RC Qualifier

nitro slash 4x4.

hey guys. i was wondering if there was a way to turn the slash into a nitro rc truck? i know it sounds kinda stupid but im wondering. maybe put a traxxas .15 engine in it?

RC Qualifier
    I have no idea why you would want to do that because Traxxas already has the Slayer... which is basically a nitro 4x4

RC Qualifier
    With enough money and the will to make it happen, anything can be done. Or you could just buy a Slayer.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

Most people are probably going to tell you "yes, it's called a slayer" but I personally would prefer something with the more classic design of the 4x4 slash in nitro than a slayer, much simpler. I'm sure if you made achassis plate that would put the motor where it needs to be it wouldn't be a problem. It's going to take modification and fabrication, but once you get the motor where it needs to be it's smooth sailing.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Champion
    it wouldnt be a slash then...

RC Qualifier
    true. but hey might as well give ideas. but slayer sounds good enough. plus you have to have all sorts of upgrades to keep the slash running.

RC Qualifier
    It's called a Traxxas Slayer.

RC Qualifier
    I'm a machinist so I have access to do this. SO....I have a carbon fiber undertray on my 4x4 with a lot of chassis cut out and everything dropped (except motor). If I do it, I will use a scrt-10 center diff, mounts, and possible CVDs or make my own. You could use the stock chasssis and scrt-10 or hyper driveline (dunno if they are the same though). You can cut the cvds, shorten, and tig back together if needed. Just thoughts.

RC Qualifier
    ypu spound like you should do it yeti. just sayin

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti as3
    I'm a machinist so I have access to do this. SO....I have a carbon fiber undertray on my 4x4 with a lot of chassis cut out and everything dropped (except motor). If I do it, I will use a scrt-10 center diff, mounts, and possible CVDs or make my own. You could use the stock chasssis and scrt-10 or hyper driveline (dunno if they are the same though). You can cut the cvds, shorten, and tig back together if needed. Just thoughts.
    I would like to see a pic of carbon fiber undertray
    Rawpwr

RC Champion
    here's a question- why go nitro? Electric is superior in nearly every way. Think about it, you see dozens of nitro -> electric conversions. Very rarely do you see electric -> nitro. Is it just for the novelty of it, or the realism..?
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlkid
    here's a question- why go nitro? Electric is superior in nearly every way. Think about it, you see dozens of nitro -> electric conversions. Very rarely do you see electric -> nitro. Is it just for the novelty of it, or the realism..?
    I think it's more of ease than anything. All you need is a mount and any nitro model can pretty much be turned into electric. Take the revo 3.3 and e-revo for example. You can buy a mount for the 3.3 to except an electric motor, but the other way around would be a lot more difficult.
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer

RC Champion
    I will never own a nitro truck, too much work and with mods electric can go faster
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    thats all true. but im gettin tired of always chargin batteries and having to balance out lipos and all that. but with nitro you just put more gas in the tank and go. i know its a lot of work but hey i love the hobby so why not enjoy workin on it. i mean the slash requires alot of maintenance to.

RC Racer
    Dide nitro is so fun. I have a revo 3.3 with an os .18tz with a bunch of mods and love it. The only reason I got a slash 4x4 is cause my friends had electric sc trucks and when we would race I would kill them so I bought a slower truck to make it closer and funner. Don't get me wrong I love my slash and all it's really terrible design flaws but I love my nitro revo even more not like the smell of nitro

RC Enthusiast
    I was bashing on the weekend with another slash 4x4 owner and a slayer

Man the slayer needed some serious suspension upgrades as it was very sloppy and rolled so easily and had to be restarted so many times once it was on it's roof.
    E-Revo BL Slash 4x4
    E-Revo VXL Slash VXL

RC Qualifier
    well i think im gonna keep the 4x4 electric and go buy a nitro ofna. but gonna keep the 4x4 so i have something to do after my nitro breaks

RC Qualifier
    mods please dont take that off.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot
    Man the slayer needed some serious suspension upgrades as it was very sloppy and rolled so easily
    The reason many people dont like the salyer is that it takes ALOT of skill to drive them. Go ask anyone on the Slayer forum, they will say the same thing. I'm not saying your a bad driver or anything, its just that Revo's, Maxx's, etc. seem to be EXTREMLY easy to drive after you have driven a Slayer for the first couple of times. Once you get practice with a Slayer and get the controls working smoothly on it, they are very easy to drive and improve your driving on other vehicles. I love my Slayer!

had to be restarted so many times once it was on it's roof.
    That is most likely a bad tune on the engine, or the piston/sleeve is losing its pinch. After I got a new engine and a Spektrum DX2S w/ Telemetry I have had a GREAT tune on it and it hasnt stalled out when it rolls on its roof since.
    Slayer, Slash 4x4 (MMM/2650kv), & a Summit

RC Champion
    I was bashing on the weekend with another slash 4x4 owner and a slayer

Man the slayer needed some serious suspension upgrades as it was very sloppy and rolled so easily and had to be restarted so many times once it was on it's roof.
    I noticed that at Crandon. I was on the track with a T-Maxx and on one of my batteries he had to restart the engine three times.

I think I would like nitro if that's what I had started with. But I am an electric guy through and through
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Racer
    Yes you can, but you will need an alum. chassis to help dissipate the heat.

RC Racer
    I was at a BMX track the other day with a new modded 3.3 Revo.

The guy spent about 10 minutes diriving his with 5 or 6 restarts and then the next 10 minutes watching my slash! He said something like, that thing is crazy it just keeps coming back for more! How many turns motor is it?!