trying to learn

what makes an FE boat an FE boat?

and how are props rated?
    only fifty... REALLY?

RC Racer
    its gotta be Fast and Electric
    I do not know all the stipulations

RC Champion
    Last edited by PBO; 06-18-2010 at 06:28 AM.

There is no hard core definition that I can find other than what has been said already...fast and electric. I have ran boats for quite some time and in my opinion of a FE is any electric powered boat that is able to run at speeds 30mph and above. If there is an exact definition out there please post it or a link to share with everyone else but I was unable to find it. There are several good sites with info on FE boats such as:
    www.offshoreelectrics.com
    www.rumrunnerracing.com
    www.rcuniverse.com

I hope this helps with your question.
    Last edited by Ferb; 06-21-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Ferb

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferb
    There is no hard core definition that I can find other than what has been said already...fast and electric. I have ran boats for quite some time and in my opinion of a FE is any electric powered boat that is able to run at speeds 30mph and above. If there is an exact definition out there please post it or a link to share with everyone else but I was unable to find it. There are several good sites with info on FE boats such as:
    www.offshoreelectrics.com
    www.rumrunnersracing.com
    www.rcuniverse.com

I hope this helps with your question.
    I'm just guessing here but I think the phrase was coined to separate high performance electric boats from toy electric baots found in the toy store or other much lower performing boats because I think years ago when peole heard the words electric they automatically thought "slow"

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrobaby
    I'm just guessing here but I think the phrase was coined to separate high performance electric boats from toy electric baots found in the toy store or other much lower performing boats because I think years ago when peole heard the words electric they automatically thought "slow"
    I think your right man!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer