Thread: top speed??

RC Qualifier

top speed??

with 2 2s lipos do you think i could get up to 35mph?

RC Enthusiast
    I think 35 would be a stretch because the included batteries are claiming 30 at 2 8.4v batteries. So i think 2 7.4v batteries even though they are lipo will not go much past 30. Hope that helps!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    If your not a current FE boat guy... 30 is FAST. My Villain was my first real RC boat and with the included 2 six cell nimhs it was fun... I went to two 2S lipos and it just got insane. I doubt its doing much past 20-25 so 30 will be really fast for a beginner like me. Im going to start running my Titan on 4S lipo... then learn to drive it and switch to 6S... I just dont want to go 6S too soon or im sure ill crash.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    yes i know that 30 mph is fast for a FE boat because my supervee 27 goes probably like 25 mph ont two 6 cells. so i hopefully it will go faster with 2s because my slash goes fadter with 2s than with an 8.4v battery.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    With just a prop change and minor CG tuning, my SV27 has recorded speeds at just slightly over 40mph. I have done this with both 2S LiPo packs and 6-cell, matched, Nimh EnerG4600 packs. So I expect the new Titan to run very well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by slash50
    with 2 2s lipos do you think i could get up to 35mph?
    with the extra amps you will have with lipos and a bigger prop like say a 45mm you should see 40mph
    I have some 5000mah 5s packs I will run in parallel and with the right prop I hope to see low 50's with my Traxxas Titan
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer