give the tires a 4/5 rating.

RC Champion
    I have trenchers but they sit on the shelf because I find they push to bad in the corners.. Straight line is good, but there is no side traction.. I like the Slash 2x4 Stock SCT tires best for my backyard track.
    However I never tried any of the "Race tires" so I would imagine they would amaze me compared to anything I have run.. I just can't bring my self to buy a tire with a couple 1/32" high knobs.. I feel they would be wore out in a day or two. I will give up the traction for a little more wear/ tread life.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Champion
    if you try bowties you'll think every other tire sucks. i tried my friends and now im going to have to buy some. my lap times were a lot quicker. although if you ran them once on pavement i think they would be shot.
    Slash 4x4 MMP-HV 5.5
    Slash Sidewinder SC 3800kv

RC Competitor
    Ive ran my bowties on street before, and theyre fine. Theyre the M2 combo though.
    Slash VXL | HPI Wheely King 4x4
    Thanks, Kevin.

RC Qualifier
    the trencher is not really a track tire. it's for loose dirt.

I've ran the PE stock, caliber, and switch tires on our local hard-pack clay.
    when the track was clean there was very little difference between the switch and caliber. Bother were huge improvement over stock. When the track got dusty the calibers were better.