RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Just ordered my Blue one from tower... yay.

Anyone want a new Villain EX... hehe. Just put through my order for a blue Titan from tower. The list price was $385, and I ordered a few other items along with it for my trucks (including an MMP esc) and got the order up to $700. With my Gold member discount I saved $140 on the total order. So thats not bad really.

Along with the boat I ordered a 2nd Venom 5000mah 3S lipo to match the one I already have. I just sold off my smaller 2S lipos and bought 2 X 5000mah 2S venom hardcases last week so I can now run the titan on 2 X 2S or 2 X 3S lipos.

I also have a spare RX for my KO system laying around so i wont be using the Traxxas Link system or the included batteries so ill sell those and get probably $80 back as well. Putting my total at $385 - tower discount of about $75, less the parts I sell for $80 for a total of $230, plus $15 shipping gets me to $245.

Cant wait.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Wow someone is gonna have a big grin on your face when you recieve your package from tower. That's impressive. It's gonna be like a second christmas for ya
    Let us know how she runs and have fun with it.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

Cant wait. Unfortunately the 3S lipo and the Boat are on back order buy my MMP and Program card and all the other stuff will be here shortly. But all I really want is the boat.
    Our lake has been so perfectly smooth the past 2 nights and my neighbour and I have rafts which would make for great oval running. The minute that boat shows up... its go fast time.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Haha very nice. Sucks that they're on backorder. But it should be a ton of fun for ya when it arrives
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

RC Qualifier
    +1 on the Blue Titan and Tower Im waiting for my Boat but I got the 3s lipos which are in use in the BL revo...
    V Twin Emaxx
    inferno gt2 aka XO1 Destroyer

Luckily I had ONE 3S... would have been a much cheaper day if I had 2 already. I did sell off one of my other 3S packs to make room (and help pay for) the 2nd 5000 3S. I was going to go with 2 5400mah venoms as i have one of those as well, but they are so big and heavy I figured for 400mah capacity id go with the smaller, lighter packs.
    I wonder how it will go on 4S... I know in my Villain I was only running dual 6cell nimh and when I jumped to dual 2S lipos it was CRAZY fast. But since the titan comes with 2 8.4 volt nimh I imagine the jump to dual 2S lipos wont be that impressive.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    4s will def be fun... I ran 2- 8.4v nimh in the villian and it was really fast so Im thinking 4s will be plenty fast...
    V Twin Emaxx
    inferno gt2 aka XO1 Destroyer

RC Champion
    Great prices, let us know about any updates
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

This is getting hard to wait for. I know the week I get it, were going to have nothing but wind and rain or something. I can see myself on the dock, in a tornado trying to get my first run in or something.
    Im considering keeping my villain now. I just got it together, its new and mint and I just dont know if I want to take a huge hit on selling less than a month after getting it. Dont know. Im sure once I pull the trigger on the Titan that villain will just look ready for the marketplace though. Maybe fund a few more batteries or something. Till the titan gets here, ill just be running my Villain on 4S... Maybe ill actually learn to drive.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
    This is getting hard to wait for. I know the week I get it, were going to have nothing but wind and rain or something. I can see myself on the dock, in a tornado trying to get my first run in or something.
    I know exactly how this goes... when I got my Villain back in 2002, I drove it with ice still on the water!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    I know exactly how this goes... when I got my Villain back in 2002, I drove it with ice still on the water!
    Now that made me smile.

Well, the final step before the boat arrives just shipped out. My back ordered Venom 5000mah 3S lipo just left Tower hobbies.
    So, the way tower hobbies super saver club works is like this, you place your order, they ship whats in stock and charge you for whats in stock but they dont give you your discount until your charged for whatever backordered items put you over the required spending amount for the discount.
    In this case, I ordered a total of $700 in merchandise to get $140 off... the boat and my lipo were backordered. So, they charged me for and shipped $200 in items when I first ordered, now theyve charged me for and shipped the lipo. The boat retails for $384.99, which I havent been charged for but I havent got my discount yet. SO... this is all to explain that when the boat ships, I will only be charged $244.99 as my full $140 discount will apply to that order and shipment.

$244.99... not bad eh.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    There is like 3 boats I want
    The new Traxxas Titan
    and Proboat has two new ones coming soon.. one is a F1 and the other is a Cat
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

Man, I want a big cat also. Like a Venom KOS. They look so good. I also want an hydro... brushless. Id love to have one of each. The lake was perfectly calm tonight and I ran another set of packs through my Villain, if I had of had a good brushless hydro or the titan on 6S I could have just run all night.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had a Gas KOS and was that thing big!
    First MiniSlash

Man, I love that video on the Venom site where they just run it wide open along side a full size boat. It just handles the waves so well. If I did have that kind of dough to spend I do think it would be on an HPI 5T... but if I had 2X that much money to spend it would be on a 5T and a Gas cat like the KOS
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Man, I love that video on the Venom site where they just run it wide open along side a full size boat. It just handles the waves so well. If I did have that kind of dough to spend I do think it would be on an HPI 5T... but if I had 2X that much money to spend it would be on a 5T and a Gas cat like the KOS
    I've got a 5B and it's killer!
    I think I'm going with a Blue Titan!
    First MiniSlash

RC Racer
    Anyone want a new Villain EX... hehe. Just put through my order for a blue Titan from tower. The list price was $385, and I ordered a few other items along with it for my trucks (including an MMP esc) and got the order up to $700. With my Gold member discount I saved $140 on the total order. So thats not bad really.
    whats a GOLD club member? How did you save $140? I thought the move you could save was $60 off one order?
    Savage Flux 2350 & Pede VXL (3607)

If you blow enough cash at tower in a short period of time they make a member of the gold club... Basically, the discount percentage is the same it just applies up to a larger amount of money. I could save up to $500 on a $2500 order... if that ever happens... man... thats a great day.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    If you blow enough cash at tower in a short period of time they make a member of the gold club... Basically, the discount percentage is the same it just applies up to a larger amount of money. I could save up to $500 on a $2500 order... if that ever happens... man... thats a great day.

gotcha thanks....they say nothing about it on the site....I have only spent like a grand there in about a year....
    Savage Flux 2350 & Pede VXL (3607)

I guess for those of us waiting for back orders, the price of the titan just went down $10... in my backorder list on tower, it now says $374.99
    How sweet is that... with my $140 discount that means im only paying $234.99 for my titan... sell the link radio, sell the batteries and thats one cheap FE boat...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    I need to keep my eyes open for a coupon like that. Best i've ever seen was $60 off $400 and I had to become a member to get that...
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I guess for those of us waiting for back orders, the price of the titan just went down $10... in my backorder list on tower, it now says $374.99
    How sweet is that... with my $140 discount that means im only paying $234.99 for my titan... sell the link radio, sell the batteries and thats one cheap FE boat...
    If I add up all the savings in the past few short months, I'm getting mine for free!
    First MiniSlash

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    Great idea for the next boat ! A Traxxas Icebreaker !
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Racer
    the coupons i always see are 60 off 300 or more or 80 off 400 or more

You gotta blow alot of coin at tower to be invited to join the gold member club... Kindof a sad statment when you go back and look at the money youve spent... but good savings non the less.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ